Ludovica Bartiromo, MD, is an Endometriosis and Fertility Specialist working at the Gynecol/Obstet Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy. She has authored peer-reviewed, highly indexed articles in reproductive and surgical journals. Her research focuses on endometriosis, reproductive medicine and minimally invasive gynaecology.
Research Interest: Minimally invasive surgery, endometriosis, reproductive surgery, infertility
List of Publications:
• Salmeri N, Villanacci R, Ottolina J, Bartiromo L, Cavoretto P, Dolci C, Lembo R, Schimberni M, Valsecchi L, Viganò P, Candiani M. Maternal Arsenic Exposure and Gestational Diabetes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Nutrients. 2020 Oct 11;12(10):3094..
• Ottolina J, Bartiromo L, Dolci C, Salmeri N, Schimberni M, Villanacci R, Viganò P, Candiani M. Assessment of Coagulation Parameters in Women Affected by Endometriosis: Validation Study and Systematic Review of the Literature. Diagnostics (Basel). 2020 Aug 7;10(8):567.
• Candiani M, Ferrari S, Bartiromo L, Schimberni M, Tandoi I, Ottolina J. Fertility Outcome after CO2 Laser Vaporization versus Cystectomy in Women with Ovarian Endometrioma: A Comparative Study. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2021 Jan;28(1):34-41.
• Ottolina J, Ferrari S, Bartiromo L, Bonavina G, Salmeri N, Schimberni M, Makieva S, Tandoi I, Papaleo E, ViganÒ P, Candiani M. Ovarian responsiveness in assisted reproductive technology after CO2 fiber laser vaporization for endometrioma treatment: preliminary data. Minerva Endocrinol. 2020 Dec;45(4):288-294.
• Ottolina J, Schimberni M, Makieva S, Bartiromo L, Fazia T, Bernardinelli L, Viganò P, Candiani M, Gentilini D. Early-life factors, in-utero exposures and endometriosis risk: a meta-analysis. Reprod Biomed Online. 2020 Aug;41(2):279-289.
• Vigano P, Ottolina J, Bartiromo L, et al. Cellular Components Contributing to Fibrosis in Endometriosis: A Literature Review [published online ahead of print, 2019 Nov 27]. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2019;S1553-4650(19)31299-3.
• Ferrero et al. Clinical Management of Bowel Endometriosis - From Diagnosis to Treatment. Springer Books. [ahead of print, 2019 Dec].
• Candiani M, Ottolina J, Schimberni M, Tandoi I, Bartiromo L, Ferrari S. Recurrence Rate after "One-Step" CO2 Fiber Laser Vaporization versus Cystectomy for Ovarian Endometrioma: A 3-Year Follow-up Study. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2019;S1553-4650(19)30331-0.
• ETIC Endometriosis Treatment Italian Club. When more is not better: 10 'don'ts' in endometriosis management. An ETIC position statement. Hum Reprod Open. 2019;2019(3):hoz009. Published 2019 Jun 12.
• Alio L et al. Endometriosis: seeking optimal management in women approaching menopause. Climacteric. 2019;22(4):329–338.
• Ottolina J, Bartiromo L, Viganò P, Makieva S, Schimberni M, Candiani M. Does endometriosis influence the age of menopause? Minerva Ginecol. 2018 Apr;70(2):171-177.
• Sanchez AM, Vanni VS, Bartiromo L, et al. Is the oocyte quality affected by endometriosis? A review of the literature. J Ovarian Res. 2017;10(1):43.
• Ottolina J et al. The impact on ovarian reserve of CO2 laser fiber vaporization in the treatment of ovarian endometrioma: A prospective clinical trial, J Endometr Pelvic Pain Disord 2017; 9(3): 206-210.
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
Yeungnam University, Korea
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
China University of Political Science and Law, China
Forensic Science Today
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
University of Parma, Italy
International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
University of Pisa, Italy
Annals of Psychiatry and Treatment
Oklahoma University, USA
Archives of Anatomy and Physiology
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."