H.S.L.C. (Matriculation) 2002, Happy Child High School, Guwahati, Assam, Higher Secondary 2002- 2004, Cotton College, Guwahati, Assam, Graduation (MBBS) 2004-2010, Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Assam, Registration No. 19674, Date- 11.02.10 , Assam Medical Council, Compulsory Post MBBS State (Rural) Service- 2010- 2011, Postgraduation (M.D. Anaesthesiology) 2011-2014, Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Assam. Post Diploma Certificate Course (PDCC) -Neuroanaesthesia – 1 year- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow (01.07.15 - 30.06.16), DNB (Anaesthesiology)- 2016, DM (Neuroanaesthesiology) (From 01.07.2017- to be completed on 30.06.2020)
Research Interest: Neuroanaesthesiology, Neurocritical Care, Neurotrauma
Number of Publications:
1. Khandelwal A, Kapoor I, Mahajan C, Prabhakar H. Effect of positive end-expiratory pressure on optic nerve sheath diameter in pediatric patients with traumatic brain Injury. J Pediatr Neurosci 2018; 13:165-9.
2. Goyal K, Hazarika A, Khandelwal A, Sokhal N, Bindra A, Kumar N, Kedia S, Rath GP. Non- Neurological Complications after Traumatic Brain Injury: A Prospective Observational Study. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2018; 22:632-638.
3. Khandelwal A, Kapoor I, Goyal K, Singh S, Jena BR. Pneumothorax during percutaneous tracheostomy - a brief review of literature on attributable causes and preventable strategies. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2017; 49:317-319.
4. Khandelwal A, Haldar R, Srivastava A, Singh PK. Sympatholysis subsequent to intraoperative amygdalohippocampal stimulation: A report of three pediatric neurosurgical cases with literature review. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2016; 11:261-263.
5. Haldar R, Khandelwal A, Gupta D, Srivastava S, Rastogi A, Singh PK. Valsalva maneuver: Its implications in clinical neurosurgery. Neurol India. 2016; 64:1276-1280.
6. Khandelwal A, Chaturvedi A, Singh GP, Mishra RK. Intractable brain swelling during cerebral arteriovenous malformation surgery due to contralateral acute subdural haematoma. Indian J Anaesth 2018; 62:984-7.
7. Khandelwal A, Pandia MP, Lamsal R. Delayed emergence from anaesthesia and bilateral mydriasis following bilateral pallidotomy. Indian J Anaesth. 2018; 62:466-469.
8. Singh S, Khandelwal A, Datta R, Kaushal A, Singh GP. Recurrent Metabolic Acidosis during High-dose Midazolam Therapy for Refractory Status Epilepticus. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2018; 22:119-121.
9. Khandelwal A, Singh GP, Singh A, Singh S, Prasad C. Intraoperative generalized tonic- clonic seizure and consequent severe brain bulge during functional motor cortex mapping. A case report. A A Pract. 2018 Aug 7. [Epub ahead of print]
10. Khandelwal A, Haldar R, Srivastava S, Singh PK. Intense Intraoperative Thirst: A Neglected Concern during Awake Craniotomy Surgeries. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2017; 29:373-374.
11. Khandelwal A, Gupta D, Haldar R, Rai A. Isolated lower limb gangrene: a caveat of terlipressin therapy. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2016; 48:370-372.
12. Khandelwal A, Kaushal A, Singh GP, Dube SK. Suction catheter as a crucial rescuer in lost tracheostomy tract situation during percutaneous tracheostomy. Saudi J Anaesth. 2017; 11:129-130
13. Khandelwal A, Jena BR, Kumar N, Kaushal A. Hypermobile laryngeal granulomas: a potential cause of false negative cuff leak test. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2017; 49:77-78.
14. Khandelwal A, Debbarman S, Rath GP, Lamsal R. Sedation induced by antiepileptic drugs polytherapy: A note of caution during anesthesia. Saudi J Anaesth 2019; 13:86-7
15. Khandelwal A, Lamsal R, Rath GP, Netam RK, Bir M. Motor-evoked potential monitoring: A valuable tool for the diagnosis of position-related neurologic deficits. Saudi J Anaesth 2019; 13:88-9.
16. Khandelwal A, Sokhal N, Jena BR. Severe hypoglycemia mimicking raised intracranial pressure - A word of caution. Neurol India. 2017; 65:620-621.
17. Khandelwal A, Singh GP, Kharwar RK, Deganwa M. An iron rod restricting access to airway: an unusual presentation. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther.2017; 49:241-242.
18. Khandelwal A, Mishra RK, Singh S, Singh S, Rath GP. Dilated Pupil as a Diagnostic Component of Brain Death-Does it Really Matter? J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2018 Jun 22.
19. Khandelwal A, Mahajan C, Sameera V, Prabhakar H, Kapoor I. Intraoperative Blood Pressure Discrepancy Between Arms During Prone Position. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2018; 30:80-81.
20. Khandelwal A, Kapoor I, Prabhakar H, Mahajan C. Subcutaneous Hematoma following Subcutaneous Emphysema: An Occult Association. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2017; 21:618-619.
21. Khandelwal A, Shamim R. Low–osmolality contrast agents-A risk for myasthenics. Neurology India. 2016; 64:558.
22. Khandelwal A, Kumar N. Sustained intraoperative bradycardia revealing Sengers syndrome. Indian J Anaesth. 2018; 62:86.
23. Khandelwal A, Sokhal N, Kumar N, Singh S, Sokhal S. Phenytoin-induced Excessive Sedation During Awake Craniotomy: An Unusual Observation. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2019; 31:87-88.
24. Khandelwal A, Gupta S, Prabhakar H, Burman S. Venous air embolism following application of Mayfield head clamp: A word of caution. Indian J Anaesth 2018; 62:1002-3.
25. Gupta D, Khandelwal A. Bowel Preparation in Awake Craniotomy: An Overlooked Entity. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2017; 29:367-368.
26. Haldar R, Khandelwal A, Vagyannavar R, Srivastava S. Obscure Retropharyngeal Mucocutaneous Masses Associated With Acoustic Neurofibromatosis: A Source of Difficult Airway Management. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2017; 29:369-370.
27. Haldar R, Khandelwal A, Gupta D, Srivastava S, Singh PK. Acute post-operative diabetic ketoacidosis: Atypical harbinger unmasking latent diabetes mellitus. Indian J Anaesth. 2016; 60:763-765
28. Gupta D, Khandelwal A, Haldar R. A Novel Method of Fixation of Tracheostomy Tube in Cervical Spine Surgeries with Posterior Approach. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2016; 7:S123.
29. Chavali S, Singh S, Kaushal A, Khandelwal A, Roy H. Persistent hypertensive response following dexmedetomidine infusion in a patient with cervical spinal cord injury.J Neurosci Rural Pract 2018; 9:426-427.
30. Ramakrishna MC, Singh S, Khandelwal A. A rare case of variation in the anatomical relationship between the common carotid artery and the internal jugular vein due to enlarged thyroid. Indian J Anaesth. 2017; 61:601-602.
31. Singh S, Roy H, Singh GP, Khandelwal A. Early postoperative carbamazepine-induced tetany in a patient with trigeminal neuralgia. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2018; 34:405-406.
NON-MEDLINE (PUBMED) INDEXED
1. Khandelwal A, Tarat A, Nath R, Kote SS. Intrathecal Hyperbaric Ropivacaine for Day Case Pelvic, Perineal and Lower Limb Surgeries–A Prospective Study. Indian Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia. 2015; 2:119-25.
2. Kapoor I, Khandelwal A, Mahajan C, Prabhakar H, Bithal PK. Changes in Optic Nerve Sheath Diameter in Response to Various Levels of End-Tidal Carbon Dioxide in Healthy Patients under General Anesthesia. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care. 2018.
3. Khandelwal A, Pathak DG, Nath R, Sonowal P, Pasari C, Kote SS. Spinal myoclonus following intrathecal anesthesia with bupivacaine for elective appendicectomy. Int J Sci Stud 2014; 2:112-114.
4. Khandelwal A, Mahajan C, Kapoor I, Prabhakar H. Intra‑operative bradycardia during forceful saline irrigation following temporal lobectomy. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care. 2017. 4:57.
5. Khandelwal A, Dube S K, Singh G P. Spontaneous retrograde coiling of central venous catheter into the ipsilateral internal jugular vein – Can it happen? Crit Care Pediatr. 2018; 1:57-58.
6. Nath R, Dutta S, Khandelwal A. Attenuation of Hemodynamic Response during Laryngoscopy and Intubation with Low Dose Intravenous Nalbuphine. J Hematol Transfus 2015; 3: 1036.
7. Nath R, Dutta S, Medom K, Khandelwal A. Evaluation of the analgesic efficacy and safety of intravenous paracetamol in comparison to intravenous tramadol for post-operative analgesia in patients undergoing lower abdominal surgery. J Evol Med And Dent Sci. 2015; 4:505-13.
8. Kote SS, Khandelwal A, Pathak DG, Nath R. An unusual case of osmotic demyelination syndrome without electrolyte changes in a patient with diabetes. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care. 2017 2016; 3:145.
9. Mitra R, Prabhakar H, Rath GP, Bithal PK, Khandelwal A. A comparative study between intraoperative low-dose ketamine and dexmedetomidine, as an anaesthetic adjuvant in lumbar spine instrumentation surgery for the post-operative analgesic requirement. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care 2017; 4:91-8.
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
China University of Political Science and Law, China
Forensic Science Today
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."