Research Interest: Call Neurology Section, Parkinson’s Disease, Non-Motor Symptoms Of Parkinson's Disease.
Research Interest: Neuropsychology,Neuropsychological Assessment, Cognitive,Memory, Executive Function.
Research Interest: Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Drug-drug interaction, Transporter, Excretion, P-gp
Research Interest: Alzheimer’s Disease, Lipo Protein A (Lpa) In Stroke Patients Among Local Population.
Research Interest: Parkinson's Disease; Neurodegenerative Disease; Clinical Phenotype; Genetics; Epigenetics; Pathogenesis.
Research Interest: Neurodegenerative Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Stem Cell And Cognition.
Research Interest: Intrinsically Disordered Proteins, Protein Folding, Protein Biophysics, Protein-Protein Interaction, Proteins, Protein Conformation, Protein Aggregation, Protein Stability, Protein Misfolding, Protein Dynamics, Protein Biochemistry, Protein Characterization, Structural Bioinformatics And Structural Biology, Aggregation, Protein Engineering, Computational Structural Biology, Prion Diseases, Structural Bioinformatics.
Research Interest: NEUROLOGİC REHABİLİTASYON, Stroke Rehabilitasyon, Parkinson’s Disease and Rehabilitation, Post Operatif Neck and Back Pain and Rehabilitation, Choronic Musculo Skeletal Pain and Rehabilitation.
Reseach Interest: Clinical and Experimental Neuropathology, Normal And Pathologic, Brain Aging, Bio-Brain Banking, Clinico-Pathologic Correlations, Animal And Cellular Models, Neuroproteomics, Neurogenomics, Quantitative Neuropathology, Neurostereology, Drug Discovery.
Research Interest: Dementia, Drug Development, Nerve Agents, Treatment, Drug Design, Biomedicine.
Research Interest: Parkinson's disease; Movement Disorders; Genetic study; Animal model; Drosophila.
After some years of academic formation (I studied Pharmacy and a Master degree on Neuroscience from the University of Barcelona obtained in 2012) I was lucky to join the Neuropharmacology and Pain research lab in September 2012, where I started the Ph.D. training with a FPI Grant (Formación de Personal Investigador) from the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, under the supervision of Dr. Francisco Ciruela and Dr. Víctor Fernández-Dueñas.
During this period my work was focused on deciphering the role of the Parkinson related GPR37, also known as PAEL receptor in the Central Nervous System, and looking for specific ligands for this orphan receptor. As GPR37 was an orphan receptor (which means that does not exist any ligand described that binds specifically to this receptor) we had to start building the house from the base. We produced recombinant proteins, specific antibodies and all the tools required to study this interesting and mysterious receptor implicated in the Parkinson’s neuropathological hallmarks. We also studied the interaction of this receptor with adenosine, dopamine and glutamate in different brain regions of interest such as striatum to find new potential treatments for Parkinson’s disease, and finally we focused on studying the potential use of the GPR37 as a biomarker in Parkinson’s disease (using both CSF and serum). We generated a homemade ELISA assay to detect GPR37 peptides in body fluids.
As a result from all this work, I have participated in very different research projects, published more than 18 papers in peer-reviewed international journals and defend my work on international congress. Since 2018, I’ve been also collaborating with Laboratorios Dr. Esteve designing a new biosensor to facilitate Sigma1 receptor ligands screenings, a receptor implicated in different diseases, such as cocaine addiction, amnesia, pain, depression or Alzheimer’s disease.
Research Interest: At this moment my research is focused in desciphering the role of different GPCRs in neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Multiple Sclerosis.
Grants: FPI grant, Eurolife Postdoctoral Mobility and Knowledge exchange
List of Publications:
1. Morató X; Rodrigo Antunes Cunha; Francisco Ciruela. GPR37 emerges as an important modulator of adenosinergic transmission in the striatum. Neural Regeneration Research. 2019.
2. Morató X; Francisco Q Gonçalves; Joao Pedro Lopes; Olga Jauregui; Concepció Soler; Victor Fernández-Dueñas; Rodrigo Antunes Cunha; Francisco Ciruela. Chronic adenosine A2A receptor blockade induces locomotor sensitization and potentiates striatal LTD in GPR37 deficient mice. J Neurochem. 2019 Mar;148(6):796-809. doi: 10.1111/jnc.14653. Epub 2019 Jan 28.
3. Luján R, Aguado C, Ciruela F, Arus XM, Martín-Belmonte A, Alfaro-Ruiz R, Martínez-Gómez J, de la Ossa L, Watanabe M, Adelman JP, Shigemoto R, Fukazawa Y. SK2 Channels Associate With mGlu1α Receptors and CaV2.1 Channels in Purkinje Cells. Front Cell Neurosci. 2018 Sep 19;12:311. doi: 10.3389/fncel.2018.00311. eCollection 2018.
4. Gómez-Soler M, Cordobilla B, Morató X, Fernández-Dueñas V, Domingo JC, Ciruela F. Triglyceride Form of Docosahexaenoic Acid Mediates Neuroprotection in Experimental Parkinsonism. Front Neurosci. 2018 Aug 28;12:604. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2018.00604. eCollection 2018.
5. Morató X, Luján R, Gonçalves N, Watanabe M, Altafaj X, Carvalho AL, Fernández-Dueñas V, Cunha RA, Ciruela F. Metabotropic glutamate type 5 receptor requires contactin-associated protein 1 to control memory formation. Hum Mol Genet. 2018 Oct 15;27(20):3528-3541. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddy264.
6. Eduard Tolosa; Teresa Botta-Orfila; Morató X; Calatayud C; Ferrer-Lorente R; Martí MJ; Fernández M; Gaig C; Raya Á; Consiglio A; Mario Ezquerra; Rubén Fernández Santiago. MicroRNA alterations in iPSC-derived dopaminergic neurons from Parkinson disease patients. Neurobiology of Aging. 5 - 32, pp. 283 - 291. Peter R. Rapp, 20/09/2018. ISSN 0197-4580.
7. Morató X, Luján R, López-Cano M, Gandía J, Stagljar I, Watanabe M, Cunha RA, Fernández-Dueñas V, Ciruela F. The Parkinson's disease-associated GPR37 receptor interacts with striatal adenosine A2A receptor controlling its cell surface expression and function in vivo. Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 25; 7(1):9452.
8. Kate Sokolina1#, Saranya Kittanakom1#, Jamie Snider, Max Kotlyar, Pascal Maurice, Jorge Gandía, Abla Benleulmi-Chaachoua, Kenjiro Tadagak, Victoria Wong, Ramy H. Malty, Viktor Deineko, Hiroyuki Aoki, Shahreen Amin, Laura Riley, Zhong Yao, Morató X, Sara Rahmati, Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Javier Menendez, Daniel Auerbach, Stephane Angers, Natasa Pržulj, Michel Bouvier, Mohan Babu, Francisco Ciruela, Ralf Jockers, Igor Jurisica, and Igor Stagljar. Systematic protein-protein interaction mapping for clinically-relevant human GPCRs. Molecular Systems Biology. 2017 Mar 15;13(3):918.
9. Morató X, Marc López, P. M. Canas, R. A. Cunha, Francisco Ciruela. Brain membrane fractionation: An ex vivo approach to assess sub-synaptic protein localization. Journal of Visualized Experiments. J Vis Exp, May 2017, 12 (123).
10. Paulo A. de Oliveira, James A.R. Dalton, Marc López-Cano, Adrià Ricarte, Morató X., Filipe C. Matheus, Andréia S. Cunha, Christa E. Müller, Reinaldo N. Takahashi, Víctor Fernández-Dueñas, Jesús Giraldo, Rui D. Prediger, Francisco Ciruela. Angiotensin II type 1/Adenosine A2A receptor oligomers: a novel target for tardive dyskinesia. Scientific reports. Sci Rep. 2017 May 12;7(1):1857.
11. Víctor Fernández-Dueñas, Jhonny Azuaje, Morató X., Begoña Cordobilla, Joan Carles Domingo, Eddy Sotelo, Francisco Ciruela. Synthesis and characterization of a new bivalent ligand based on the combination of caffeine and docosahexaenoic acid. Molecules. Feb 2017. 27;22(3).
12. Rial D, Morató X, Real JI, Gonçalves FQ, Stagljar I, Pereira FC, Fernández-Dueñas V, Cunha RA, Ciruela F. Parkinson's disease-associated GPR37 receptor regulates cocaine-mediated synaptic depression in corticostriatal synapses. Neurosci Lett. Jan 2017. 18;638:162-166. Page 6 of 7
13. Lopes JP1, Morató X1, Souza C, Pinhal C, Machado NJ, Canas PM, Silva HB, Stagljar I, Gandía J, Fernández-Dueñas V, Luján R, Cunha RA, Ciruela F. The role of parkinson's disease-associated receptor GPR37 in the hippocampus: functional interplay with the adenosinergic system. J Neurochem. 2015 Jul; 134(1):135-46.
14. Gandía J, Morató X, Stagljar I, Fernández-Dueñas V, Ciruela F. Adenosine A2A receptor-mediated control of pilocarpine-induced tremulous jaw movements is Parkinson's disease-associated GPR37 receptor-dependent. Behav Brain Res. 2015 Jul 15; 288:103-6.
15. García-Negredo G, Soto D, Llorente J, Morató X, Galenkamp KM, Gómez-Soler M, Fernández-Dueñas V, Watanabe M, Adelman JP, Shigemoto R, Fukazawa Y, Luján R, Ciruela F. Coassembly and coupling of SK2 channels and mGlu5 receptors. J Neurosci. 2014 Oct 29;34(44):14793-802.
16. Botta-Orfila T, Morató X, Compta Y, Lozano JJ, Falgàs N, Valldeoriola F, Pont-Sunyer C, Vilas D, Mengual L, Fernández M, Molinuevo JL, Antonell A, Martí MJ, Fernández-Santiago R, Ezquerra M. Identification of blood serum micro-RNAs associated with idiopathic and LRRK2 Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci Res. 2014 Aug;92(8):1071-7. doi: 10.1002/jnr.23377. Epub 2014 Mar 20.
17. Fernández-Dueñas V, Gómez-Soler M, Morató X, Núñez F, Das A, Kumar TS, Jaumà S, Jacobson KA, Ciruela F. Dopamine D(2) receptor-mediated modulation of adenosine A(2A) receptor agonist binding within the A(2A)R/D(2)R oligomer framework. Neurochem Int. 2013 Jul;63(1):42-6.
18. Gandía J, Fernández-Dueñas V, Morató X, Caltabiano G, González-Muñiz R, Pardo L, Stagljar I, Ciruela F. The Parkinson's disease-associated GPR37 receptor-mediated cytotoxicity is controlled by its intracellular cysteine-rich domain. J Neurochem. 2013.
Research Interest: Neurodegenerative Diseases, Animal Model, Zebrafish (Danio Rerio), Microglia, Neuro-Inflammation, Tauopathies, Models Of Human Diseases, Scientific Interests, Bevaviour, Physiopathology Of Tauopathy, Molecular And Cellular Neuroscience, Wnt/ß-Catenin Signalling, New Drugs, Translational Research.
Research Interest: Alzheimer ’S Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Ghrelin, Nurr1, Adult Neurogenesis, Cognitive Behavior, Connectome, Natural Compounds.
Published On: May 25, 2021 | Pages: 001 - 004Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 19, 2020 | Pages: 006 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 07, 2020 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 20, 2019 | Pages: 006 - 013Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 19, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: October 14, 2017 | Pages: 039 - 051Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 20, 2017 | Pages: 032 - 038Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 06, 2017 | Pages: 030 - 031Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 10, 2017 | Pages: 027 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 26, 2017 | Pages: 001 - 026Abstract View Full Article View
Thank you for your support and professional approach for submission and publication process of the manuscript.
I would like continue this association with the journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process seems smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I mostly like the submission and article in online after publication in this journal.
I wish to associate and contribute to the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Reduce costs of Publication Fees which could increase the growth of Journal. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to my colleagues for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission to publication cycle. I like most in your publication process is rapidity. The required information is easy to approach on the website.
I like to continue my association as an editor for this journal and provide my services. The editors and reviewer comments in this journal are considerable. The manuscript submission process in this journal is uncomplicated. I propose this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I endorse that I will suggest to others to submit their works for publication in this journal. I mostly like the response, I am getting rapidly from editors and reviewers in this journal. I satisfied with the time line of manuscript submission and publication process. I can go through the journal website and easily get the required information.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The editor and reviewer comments in the journal is fair as well as professional. I appreciate the rapid peer review process in the journal. Manuscript submission process is smooth and easy. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in reputed indexing platform. I recommend my friends to submit their research works in this journal for publication. The time line of submission and publication of manuscript is good. I can easily find the required information in the journal webpage.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable research work. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily available on the website.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from editors and reviewers are acceptable. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in different platforms. The timeline between submission and publication is satisfactory. I like the rapid and fair publication process in this journal. I can get the required information in the journal website easily.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and meaningful. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is Quality, and Timely publication. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to associate with the journal and confer my services. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommended this journal to others for publication of their research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is rapidity. The required information is easily available on the website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quick reply and short time process. The required information is easily available on the website.
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Former member of MGH, USA
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
University of Pisa, Italy
Annals of Psychiatry and Treatment
Istituto per lo studio delle psicoterapie (ISP), Italy
Open Journal of Trauma
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Open Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology