Research Interest: Intrinsically Disordered Proteins, Protein Folding, Protein Biophysics, Protein-Protein Interaction, Proteins, Protein Conformation, Protein Aggregation, Protein Stability, Protein Misfolding, Protein Dynamics, Protein Biochemistry, Protein Characterization, Structural Bioinformatics And Structural Biology, Aggregation, Protein Engineering, Computational Structural Biology, Prion Diseases, Structural Bioinformatics.
Research Interest: Dementia, Drug Development, Nerve Agents, Treatment, Drug Design, Biomedicine.
Research Interest: NEUROLOGİC REHABİLİTASYON, Stroke Rehabilitasyon, Parkinson’s Disease and Rehabilitation, Post Operatif Neck and Back Pain and Rehabilitation, Choronic Musculo Skeletal Pain and Rehabilitation.
Research Interest: Call Neurology Section, Parkinson’s Disease, Non-Motor Symptoms Of Parkinson's Disease.
Research Interest: Parkinson's Disease; Neurodegenerative Disease; Clinical Phenotype; Genetics; Epigenetics; Pathogenesis.
Research Interest: Parkinson's disease; Movement Disorders; Genetic study; Animal model; Drosophila.
Research Interest: Neurodegenerative Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Stem Cell And Cognition.
Research Interest: Alzheimer ’S Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Ghrelin, Nurr1, Adult Neurogenesis, Cognitive Behavior, Connectome, Natural Compounds.
Reseach Interest: Clinical and Experimental Neuropathology, Normal And Pathologic, Brain Aging, Bio-Brain Banking, Clinico-Pathologic Correlations, Animal And Cellular Models, Neuroproteomics, Neurogenomics, Quantitative Neuropathology, Neurostereology, Drug Discovery.
Research Interest: Neuropsychology,Neuropsychological Assessment, Cognitive,Memory, Executive Function.
Research Interest: Neurodegenerative Diseases, Animal Model, Zebrafish (Danio Rerio), Microglia, Neuro-Inflammation, Tauopathies, Models Of Human Diseases, Scientific Interests, Bevaviour, Physiopathology Of Tauopathy, Molecular And Cellular Neuroscience, Wnt/ß-Catenin Signalling, New Drugs, Translational Research.
After some years of academic formation (I studied Pharmacy and a Master degree on Neuroscience from the University of Barcelona obtained in 2012) I was lucky to join the Neuropharmacology and Pain research lab in September 2012, where I started the Ph.D. training with a FPI Grant (Formación de Personal Investigador) from the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, under the supervision of Dr. Francisco Ciruela and Dr. Víctor Fernández-Dueñas.
During this period my work was focused on deciphering the role of the Parkinson related GPR37, also known as PAEL receptor in the Central Nervous System, and looking for specific ligands for this orphan receptor. As GPR37 was an orphan receptor (which means that does not exist any ligand described that binds specifically to this receptor) we had to start building the house from the base. We produced recombinant proteins, specific antibodies and all the tools required to study this interesting and mysterious receptor implicated in the Parkinson’s neuropathological hallmarks. We also studied the interaction of this receptor with adenosine, dopamine and glutamate in different brain regions of interest such as striatum to find new potential treatments for Parkinson’s disease, and finally we focused on studying the potential use of the GPR37 as a biomarker in Parkinson’s disease (using both CSF and serum). We generated a homemade ELISA assay to detect GPR37 peptides in body fluids.
As a result from all this work, I have participated in very different research projects, published more than 18 papers in peer-reviewed international journals and defend my work on international congress. Since 2018, I’ve been also collaborating with Laboratorios Dr. Esteve designing a new biosensor to facilitate Sigma1 receptor ligands screenings, a receptor implicated in different diseases, such as cocaine addiction, amnesia, pain, depression or Alzheimer’s disease.
Research Interest: At this moment my research is focused in desciphering the role of different GPCRs in neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Multiple Sclerosis.
Grants: FPI grant, Eurolife Postdoctoral Mobility and Knowledge exchange
List of Publications:
1. Morató X; Rodrigo Antunes Cunha; Francisco Ciruela. GPR37 emerges as an important modulator of adenosinergic transmission in the striatum. Neural Regeneration Research. 2019.
2. Morató X; Francisco Q Gonçalves; Joao Pedro Lopes; Olga Jauregui; Concepció Soler; Victor Fernández-Dueñas; Rodrigo Antunes Cunha; Francisco Ciruela. Chronic adenosine A2A receptor blockade induces locomotor sensitization and potentiates striatal LTD in GPR37 deficient mice. J Neurochem. 2019 Mar;148(6):796-809. doi: 10.1111/jnc.14653. Epub 2019 Jan 28.
3. Luján R, Aguado C, Ciruela F, Arus XM, Martín-Belmonte A, Alfaro-Ruiz R, Martínez-Gómez J, de la Ossa L, Watanabe M, Adelman JP, Shigemoto R, Fukazawa Y. SK2 Channels Associate With mGlu1α Receptors and CaV2.1 Channels in Purkinje Cells. Front Cell Neurosci. 2018 Sep 19;12:311. doi: 10.3389/fncel.2018.00311. eCollection 2018.
4. Gómez-Soler M, Cordobilla B, Morató X, Fernández-Dueñas V, Domingo JC, Ciruela F. Triglyceride Form of Docosahexaenoic Acid Mediates Neuroprotection in Experimental Parkinsonism. Front Neurosci. 2018 Aug 28;12:604. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2018.00604. eCollection 2018.
5. Morató X, Luján R, Gonçalves N, Watanabe M, Altafaj X, Carvalho AL, Fernández-Dueñas V, Cunha RA, Ciruela F. Metabotropic glutamate type 5 receptor requires contactin-associated protein 1 to control memory formation. Hum Mol Genet. 2018 Oct 15;27(20):3528-3541. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddy264.
6. Eduard Tolosa; Teresa Botta-Orfila; Morató X; Calatayud C; Ferrer-Lorente R; Martí MJ; Fernández M; Gaig C; Raya Á; Consiglio A; Mario Ezquerra; Rubén Fernández Santiago. MicroRNA alterations in iPSC-derived dopaminergic neurons from Parkinson disease patients. Neurobiology of Aging. 5 - 32, pp. 283 - 291. Peter R. Rapp, 20/09/2018. ISSN 0197-4580.
7. Morató X, Luján R, López-Cano M, Gandía J, Stagljar I, Watanabe M, Cunha RA, Fernández-Dueñas V, Ciruela F. The Parkinson's disease-associated GPR37 receptor interacts with striatal adenosine A2A receptor controlling its cell surface expression and function in vivo. Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 25; 7(1):9452.
8. Kate Sokolina1#, Saranya Kittanakom1#, Jamie Snider, Max Kotlyar, Pascal Maurice, Jorge Gandía, Abla Benleulmi-Chaachoua, Kenjiro Tadagak, Victoria Wong, Ramy H. Malty, Viktor Deineko, Hiroyuki Aoki, Shahreen Amin, Laura Riley, Zhong Yao, Morató X, Sara Rahmati, Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Javier Menendez, Daniel Auerbach, Stephane Angers, Natasa Pržulj, Michel Bouvier, Mohan Babu, Francisco Ciruela, Ralf Jockers, Igor Jurisica, and Igor Stagljar. Systematic protein-protein interaction mapping for clinically-relevant human GPCRs. Molecular Systems Biology. 2017 Mar 15;13(3):918.
9. Morató X, Marc López, P. M. Canas, R. A. Cunha, Francisco Ciruela. Brain membrane fractionation: An ex vivo approach to assess sub-synaptic protein localization. Journal of Visualized Experiments. J Vis Exp, May 2017, 12 (123).
10. Paulo A. de Oliveira, James A.R. Dalton, Marc López-Cano, Adrià Ricarte, Morató X., Filipe C. Matheus, Andréia S. Cunha, Christa E. Müller, Reinaldo N. Takahashi, Víctor Fernández-Dueñas, Jesús Giraldo, Rui D. Prediger, Francisco Ciruela. Angiotensin II type 1/Adenosine A2A receptor oligomers: a novel target for tardive dyskinesia. Scientific reports. Sci Rep. 2017 May 12;7(1):1857.
11. Víctor Fernández-Dueñas, Jhonny Azuaje, Morató X., Begoña Cordobilla, Joan Carles Domingo, Eddy Sotelo, Francisco Ciruela. Synthesis and characterization of a new bivalent ligand based on the combination of caffeine and docosahexaenoic acid. Molecules. Feb 2017. 27;22(3).
12. Rial D, Morató X, Real JI, Gonçalves FQ, Stagljar I, Pereira FC, Fernández-Dueñas V, Cunha RA, Ciruela F. Parkinson's disease-associated GPR37 receptor regulates cocaine-mediated synaptic depression in corticostriatal synapses. Neurosci Lett. Jan 2017. 18;638:162-166. Page 6 of 7
13. Lopes JP1, Morató X1, Souza C, Pinhal C, Machado NJ, Canas PM, Silva HB, Stagljar I, Gandía J, Fernández-Dueñas V, Luján R, Cunha RA, Ciruela F. The role of parkinson's disease-associated receptor GPR37 in the hippocampus: functional interplay with the adenosinergic system. J Neurochem. 2015 Jul; 134(1):135-46.
14. Gandía J, Morató X, Stagljar I, Fernández-Dueñas V, Ciruela F. Adenosine A2A receptor-mediated control of pilocarpine-induced tremulous jaw movements is Parkinson's disease-associated GPR37 receptor-dependent. Behav Brain Res. 2015 Jul 15; 288:103-6.
15. García-Negredo G, Soto D, Llorente J, Morató X, Galenkamp KM, Gómez-Soler M, Fernández-Dueñas V, Watanabe M, Adelman JP, Shigemoto R, Fukazawa Y, Luján R, Ciruela F. Coassembly and coupling of SK2 channels and mGlu5 receptors. J Neurosci. 2014 Oct 29;34(44):14793-802.
16. Botta-Orfila T, Morató X, Compta Y, Lozano JJ, Falgàs N, Valldeoriola F, Pont-Sunyer C, Vilas D, Mengual L, Fernández M, Molinuevo JL, Antonell A, Martí MJ, Fernández-Santiago R, Ezquerra M. Identification of blood serum micro-RNAs associated with idiopathic and LRRK2 Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci Res. 2014 Aug;92(8):1071-7. doi: 10.1002/jnr.23377. Epub 2014 Mar 20.
17. Fernández-Dueñas V, Gómez-Soler M, Morató X, Núñez F, Das A, Kumar TS, Jaumà S, Jacobson KA, Ciruela F. Dopamine D(2) receptor-mediated modulation of adenosine A(2A) receptor agonist binding within the A(2A)R/D(2)R oligomer framework. Neurochem Int. 2013 Jul;63(1):42-6.
18. Gandía J, Fernández-Dueñas V, Morató X, Caltabiano G, González-Muñiz R, Pardo L, Stagljar I, Ciruela F. The Parkinson's disease-associated GPR37 receptor-mediated cytotoxicity is controlled by its intracellular cysteine-rich domain. J Neurochem. 2013.
Research Interest: Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Drug-drug interaction, Transporter, Excretion, P-gp
Research Interest: Alzheimer’s Disease, Lipo Protein A (Lpa) In Stroke Patients Among Local Population.
Published On: October 04, 2022 | Pages: 001 - 003Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: October 29, 2021 | Pages: 005 - 009Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 25, 2021 | Pages: 001 - 004Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 19, 2020 | Pages: 006 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 07, 2020 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 20, 2019 | Pages: 006 - 013Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 19, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: October 14, 2017 | Pages: 039 - 051Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 20, 2017 | Pages: 032 - 038Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 06, 2017 | Pages: 030 - 031Abstract View Full Article View
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Selection of reviewers regarding the ability to analyse data according to their Research interest that can be helpful for the growth of the journal. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I like mostly like the Reviewer Evaluation form in the Peer Review process of this journal. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
About my experience in publishing
with Peertechz Publications...
Good communication, Quick responses,
Friendly stuff, Low fees, nice platform for articles
I recommend them for all
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable research work. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily available on the website.
I like to continue my association with this journal and give my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and meaningful. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal to get reputed indexing platform. I strongly suggest my colleagues to submit their valuable works in this journal. I am satisfied with manuscript submission and publication timeline process. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I wish to associate with the journal as editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I suggest to lower the cost for publication of the manuscript. Manuscript submission process is rapid.I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. Publication process is good. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to associate with the journal as editor and confer my services. Look for more Editors and Reviewers in Europe and USA. It is necessary for the journal to get indexed in Pubmed. The required information is easily available on the website.
The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I will definetely recomend this journal for getting major indexing platforms. I suggest my staff and friends who were experts in this journal to submit their works. The process between submission and publication timeline in this journal are satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal.
The required information is easily available on the journal webpage.
I wish to continue as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The editors and reviewers comments are fair and satisfactory. The journal should get indexed in major databases line Scopus and Web of Science. The manuscript submission process is easy as well as user friendly. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in your journal. I am satisfied with the time of submission and publication process. I mostly like the rapid peer review process in the journal and that to professional. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
I like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and acceptable. Manuscript submission process in this journal are user free. I strongly recommend my batch mates and co-scientists to submit their valuable works in this journal for publication. I can easily find the required information on the website.
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
William CS Cho
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Vingolo Enzo Maria
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Journal of Clinical Research and Ophthalmology
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry