Research Interest: Perinatology, Neonatology, Perinatal Respiratory Medicine, Neonatal Pharmacology, Metabolomics in Neonatology and Pediatrics.
Research Interest: Emergency Medicine.
As the Division Head I oversee a group of physicians, APNs, Residents, Fellows, and Office staff at the Cooper Pain Management Center. I started an ACGME-accredited Multidisciplinary Pain Medicine Fellowship Program here at Cooper where Residents can receive the proper training to become a Board Certified Pain Medicine Physician. This ACGME Accreditation ensues that we treat all types of pain and perform all of the state of the art interventional pain management procedures offered in modern medicine.
Research Interest: Chronic Pain
Grants: Grant Support:
Pain Medicine Multidisciplinary Fellowship Medtronic’s Grant 7/2015
Pain Medicine Multidisciplinary Fellowship Medtronic’s Grant 7/2016
HRSA Supplement Grant on Opioid Training / Opioid & Substance Use Curriculum
Consuelo Cagande MD, Kate Baston MD, Michael Sabia MD, Karim Sedky MD 7/2017
Pain Medicine Multidisciplinary Fellowship Medtronic’s Grant 7/2017
CMSRU-Coriell-Cooper Pharmacogenomics Grant Co-PI Michael Sabia MD, Kaitlyn Baston MD 4/2018
$3,000,000.00 Annually 3 year duration
List of Publications:
1. Goldberg, M.E, Schwartzman, R.J Domsky, R, Sabia, M, Torjman, M. Deep Cervical Plexus Block For The Treatment of Cervicogenic Headache. J Pain Physician, Nov/Dec 2008; 11:849-854 ISSN 1533-3159
2. Sabia M, Hirsh, RA, Wainer, IW, Cooper N, Domsky R, Goldberg ME. Advances in Translational Neuropathic Research: Example of Enantioselective Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Modeling of Ketamine-induced Pain Relief in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2011; 15:207-214.
3. Hoang HT, Sabia M, Torjman M & Goldberg ME. The importance of medical education in the changing field of pain medicine. Pain Manag. 2014; 4(6), 437–443
4. Bentley WE, Sabia M, Goldberg ME, Wainer IW. Ketamine: An Update for Its Use in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Major Depressive Disorder. Clin Exp Pharmacol 2015;5: 169.
5. Sabia M, Mathur R, Liadis J, Gerges T, Goldberg ME: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Ketamine’s Pharmacological Effects and Modern Treatment Applications. Internal Medicine Review 2016; 2: 10
6. Sabia M, Weaver M, Gessman R, Kalariya J: Update on the Importance of Medical Education in the Changing Field of Pain Medicine. Journal of Anesthesia and Patient Care 2017; 2:1. ISSN:2456-5490
7. Pradhan B, Wainer I, Moaddel R, Torjman M, Goldberg M, Sabia M, Parikh T, Pumariega A: Trauma Interventions using Mindfulness Based Extinction and Reconsolidation (TIMBER) psychotherapy prolong the therapeutic effects of single ketamine infusion on post-traumatic stress disorder and co-morbid depression: a pilot randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover clinical trial. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Trials 2017; 2:2.
8. Sabia M, Kudur V, Reddy A: Ketamine: Variable Uses in Medicine. Austin Journal of Anesthesia and Analgesia 2017; 5:1 ISSN: 2381-893X
9. Sabia M, Ganguly K, Gessman R, Kalariya J, Mathur R: Can diet alone control inflammation? A comprehensive narrative review of dietary foods and supplements and their effects on inflammation and pain. Journal of Public Health Catalog 2018 Volume 1 Issue 3
10. Shah, N, Sabia, M, Mathur, R, Goldberg, M.E, Wainer, I, Torjman, M: The Multifaceted Role of IV Ketamine Infusions to Control Depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome, and Headaches. Internal Medicine Review. 2020 Volume 6 Issue 3. Online ISSN: 2470-3532 Print ISSN: 2470-3524 PubMed ID: 101691967
11. Patel, P., Sabia, M, Patheja, J, Kapoor, R, Mathias, T, Murtaza, T: Acupuncture and Its Effects on Chronic Pain. The Cooper Rowan Medical Journal. 2020 Volume 2 Issue 1 Article 7. Online ISSN: 2578-3335 (Print) 2578-3343 (Online). DOI: 10.31986/issn.2578-3343_vol2iss1.7
12. Heil, J, Zajc, S, Albertson, E, Brangan, A, Jones, I, Roberts, W, Sabia, M, Bodofsky, E, Resch, A, Rafeq, R, Haroz, R, Bruono, R, Ferraro, T, Scheinfeldt, L, Salzman, M, Baston, K, The Genomics of Opioid Addiction Longitudinal Study (GOALS): study design for a prospective evaluation of genetic and non-genetic factors for development of and recovery from opioid use disorder. BMC Medical Genomics 14, Article number: 16 (2021)
13. Ahmad, S, Sabia, M, Use of Stellate Ganglion Local Anesthetic Blockade for Treatment of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type II of the Upper Extremity: A Case Report of One Patient’s Experience After a Traumatic Hand Injury. Austin Journal of Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2021; 9(1): 1094. ISSN 2381-893X
14. Smith, D, Patel, R, Hunter, K, Sabia, M, Ganguly, K, Sehdev, J, Lipetskai, L, Assessing the Efficacy of Superior Hypogastric Nerve Block as a Possible Treatment Option for Bladder Pain. Austin Pain and Relief Austin Publishing Group. 2021; 3(1): https://doi.org/10.26420/austinpainrelief.2021.1008
Biography: Dr. Eduardo Januzzi has a PhD on Evidence-based Health and a Master’s degree on TMJ and Orofacial Pain (Paulista Medical School - UNIFESP (SP-Brazil). He is certificated as a specialist in: TMJ and Orofacial Pain (CFO – Brazil); Dental Prosthesis and Periodontics (APCD – Bauru – SP – Brazil); and Evidence-based Health (Sirio Libanês Hospital – SP – Brazil). He has also done an Extension Course in Orofacial Pain, TMJ and Occlusion (UMD- New Jersey – USA) . He is currently the Coordinator of the Post-graduation courses in Orofacial Pain/Temporomandibular disorders and Implantology at Ciodonto Faculty (Belo Horizonte – MG - Brazil). He is a scientific advisor of Signo Vinces (Dental Implant Systems – Brazil and Europe) and a member of the following committees: ITI; IASP (International Academy for Study of Pain); and Committee of Orofacial Pain of the Brazilian Cephalea Society, Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Clinical Anesthesiology and Editorial Board Member of Journal of Anesthesia & Perioperative Management, Editorial Board Member of Journal of SciTz Dentistry: Research & Therapy Management.He has translated to Portuguese, and revised the book ““Clinical Management of TMD and OFP” by Richard A. Pertes and Sheldon G. Gross and has published scientific papers in either national or international scientific journals. Dr. Januzzi is also a Lecturer, in Brazil and abroad.
Biography: Dr. Sayed K. Ali currently serves as faculty in internal medicine and palliative care at the Orlando Veteran’s Medical Center, Florida. He is an associate professor at the University of Central Florida, School of Medicine and the site director for the internal medicine residency program at the Orlando VA. Dr. Ali is also a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Dr. Ali is currently in the US Army Reserves. During his active duty time, he served in Iraq as a Battalion Surgeon in 2007-2008 and the Chief of Medicine at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2013. He has a highly decorated military veteran and some his awards include a Bronze Star and a Combat Medical Badge. In addition to teaching the internal medicine house-staff and working on various peer reviewed publications, he has a special interest in arts in medicine.
Research Interest: Palliative care, pain management, technology, mHealth, eHealth, user involvement, health economics
Dr. Nguyen is Board Certified in Anesthesiology with Fellowship training in Interventional Pain Management and Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Nguyen completed his medical school at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock, Texas (USA), and then completed his Emergency Medicine residency at The University of Texas at Houston Health Science Center. He gained extensive training and benefited from practicing in both private and academic hospitals.
Dr. Nguyen served as an Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and at The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. He pursued further training with a second residency in Anesthesiology at The University of Texas Medical Branch and expanded his skills set with an Interventional Pain Management fellowship at Texas A&M Health Sciences Center (Scott & White Hospital) in Temple, Texas. He currently is an Assistant Professor of Pain Management (Department of Anesthesiology) at Texas A&M Health Sciences Center.
|Chronic pain, acute pain, trauma, interventional pain management, spinal cord stimulation, pain pumps, neuropathic pain, somatic pain, nerve blocks|
• Dr. Borja Mugabure Bujedo was born on October 5th, 1965, in the city of San Sebastian, Spain. He was graduated in Medicine at University from Basque Country (UPV-EHU) Leioa/Bilbao, Spain 1991. He got married at San Sebastian, on October 21th, 1995. He got the academic degree in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at Donostia University Hospital, San Sebastian, Spain, 1997. His actual work is placed at Donostia University Hospital into the Anesthesiology, Clinical Care & Pain Medicine Service. He became the leader doctor from the Acute Pain Unit in 2006 and a member of the Chronic Pain Group since 2010.
Research Interest: Pain medicine, Opioid analgesics, Multimodal Postoperative analgesia, Chonic pain management.
Published On: August 17, 2022 | Pages: 007 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 04, 2022 | Pages: 001 - 006Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 26, 2021 | Pages: 020 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 07, 2021 | Pages: 012 - 019Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 03, 2021 | Pages: 008 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 31, 2021 | Pages: 001 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2020 | Pages: 038 - 043Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 27, 2020 | Pages: 034 - 037Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 14, 2020 | Pages: 024 - 033Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 28, 2020 | Pages: 018 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. Comments from editors as well as reviewers are fair and Professional. The process of manuscript submission process is user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting major indexing databases. I definitely recommend some of my colleagues for manuscript submission for publication in this journal. Time line of manuscript submission and publication is acceptable. The journal should choose high quality of research articles for quick journal growth. I can easily find the information on the journal website.
I wish to continue as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The editors and reviewers comments are fair and satisfactory. I think let the editors take part in the handling of manuscripts. Manuscript submission process is easy as well as user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting reputed indexing services. I will intimate my co- researchers to submit their future works in this journal for publication. The manuscript submission and publication time line is more accurate. I mostly like the repaid peer review process in the journal. I can easily find the required information, if needed.
The manuscript submission process is easy and user friendly. I strongly recommend my batch mates and co-scientists to submit their valuable works in this journal for publication. I think the journal should get impact factor for getting indexing. I am satisfied with the manuscript submission and publication time line. I like the peer review process which was very rapid fast in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the website."
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. Comments from editors as well as reviewers are fair and Professional. The process of manuscript submission process is user friendly. I definitely recommend some of my colleagues for manuscript submission for publication in this journal. Time line process of manuscript submission and publication is acceptable.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable research work. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily available on the website.
Thank you for your support and professional approach for submission and publication process of the manuscript.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are meaning full. It will be nice that journal can get indexed on Pubmed central. Manuscript submission process is simple and user friendly. The journal should be indexed with Science citation index (Thomson-Reuters)
I strongly recommend my colleagues to submit their future works in this journal for publication. I easily can get the required information on the website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Start monthly issue with ten articles in it which would be helpful for the growth of the Journal. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publishing their valuable and interesting research work.I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in our publication process is Fast review. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their research works. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wiish to continue my association with this journal. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are genuine. The journal will be great, if it can get annual citation report. The manuscript submission process is smooth and cool. I definitely recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend my staff who were related to this journal scope to submit their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission and publication process with this journal. I like the speedy publishing process in this journal. I easily find the required information on website.
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
University of Parma, Italy
International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics