University of Athens, Greece
Research Interest: Drug absorption, metabolism, and pharmacokinetics, Bioanalysis of small and large molecules, Medicinal chemistry,Quality control of herbal medicines or dietary supplements
Research Interest: Ion selective electrodes
techniques,Voltammetric techniques,Spectrophotometric techniques,Chemometric
techniques for simultaneous determination of mixtures.
Research Interest: Stability studies of new drug
substances and new drug products including nanomedicine; Quality assurance;
Analytical and bioanalytical method validation; Physicochemical charaterization
of new drug substances and new drug products including nanomedicine.
Research Interest: "Luminescent probes; Computational structural biology; Structure-based drug design; Inorganic medicine "
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry.
Research Interest: Controlled Drug Delivery
systems; Drug Targeting; Mini-tablets; Helicobacter pylori; Polymers;
Gastroretentive dosage forms; Osmotic drug delivery systems; Centrally acting
drug; Anti-infectives; Natural products; Nanoscience; Self-emulsifying drug
delivery systems; Tablets; Nanoemulsion.
Research Interest: Bioactive compounds and
Research Interest: New approaches for the
anticancer therapies, enzyme inhibitors as a new drugs, including new
antibacterial drugs, inhibitors of proteolytic enzymes as a new drug
Research Interest: Bioassay guided isolation of
active constituents - Phytochemistry and Analytical, Pharmacognosy; Anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive,
anti-rheumatic activities of folk remedies and synthesized compounds; Wound
healing assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites;
Isolation of the natural compounds from the medicinal plants used against, gynecological
disorders; Anti-carcinogenic assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary
Research Interest: Mechanism of action of
anticancer platinum/ruthenium drugs in cancer chemotherapy; Targeting BRCA1 DNA
repair pathway by platinum/ruthenium drugs in estrogen receptor-positive,
estrogen receptor-negative, and BRCA1-associated breast cancers; Mutation
screening of breast cancer suppressor gene BRCA1; Functional and structural
studies of breast cancer suppressor protein BRCA1; High-throughput genotyping
by DHPLC of the dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase gene
Research Interest: Natural Products Chemistry,
Polymer Chemistry,Environment & Health,Medicinal Chemistry.
Research Interest: Marine natural products (MNPs),
in particular the synthesis and structural modification of bioactive MNPs.
Christoforos G. Kokotos is an Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry at the Department of Chemistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece, with undergraduate studies at the University of Athens, PhD studies at the University of Bristol, UK (Prof. Varinder Aggarwal) and post-doctoral studies at Princeton University, USA (Prof. David W. C. MacMillan). His research interests focus on the development of novel asymmetric organocatalytic methodologies, green and sustainable organocatalytic oxidations, Photocatalysis, their application in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals, compounds of biological importance and natural products and the study of the mechanisms of organic transformations employing modern techniques, like HRMS. He is co-author of 71 peer-reviewed papers, 4 book chapters, 2 patents, >40 presentations in conferences. He is the recipient of prestigious awards, like the Hildergard-Zervas Award, Academy of Athens (2016 and 2018), JSP fellowship for the Burgenstock Conference (2016), Young Investigators Workshop (3 times representing Greece, 2014, 2017 and 2018) and ACS Young Academic Investigators Award (2014, representing Europe).
Research Interest: Organic Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Green Chemistry
Grants: (1) Research Funding Scheme Post-doc, “PEPCAT-Novel Organocatalysts Based on Peptides and Amino Acids and their Application in Asymmetric Organic Transformations”, General Secretariat for Research and Development (2012-2015, 150.000 €).
(2) Organocatalysis – ORCA, Cost Action CM0905 funded by the intergovernmental framework for European Cooperation in Science and technology (2011-2014), Management Committee Substitute and co-Organizer of the third ORCA meeting in Athens, 2012. Action Chair: Prof. P. Pihko, University of Jyvskyl, Finland.
(3) Research Proposal Funding Scheme, John Latsis Foundation “PhotoOrganocatalysis: Development of new environmentally-friendly methods for the synthesis of compounds for the pharmaceutical and chemical industry” (2015, 12.000€).
(4) C-H Activation in Organic Synthesis – CHAOS, Cost Action CM15106 funded by the intergovernmental framework for European Cooperation in Science and technology (2016-2020), Management Committee Substitute. Action Chair: Prof. M. Schnurch, Technical University of Vienna, Austria.
(5) Fellowship for PhD programme, Ms Errika Voutyritsa, State Scholarships Foundation (IKY), 2016.
(6) Fellowship for PhD programme, Ms Ierasia Triandafillidi, Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (ELIDEK), 2017.
(7) Fellowship for PhD programme, Mr Nikolaos Nikitas, State Scholarships Foundation, 2018.
(8) European Network on Pseudomyxoma Peritonei – PMP, Cost Action CA17101 funded by the intergovernmental framework for European Cooperation in Science and technology (2019-2023), Management Committee Member. Action Chair: Prof. Kjersti Flatmark, Oslo University Hospital, Norway.
(9) Chemobrionics, Cost Action CA17120 funded by the intergovernmental framework for European Cooperation in Science and technology (2019-2023), Management Committee Member. Action Chair: Prof. Julyan Cartwright, CSIC Granada, Spain.
(10) Fellowship for PhD programme, Ms Nikoleta Spiliopoulou, Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (ELIDEK), 2019.
(11) Research Funding Scheme Teams of Young Investigators, “Green and Sustainable Organocatalysis: Novel Epoxidation reactions and their application in Chemical Industry”, General Secretariat for Research and Development (2019-2021, 50.000 €).