University of Athens, Greece
Research Interest: Heterocyclic chemistry dealing
with Pyrazole, 1,2,4-Triazine.
Research Interest: Adenosine receptor antagonists, Medicinal
and organic chemistry of N-heterocycles. Microwave irradiation in heterocyclic
Research Interest: Allelopathy and allelopathic
substances of medicinal plants, Biological activity of natural products,
Herbicides development from natural products, Organic farming and Precision
Gaziosmanpasa University, Turkey Plant Research Lab of Chemistry, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2011-2016 PhD (Research Assis-tant) Gaziosmanpasa University Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2008- 2011 Master (Research Assis-tant) Gaziosmanpasa University Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2003-2007 Under graduate Cumhuriyet Univer-sity Biology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Research Interest: Algae cultivation, Plant biotechnology, Secondary metabolite production
1. Bioprocessingof microalgae for production and recovery of high-value metabolites;", Texas A&M University, 23.08.2015 -29.11.2015
2. Activity Controlled Isolation of Isolated Secondary Metabolites from Cladophora fracta (Tubitak 2017-2018).
3. Investigation of Pharmacological Secondary Metabolites in Some Cyanobacteria Members and Investigation of the Effects of Various Stress Conditions on the Production of these Metabolites (2016- 2018 Bap Turkey).
List of Publications:
1. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler Zekeriya Altuner, Mahfuz Elmastas. Molecular Identification and Norharmane Quantification of Cyanobacterium, Geitlerinema carotinosum. International Journal of Pharmacy& Pharmaceutical Research.June 2017, Vol.:9, Issue:3, 67-73.
2. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler. Screening of Norharmane from Seven Cyanobacteria by High performance Liquid Chromatography. Pharmacogn. Mag. 11.10.2017, Vol: 13, Issue: 51, 723-725.
3.Tunay Karan, Zekeriya Altuner, Ramazan Erenler. Growth and Metabolite Production of Chroococcus minutus Under Different Temperature and Light Conditions. Journal of New Results in Science, 6:1 47-52, 2017.
4. Tunay KARAN, Taner DAŞTAN, İnanç BARAL, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Effects of Differential Time Applications on Some Cyanobacterial Norharman Production Rates. Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi Fen Fakültesi Fen Bilimleri Dergisi (CFD), Cilt 37, No. 4 (2016) ISSN: 1300-1949.
5. Tunay KARAN, Ramazan ERENLER, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Isolation and Molecular Identification of Some Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria) from Freshwater Sites in Tokat Province of Turkey. Turkish Journal of Agriculture - Food Science and Technology, 5(11): 1371-1378, 2017
6.Tunay KARAN, Saban Tekin, Ahmet Bursalı, Adem Keskin. Investigation of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus (TBEV) in Ixodid Ticks Collected from Central Black Sea Region in Turkey. Journal of New Results in Science 4 (2014) 30-35
7.Sevgi Durna Dastan, Naci Degerli, Taner Dastan, Fazilet Yildiz, Yavuz Yildir, Yusuf Muhammed Durna, Dilek Atessahin and Tunay Karan. Phenylthiocarbamide taste perception as a possible genetic association marker for nutritional habits and obesity tendency of people. Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.28, No.3(Suppl), May 2015, pp.1141-1150.
8. Sevgi Durna Daştan, Taner Daştan, Serap Çetinkaya, Dilek Ateşşahin, Tünay Karan. Evaluation of In Vitro Anticancer Effect of Plantago major L. and Plantago lanceolata L. Leaf Extracts from Sivas. Cumhuriyet Üniv. Sağ. Bil. Enst. Derg. 2016 (1)1: 07-14
9. Tunay KARAN, İlyas Yıldız, Ali Aydın, ,Ramazn Erenler Inhibition of Various Cancer Cells Proliferation of Bornyl Acetate and Essential Oil from Inula graveolens (Linnaeus) Desf. Rec. Nat. Prod. 12:3 (2018) 273-283
10. Ramazan Erenler, Tuğba Adak, Tunay KARAN, Mahfuz Elmastaş,İlyas Yıldız, Hüseyin Akşit,Gülaçtı Topcu,Murat Aydın Sanda. CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS ISOLATED FROM ORİGANUM SOLYMICUM WITH ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITITES. The Eurasia Proceedings of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (EPSTEM) 2017,Volume 1, Pages 139-145
11. Tünay KARAN, Mesut KOYUNCU, İskender PARMAKSIZ, Köksal PABUÇCU, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Siyanotoksinler ve Biyosentezlerinden Sorumlu Genlerin Düzenlenmesi. Gaziosmanpaşa Fen Bilimeri Enstitüsü Bilimsel Araştırma Dergisi 11 (2015) 54-69 .
12. KARAN TÜNAY,TEKIN SABAN, BURSALI AHMET.‘Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus in Ixodid Ticks in Tokat Province of Turkey. Abstracts / Journal of Biotechnology 161S (2012) 19–48.
13. Tunay KARAN, Saban Tekin, Adem Keskin, Ahmet Bursalı. Testing The Presence of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus in Ixodid Ticks (Acari: Ixodidae) From Tokat and Ordu Vicinity. In vivo International Journal of Experimental and Clinical Pathophysiology and Drug Research. 25:3 467-576 (2011).
14. Tunay KARAN, Omer KAYIR, Zekeriya ALTUNER, Ramazan ERENLER.Growth and norharmane production of Chroococcus minutus under various stress conditions.2018, 1, 10-15.
15.Tunay KARAN. Metabolic profile and biological activities of Lavandula stoechas L. Cellular and Molecular Biology E-ISSN : 1165-158X / P-ISSN : 0145-5680.
16. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler. Fatty acid constituents and anticancer activity of Cladophora fracta (OF Müller ex Vahl) Kützing. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research October 2018; 17 (10): 1977-1982.
17. Tunay Karan, Ali Aydin. Anticancer potential and cytotoxic effect of some freshwater cyanobacteria. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research November 2018; 17 (11): 2183-2188.
18.Evanthia Mantzouki, Tunay KARAN and et. al. Temperature Effects Explain Continental Scale Distribution of Cyanobacterial Toxins. Toxins 2018, 10, 156.
19.Evanthia Mantzouki, Tunay KARAN and et. al. A European Multi Lake Survey dataset of
environmental variables, phytoplankton pigments and cyanotoxins. Scıentıfıc Data 5:180226 DOI: 10.1038/sdata.2018.226.
20. Tunay Karan and Bilge Hilal Cadirci. Evaluatıon of antımıcrobıal and antıoxıdant actıvıty of lepıdıum draba l. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 7, Issue 13, 2018.
Research Interest: Drug Delivery; Pharmaceutics;
Nanoparticles; Transdermal; microemulsions; vesicles; modelling; docking.
Research Interest: "Targeted drug delivery; Chemical functionalization of nanoparticles; Chemical composition-biological behavior relationship of nanoparticles; Biomaterials for immunotherapy; Nanomedicine; Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology; Nanovaccines; Immunotoxicity of nanoparticles; Surface biofunctionalization of the nanoparticles with antibodies and peptides; Cell-nanoparticle interactions
Research Interest: New approaches for the
anticancer therapies, enzyme inhibitors as a new drugs, including new
antibacterial drugs, inhibitors of proteolytic enzymes as a new drug
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry and Drug
Design; Organic Synthesis; Bioorganic Chemistry; Biological evaluation of
therapeutically-efficient organic compounds, including pharmacodynamics and
pharmacokinetics; Molecular modeling and chemoinformatics; Molecular Imaging;
Structure elucidation using different spectroscopic techniques (such as MS, IR,
1H NMR, 13C NMR, and 2D NMR such as COSY, HMBC, and HMQC). Purification of
products from reaction mixtures both by simple solvent crystallization methods
and advanced preparative chromatographic methods.
Research Interest: Pharmacokinetics, drug
development, Medicinal chemistry, Computational chemistry methods.
Published On: July 10, 2021 | Pages: 029 - 033Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 18, 2021 | Pages: 025 - 028Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 11, 2021 | Pages: 022 - 024Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 06, 2021 | Pages: 004 - 021Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 05, 2021 | Pages: 001 - 003Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 11, 2020 | Pages: 030 - 036Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 17, 2020 | Pages: 021 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 01, 2020 | Pages: 017 - 020Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 22, 2020 | Pages: 013 - 016Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 22, 2020 | Pages: 011 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
The comments from reviewers and editors are always constructive, even if a manuscript is rejected for its publication. I will trust the publication process with Peertechz.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Reviewer for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Quality article should be considered by the Journal and lower the processing fees. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommended this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is Fast review. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I do wish to associate with the journal and provide my services when needed. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is meaning full. It will be fine that journal can take feedback from readers. Manuscript submission process is smoothie. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing platforms. I recommend my colleagues and co experts to submit their research works in this journal. The timeline of submission and publication process are satisfactory. I like the fast turnover period from submission to publication.I can find the required information in the website easily.
I wish to associate with the journal as editor and confer my services. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily available on the website.
I definitely confer my services and continue my association as an editor in this journal. The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I propose this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. I recommend to my staff for manuscripts submission in this journal.
I wish to associate with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Indexing in pubmed would certainly help the growth of the Journal. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommended this journal to others for publishing their valuable research work. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information easily accessible on the website.
The steps for publication in the journal are clear, fast and runs smoothly. The staff are very helpful and the reviewer comments were logical and constructive. The final proofs were accurate and v. elegant.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. It is up to specific cases but I think they are almost fair and professional. In order to attract submission from researchers, the journal should be an ISI research journal. The anuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal for major indexing platforms. I strongly recommend the others to submit their research works for the sake of the journal growth. The required information can get easily on journal webpage.
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. It is necessary for the journal to get indexed in Pubmed. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, USA
Archives of Clinical Hypertension
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
University of Reims, France
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research