Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Tel: +1 418-525-4444, pos
Fax: +1 418-654-2753
Research Interest: Pharmacology on Chinese Herb, Cognitive Pharmacology on Chinese Herb, Behavioral Pharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Neuropharmacology.
Research Interest: G-protein coupled receptors for lipid mediators, Molecular and cellular functions of lipid mediators.
Research Interest: QSAR, Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Cytotoxicity, Heterocyclic Compounds, Synthesis, Synthesis of Organic Molecules, Pharmaceutical Development, Antioxidant Activity, Mutagenicity.
Research Interest: Natural drug discovery, Isolation, Physiological and pharmacological characterization of venom/toxin peptides and proteinswith animal tissues, Natural peptides and proteins analytical Chemistry, Mass spectrometry analysis, Molecular biology, Synthetic peptide analogues and their interaction with antibodies and receptors, Identification of novel drug targets, Biomarkers, Ion channel.
Research Interest: Immunogenicity, PK, Biomarker, Regulated and non regulated bioanalysis.
Research Interest: Medicinal chemistry, Structure-activity relationship studies, Synthesis of heterocyclic compounds, Antimicrobial screening, Enzymatic studies.
Research Interest: Discovery and development of novel protein-protein interaction inhibitors of the Tumorigenic process,Spectrum of drug discovery efforts combining computer-aided drug design, lead Generation, SAR design, Organic Synthesis, Biochemical Assays, Cell Culture Assays and Pharmacology.
After graduation I started to work at Medical University of Silesia, where I completed my PhD thesis on genetic polymorphisms in coronary artery disease. Selected risk factors for development of arterial ischemic stroke in children were also in the area of my scientific interests. Besides, I am also interested in diagnosis and treatment of other neurological disorders in children: schizencephaly, headache, epilepsy and cerebral palsy. Nine years ago, when I moved to the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology I started the research concerning the technology for the manufacturing and optimization of micro- and nanocarriers of active substances. In addition, I am involved in analyses of rheological parameters of semi-solid preparations.
Research Interest: developmental neurology, neuroscience, genetics, pharmaceutical technology, nanotechnology, biochemistry
Grants: I participated in a multi-center Polish scientific grant and in several academic grants. In 2017, I was a supervisor of a grant of Medical University of Silesia regarding the release of active substances from semi-solid bases.
List of Publications:
Selected articles of my authorship:
1. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta. Poststroke epilepsy: current perspectives on diagnosis and treatment. Neuropsychiatr.Dis.Treat. 2019; Vol.15, p.95-103
2. Joanna Sordyl, Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Tomasz Francuz, Paweł Matusik, Ewa Małecka-Tendera. Lipid levels and selected biomarkers of vascular changes in children with idiopathic headaches - a preliminary report. Arch.Med.Sci. 2019; Vol.15, No.1, p.120-125
3. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Radosław Balwierz, Anna Banyś, Renata Dyja, Dariusz Łukowiec, Dominik Marciniak, Janusz Pluta. Assessment of release of trimetazidine hydrochloride from orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs) prepared using different disintegrants. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.3, p.697-704
4. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Tomasz Krzykawski, Jagna Karcz, Anna Banyś, Andrzej Jankowski. Application of selected diffractive and microscopic methods to evaluate the physical state of drug and morphology of microspheres obtained by spray drying of furosemide with Eudragit L30 D-55. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.3, p.759-765
5. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta, Michał Skrzypek. Is the 1298A>C polymorphism in the MTHFR gene a risk factor for arterial ischaemic stroke in children? The results of meta.analysis. Clin.Exp.Med. 2018; Vol.18, No.3, p.337-345.
6. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski. Physicochemical characteristics of furosemide incorporated Eudragit microspheres formulated by spray drying. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.6, p.1369-1376
7. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Radosław Balwierz, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Renata Dyja, Dariusz Łukowiec, Andrzej Jankowski. Scanning electron microscopy and X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy - useful tools in the analysis of pharmaceutical products. J.Phys.: Conf.Series 2017; Vol.931, 012008, p.1-5
8. Andrzej Jankowski, Renata Dyja, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. Dermal and transdermal delivery of active substances from semisolid bases. Indian J.Pharmaceut.Sci. 2017; Vol.79, No.4, p.488-500
9. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. The use of nanotechnology in modern pharmacotherapy. In: Multifunctional systems for combined delivery, biosensing and diagnostics. / Editors: Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu, Amsterdam: Elsevier Inc., 2017, p. 139-158, ISBN: 978-0-323-52725-5
10. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. Perspectives of the carbon nanoparticles use in cancer therapy and imaging. Post.Biol.Kom. 2017; T.44, nr 2, s.171-184
11. Dorota Raczkiewicz, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Alfred Owoc, Iwona Bojar. Cognitive functions and serum cortisol concentration in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women working non-manually. Neuroendocrinol.Lett. 2017; Vol.38, No.4, p.269-274
12. Dorota Raczkiewicz, Alfred Owoc, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Bojar. Pain involving the motor system and serum vitamin D concentration in postmenopausal women working in agriculture. Ann.Agric.Environ.Med. 2017; Vol.24, No.1, p.151-155
13. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta, Michał Skrzypek, J. Sordyl. Association between the 20210G>A prothrombin gene polymorphism and arterial ischemic stroke in children and young adults - two meta-analyses of 3586 cases and 6440 control subjects in total. Pediatr.Neurol. 2017; Vol.69, p.93-101
14. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Anna Banyś. Determinants of telemedicine development in health care system. Ann.Acad.Med.Siles. 2016; Vol.70, s.214-219
15. Ilona Kopyta, Paweł Niemiec, Anna Balcerzyk, Ewa Emich-Widera, Ewa Pilarska, Karolina Pienczk-Recławowicz, Marek Kaciński, Janusz Wendorff, Tomasz Nowak, Tomasz Iwanicki, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Żak. Fibrinogen alpha and beta gene polymorphisms in pediatric stroke - Case-control and family based study. Eur.J.Paediatr.Neurol.2015; Vol.19, No.2, p.176-180
16. Ilona Kopyta, Mikołaj Zimny, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. The role of biochemical risk factors in the etiology of AIS in children and adults. Int.J.Neurosci.2015; Vol.125, No.12, p.875-884
17. Anna Banyś, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski, Monika Zalewska. Impact of base type on diclofenac sodium release from semi-solid dosage forms. Ann.Acad.Med.Siles. 2014; Vol.68, No.1, s.1-8
18. Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Joanna Sordyl, Ryszard Sordyl. The role of genetic risk factors in arterial ischemic stroke in pediatric and adult patients: a critical review. Mol.Biol.Rep. 2014; Vol.41, No.7, p.4241-4251
19. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Żak, Ewa Emich-Widera et al. Association analysis of the E-selectin 98G>T polymorphism and the risk of childhood ischemic stroke. Cell Biochem. Funct. 2010; 28: 591-596.
20. Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ewa Emich-Widera et al. Association between lipids and fibrinogen levels and ischemic stroke in the population of the Polish children with arteriopathy and cardiac disorders. Wiad. Lek. 2010; 63:17-23.
21. Zak I, Sarecka-Hujar B, Kopyta I et al. The T allele of the 677C>T polymorphism of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene is associated with an increased risk of ischemic stroke in Polish children. J Child Neurol. 2009; 24: 1262-1267.
22. Sarecka-Hujar B, Zak I, Krauze J. Interactions between rs5498 polymorphism in the ICAM1 gene and traditional risk factors influence susceptibility to coronary artery disease. Clin Exp Med. 2009; 9: 117-124.
Research Interest: Molecular pharmacology, physiology and biology of G protein-coupled (heptahelical or seven transmembrane-spanning) receptors; Heart Failure; Cardiovascular Disease; Neurohormonal control of the Circulation; Adrenal Physiology and Pharmacology; Receptors for Adrenaline and Noradrenaline; Catecholamines; Receptors for Angiotensin II; Signal Transduction; Gene Therapy; Transgenic mice and rats; Aldosterone production regulation; Regulation of Adrenergic and Angiotensin Receptors; G protein-coupled receptor Kinases; Beta-Arrestins; Novel “Biased” G protein-coupled Receptor Ligands.
Research Interest: Targeting drug delivery systems (TDDS), Multifunctional nanocarriers or macromolecules have many advantages for diseases treatments. Our lab employs diverse targeting delivery systems including conjugate, liposomes and micelles to deliver anticancer drug or gene for tumor therapy. In this process, we unitize stimuli-responsive strategies (e.g. enzyme-responsive) to obtain the targeting therapy of tumor. Cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) are also adopted to cross cellular barriers. Internalization mechinisms of CPPs or CPP-cargoes are also focused by us.
Research Interest: Biomaterials, Nanomedicine, Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Nanovaccines, Targeted drug delivery, Nanotoxicity, surface biofunctionalization, Cell-nanoparticle Interactions.
Research Interest: Antioxidants and free radicals, Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Behavioral tests, Cell culture and cancer research, Pulmonary Pharmacology.
Research Interest: Microbiology and Immunology, Antibiotic mechanism of Action and resistance, Inflammation and Natural Antiinflamatory Products.
Research Interest: Cancer, CDK inhibitors, Purine Derivatives, Nutrition, Parasitism, Phytotherapy, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cancer Research, Medicinal Chemistry.
Published On: August 10, 2021 | Pages: 003 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 09, 2021 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 23, 2020 | Pages: 034 - 037Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 16, 2020 | Pages: 030 - 033Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 29, 2020 | Pages: 021 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 03, 2020 | Pages: 016 - 020Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 03, 2020 | Pages: 012 - 015Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 05, 2020 | Pages: 009 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 17, 2020 | Pages: 008 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 21, 2020 | Pages: 006 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
"The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I will definetely recomend this journal for getting major indexing platforms. I recomend my staff and friends who were experts in this journal to submit their works in this journal. The process between submission and publication timeline in this journal are satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal.
The required information can get easily on the journal webpage.
It has been a pleasure to work with the team of JGRO. The team has worked efficiently to have the research manuscript reviewed and published. The team works in good coordination and responds to the enquiries in a timely fashion. I am overall satisfied with their work.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor-in-chief for the Journal. I wish to express my happy anticipation for continuing to work together towards greater successes in scientific research and related publications in future. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I will continuously contribute editorial, review and research articles to this journal. I am also planning to propose some special topic issues for the journal. I will be more involved in peer-review process of submitted manuscript. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to many of my colleagues in our institution, and other aesthetic researchers and doctors in medical schools and hospitals. I am satisfied with current submission-publication timeline; it is very effective with quick decision. I like the most in your publication process is short and effective review process, as well as high visibility. The website is friendly and easily accessible.
I would like continue this association with the journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process seems smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I mostly like the submission and article in online after publication in this journal.
I like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and acceptable. Manuscript submission process in this journal are user free. I strongly recommend my batch mates and co-scientists to submit their valuable works in this journal for publication. I can easily find the required information on the website.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and good enough. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal for major indexing platforms. I strongly recommend the others to submit their research works for the sake of the journal growth. I am satisfied the time line between manuscript submission and publication process. I mostly like the articles format is lucrative. The required information is easy to get on journal webpage.
I continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The comments from editors and reviewers are meaningful and fair. The journal should accept more review and research articles which can help in journal citation. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I recommend this journal to get major reputed indexing platforms. I recommend to some of my colleagues to submit their valuable research works in this journal in coming future. Manuscript submission and publication time line process is satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid response from this journal. The required information is easily available on the website.
Thank you so much in providing me waiver on all charges for my manuscript publication. I am proud of your treatment! I and my colleagues will be best family of your journal. Hope we will communicate with further works and manuscript. Once again I would like to thank you. I have also attached you my photo as per your requests.
It is a pleasure for me to work with the journal and confer my services.The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. It will be fine, that journal can get more citations. Manuscript submission process is smooth and rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I definitely confer my services and continue my association as an editor in this journal. The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I propose this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. I recommend to my staff for manuscripts submission in this journal.
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
University of Pisa, Italy
Annals of Psychiatry and Treatment
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry