Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
Dr May Ng MBBS (Hons) FHEA FRCPCH MSc LLM PhD
Dr May Ng holds a dual accreditation specialist qualification in General Paediatrics and Paediatric Endocrinology & Diabetes. She is based in Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust and is the Associate Medical Director. She was previously Clinical Director for Paediatrics from 2012-2016. She has an Honorary Senior Lecturer position at the Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool. She completed her undergraduate degree under full scholarship in Sydney, Australia and undertook her paediatric training in Australia and in the United Kingdom (UK). She was the recipient of the UK Medical Research Council Fellowship in 2006 and completed further training to obtain a Masters and PhD degree in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. Dr Ng also holds a Master of Laws degree and is active in medicolegal work.
Dr Ng has held over £300,000 in research grants and is an active researcher in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. She has produced a book chapter and over 100+ publications (50 peer reviewed research papers, 45 as first/senior author) including three Cochrane reviews and has presented at more than 100+ scientific meetings.
Research Interest: puberty, thyroid, diabetes , adrenal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ROLES:
Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH)
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Member of the European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE)
Committee member of European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology Online Learning
Member of the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) Adoption and Impact Programme Reference Panel
Member of the National Steering Group for Children and Young People’s Diabetes Peer Review
Diabetes Officer of the British Society of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED)
Assessor for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health ST7/START
Committee Member of the RCPCH Paediatricians in Medical Management
RCPCH CSAC Training Advisor for Endocrinology and Diabetes
CCST, Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training: (1) General Paediatrics and (2) Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, General Medical Council UK
FRCPCH, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK
DCH, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK
FHEA, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
MBBS (Honours) University of Sydney, Australia
Master of Medical Science (Child Health, Diabetes and Endocrinology) University of Liverpool
PhD (Child Health) University of Liverpool
Master in Laws , University of Liverpool
Winner of 2015 Diabetes Quality in Care (QiC) award
Finalist Commended 2017 Diabetes Team of the year Diabetes Quality in Care (QiC) award
Pride Awards 2015 Team of the Year Southport & Ormskirk NHS Trust
Highly Commended Diabetes Team of the Year 2015 BMJ awards
Finalist HSJ Clinical Leader of the year 2015
Finalist in the UK Asian Woman of Achievement Award
Newborn Appeal Grant 2011
Best Research Abstract Award 2010 BSPED UK
Newborn Appeal Grant 2007
MRC Fellowship 2006 Medical Research Council, UK
University Prize for Paediatrics, University of Sydney, Australia
Number of Publications: 50
1. Ng SM, Turner MA, Avula S. Ultrasound measurements of thyroid gland volume at 36 weeks corrected gestational age in extreme preterm infants born before 28 weeks gestation. European Thyroid Journal 2017.
2. Apperley L, Ng SM. Socioeconomic Deprivation, Household Education and Employment are Associated With Increased Hospital Admissions and Poor Glycemic Control in Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Review of Diabetic Studies 2017
3. Ng SM. Digital Footprints: Steps towards transformation in paediatric diabetes. Journal of MHealth 2017, March ow.ly/g6Um30aYCZU
4. Ng SM, Stepien K. Glucocorticoid replacement regimens in the treatment of 21-hydroxylase deficiency congenital adrenal hyperplasia (Protocol) published Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 1. Art. No CD012517. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD012517
5. Ng SM, Edge J. Hyperglycaemic Hyperosmolar State (HHS) in children: A practical guide to management. Paediatrics and Child Health Journal 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.paed.2017.01.002
6. Ng SM, Soni A, Didi M. Neonatal Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Dysregulation with Combined Thyroid Hormone and Thyrotropin Resistance in Infant with Trisomy 21 and Maternal Subclinical Hypothyroidism. J Neonatal Biol 2016 5:4 DOI: 10.4172/2167-0897.1000243
7. Ng SM, Agwu JC, Dwan K. A systematic review and meta-analysis of Synacthen tests for assessing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal insufficiency in children. Arch Dis Child 2016 :1–7. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2015-308925
8. Ng SM, Turner M. The Importance of Risk Stratification and Management of Newborn Babies of Women with a History of Graves’ disease. Int J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2016, 2(1): 001-004
9. Soni A, Agwu JC, Kershaw M, Edge J, Wright N, Ng SM. Management of children with type 1 diabetes during illness: a national survey. Postgrad Med J 2015 doi:10.1136/postgradmedj-2015-133786
10. Ng SM, Vizard M. The great enabler: how technology is helping to improve patient outcomes in paediatric diabetes. British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease 2015;15:86-88
11. Soni A, Ng SM. Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in children and young people: updated NICE guidance. Practical Diabetes 2015;32:281-282
12. Ng SM. Improving patient outcomes with technology and social media in paediatric diabetes. BMJ Quality Improvement Reports 2015; 4(1) DOI:10.1136/bmjquality.u209396.w3846 (1)
13. Ng SM, Watson G, Turner MA, Newland P and Weindling AM. Do maternal factors influence neonatal thyroid status in the extreme premature infant? The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine 2014:26:1-11.
14. Agwu C, Ng SM, Edge DA, Wright. Care of children and young people with diabetes who require surgery. Diabetes Care for Children and Young People 2014:3:106-110
15. Ng SM, Soni A. Intensive diabetes management and goal setting are key aspects of improving metabolic control in children and young people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus. World Journal of Diabetes 2014: 5(6): 877-881 DOI: http://dx.doi. org/10.4239/wjd.v5.i6.877
16. Ng SM, Finnigan L, Connellan L, Caitriona Kerinan, Coward S. Improving paediatric diabetes care with the use of an integrated paediatric electronic diabetes information management system and routine uploading of blood glucose meters and insulin pumps in outpatient clinics. Archive of Disease in Childhood 2014; 99:1059 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2014-307021
17. Ng SM, Mariguddi S, Coward S, Middleton H. Successful implementation of a paediatric community home nursing service as a model of service delivery in acute paediatric care. British Journal of Nursing 2014: 23 (4):209-212.
18. Ng SM, Turner MA, Watson G, Victor S, Isherwood DM, Newland P, Didi M and Weindling AM. Is dopamine an iatrogenic disruptor of thyroid and cortisol function in the extremely premature infant? Advances in Endocrinology 2014; DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/973184
19. Soni A, Shaw EJ, Natarajan A, Ng SM. Children with Type 1 Diabetes mellitus developing concurrent autoimmune disease are not at risk of worsening metabolic control or growth impairment. Practical Diabetes 2014: 31(6):243-246
20. Ng SM, Turner MA, Didi M, Parkes L, Tietze A, Atkinson J, Sluming V and Weindling AM. Effect of thyroxine on brain microstructure in extremely premature babies: magnetic resonance imaging findings from the TIPIT study. Pediatric Radiology 2014:44 (8):987-96
21. Ng SM, Balmuri S. Review of insulin treatment in stress related hyperglycaemia in children without pre-existing diabetes. Acta Paediatrica 2013 doi:10.1111/apa.12442
22. Ng SM, Turner MA, Victor S, M Didi, C Gamble, D Manning, R Gupta, P Settle. P Newland and Weindling AM. An explanatory randomised placebo-controlled trial of thyroxine supplementation in extreme preterm Infants < 28>
23. Murphy A, Martin P, Jukka C, Menon A, Ng SM. Recurrent primary paediatric herpetic whitlow of the big toe. BMJ Case Reports 2013 doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-008598
24. Murphy C and Ng SM. Institution of multiple daily insulin regimen compared with twice daily pre-mixed insulin regimen for children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. American Journal of Clinical Medicine Research 2013 1 (1). doi: 10.12691/ajcmr-1-1-2
25. Ng SM, Drury JA, Turner MA, M Didi, Victor S, Paul Newland, Weindling AM. A Novel Method of Collection of Saliva for Estimation of Steroid Levels in Extremely Premature Infants. Acta Paediatrica 2013:102 (4): 356-9
26. Gangadharan A, Hanumanthaiah H, Ng SM. The Use of Iodine as First Line Therapy in Graves' Disease Complicated with Neutropenia at First Presentation in a Paediatric Patient. British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research, 3(2): 324-328, 2013
27. Hanumanthaiah H, Gangadharan A, Ng SM. Continuous insulin infusion therapy for acute stress hyperglycemia secondary to asthma exacerbation in a paediatric patient. Journal of Diabetes Research and Clinical Metabolism 2012: http://dx.doi.org/10.7243/2050-0866-1-19
28. Ng SM, Wong SC, Chakkrapani E, Rahman F, Newland P, Isherwood DM, Didi M. Multivariate analysis of factors that affect neonatal screening thyrdois stimulating hormone. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2011, 24: 727-732
29. Hussain M, Cheri J, Khalid M, Matouk Z, Ng SM, Chanderasekaran S, Didi M, Blair J. Growth monitoring still has a place in selected populations of children. BMJ Case Reports 2011; doi:10.1136/bcr.01.2010.2640
30. Ng SM, Weindling MA. The impact of networks on clinical trials in the United Kingdom . Trials 2009, 10:100
31. Ng SM, Turner MA, Gamble C, M Didi, Victor S, Malamateniou C, Parkes L, Tietze A, Gregory L,Sluming V, Abernethy L and Weindling AM. TIPIT: A Randomised Controlled Trial of Thyroxine in Preterm Infants under 28 weeks Gestation: Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Magnetic Resonance Angiography Protocol. BMC Pediatrics 2008, 8:26
32. Ng SM. Hypothyroxinemia of prematurity: cause, diagnosis and management. Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism 2008, 3: 453-462
33. Ng SM, Dhullipala A, Weindling AM. High versus low dose of initial thyroid hormone replacement for congenital hypothyroidism. Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews 2008, Issue 1
34. Ng SM, Turner MA, Gamble, Didi M, Victor S, Weindling AM. TIPIT: A Randomised controlled trial of thyroxine in preterm infants born under 28 weeks gestation. Trials 2008, 9: 17
35. Ng SM, Wong SC, Isherwood DM, Didi M. Biochemical severity of thyroid ectopia in congenital hypothyroidism demonstrates sexual dimorphism. European Journal of Endocrinology 2007, 156: 49-53
36. Ng SM, Wong SC, Chakkrapani E, Rahman F, Newland P, Isherwood DM, Didi M. There is a delay in screening premature infants for congenital hypoithyroidism. Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal Neonatal Ed 2006, 91: F465-466
37. Ng SM, May JE, Emmerson AJB. Continuous insulin infusion in hyperglycemic ELBW infants: An evaluation of treatment response. Biology of the Neonate 2005, 4: 269-272
38. Ng SM, Kumar Y, Cody D, Didi M and Smith CS. The gonadotrophins response to GnRH test is not a predictor of neurological lesion in girls with central precocious puberty. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2005, 18: 849-852
39. Ng SM, Wong SC, Isherwood DM, Smith CS, Didi M. Multivariate analysis on factors affecting suppression of thyroid stimulating hormone in treated congenital hypothyroidism. Hormone Research 2004, 20: 245-251
40. Wong SC, Ng SM, Didi M. Children with congenital hypothyroidism are at risk of adult obesity due to early adiposity rebound. Clinical Endocrinology 2004, 61: 441-6
41. Ng SM, Wong SC, Didi M. Head circumference and linear growth during the first 3 years in treated congenital hypothyroidism in relation to aetiology and initial biochemical severity. Clinical Endocrinology 2004, 61: 155-9
42. Chalameau M, Hadjiaathanasiou C, Ng SM, Cassio A, Mul D, Cisternino M, Partsch CJ, Theodoris C, Didi M, Cacciari E, Oostdijk W, Borghesi A, Sippell WG, Breart G, Brauner R. How to select girls with precocious puberty for brain imaging? An evidence based approach: EUROPUB study. A multicentre trial. Journal of Pediatrics 2003, 143: 445-450
43. Ng SM, Jones AP. Drug therapies for reducing gastric acidity in people with cystic fibrosis. Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Library 2003, Issue 2
44. Ng SM, Kumar Y, Cody D, Didi M and Smith CS. Cranial MRI scans are indicated in all girls with central precocious puberty. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2003, 88: 414-418
45. Cody D, Ng SM, Didi M and Smith CS. The differing outcomes of hyperthyrotropinemia. Journal of Paediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2003, 16: 375-378
46. Ng SM, Khurana R, Hughes U, Manning D. Is prolonged use of computer games a risk factor for deep venous thrombosis in children? Clinical Medicine 2003, 6: 593-594
47. Ng SM, Toh EM and Sherrington CA. Clinical predictors of abnormal computed tomography scans in paediatric head injury. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health 2002, 38: 388-392
48. Ng SM, Ariffin WA, Lin HP, Chan LL and Chin YM. Clinical features and treatment outcome of children with myeloid antigen coexpression in B-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Journal of Tropical Paediatrics 2000, 46: 73-78
49. Ng SM, Lin HP, Ariffin WA, Lam SK and Chan LL. Age, sex, hemoglobin and white cell count at diagnosis are important prognostic factors in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with BFM-type protocol. Journal of Tropical Paediatrics 2000, 46: 338-343
50. Ng SM, Ariffin WA, Lin HP and Chan LL. Presenting features and treatment outcome of 78 Malaysian children with neuroblastoma. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 1999, 30: 149-153
Research Interest: His particular interests are in
clinical research methodology, data science, and genomic medicine, also having
published, as co-author, several papers in scientific journals such as JAMA,
Archives of Internal Medicine, Hypertension, Diabetes Care, Journal of Clinical
Endocrinology and Metabolism
Research Interest: Autoimmunity, autoimmune thyroid
disease, thyrotropin receptor, thyrotropin autoantibodies, thyroglobulin
autoantibodies, thyroperoxidase autoantibodies.
In 2009, graduated from Tianjin Medical University with a Ph.D. in immunology. In the same year, began to work in the Institute of Ophthalmology of Tianjin Medical University, where worked as a basic researcher. In 2012, went to Germany for a one-year postdoctoral research. Up to now, has undertaken and completed three national and provincial-level projects, and published a total of 66 research papers.
PSF signalling pathway
Ocular neovascularization disease
Experimental autoimmune uveitis (EAU)
Mesenchymal stem cell therapy
Dentritic cells maturation and migration
• as a project principal: PTB-associated splicing factor (PSF) functions as a repressor of HIF-1α-mediated VEGF gene transcription by recruitment of Hakai. (NSFC Granted NO. 81570872,2016-2019)
• as a project principal: the molecular mechanism of transcriptional inhibitor PSF suppress Human retinal microvessal endothelial cells proliferation with IGF-1 stimulation. (NSFC Granted NO. 31100991,2012-2014)
• as the participant :Identification the miRNAs related with the differentiation of ESCs into RPE cells and theit effect on JUN passway. (NSFC Granted NO. 30973255, 2011-2013)
List of Publications:
1. Dong, L., Zhang, X., Fu, X., Zhang, X., Gao, X., Zhu, M., . . . Yang, J. (2011). PTB-associated splicing factor (PSF) functions as a repressor of STAT6-mediated Ig epsilon gene transcription by recruitment of HDAC1. J Biol Chem, 286(5), 3451-3459. doi:10.1074/jbc.M110.168377（co-first author）
2. Liu, X., Dong, L., Zhang, X., Wang, B., Wang, X., Li, H., . . . Yang, J. (2011). Identification of p100 target promoters by chromatin immunoprecipitation-guided ligation and selection (ChIP-GLAS). Cell Mol Immunol, 8(1), 88-91. doi:10.1038/cmi.2010.47（co-first author）
3. WB, L., MW, M., LJ, D., F, W., LX, C., biology, L. X. J. C., & therapy. (2011). MicroRNA-34a targets notch1 and inhibits cell proliferation in glioblastoma multiforme. 12(6), 477-483. (co-author)
4. Li WB, Z. Y., Lu ZY, Dong LJ, Wang FE, Dong R, Li XR. (2012). Development of retinal pigment epi thelium from human parthenogenetic embryonic stem cells and microRNA signature. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., 53(9). doi:10.1167/iovs.12-8303 (co-author)
5. LJ, Z., Y, Z., LJ, D., & ophthalmology, L. X. J. C. j. o. (2012). [Expression and function of microRNA in the eye]. 48(12), 1136-1140. (co-author)
6. Tian, F., Dong, L., Zhou, Y., Shao, Y., Li, W., Zhang, H., & Wang, F. (2014). Rapamycin-Induced apoptosis in HGF-stimulated lens epithelial cells by AKT/mTOR, ERK and JAK2/STAT3 pathways. Int J Mol Sci, 15(8), 13833-13848. doi:10.3390/ijms150813833（co-first author）
7. Wei, R., Dong, L., Xiao, Q., Sun, D., Li, X., & Nian, H. (2014). Engagement of Toll-like receptor 2 enhances interleukin (IL)-17(+) autoreactive T cell responses via p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signalling in dendritic cells. Clin Exp Immunol, 178(2), 353-363. doi:10.1111/cei.12405（co-first author）
8. Zhang, L., Dong, L., Liu, X., Jiang, Y., Zhang, L., Zhang, X., . . . Zhang, Y. (2014). alpha-Melanocyte-stimulating hormone protects retinal vascular endothelial cells from oxidative stress and apoptosis in a rat model of diabetes. PLoS One, 9(4), e93433. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0093433 (co-author)
9. Zhang, L., Zheng, H., Shao, H., Nian, H., Zhang, Y., Bai, L., . . . Zhang, X. (2014). Long-term therapeutic effects of mesenchymal stem cells compared to dexamethasone on recurrent experimental autoimmune uveitis of rats. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 55(9), 5561-5571. doi:10.1167/iovs.14-14788 (co-author)
10. T, L., L, Z., B, Z., L, X., J, L., L, D., & reports, H. Y. J. O. (2015). Establishment and characterization of a cell line from human adenoid cystic carcinoma of the lacrimal glands and a nude mouse transplantable model. 33(6), 2797-2806. (co-author)
11. Dong, L., Nian, H., Shao, Y., Zhang, Y., Li, Q., Yi, Y., . . . Li, X. (2015). PTB-associated splicing factor inhibits IGF-1-induced VEGF upregulation in a mouse model of oxygen-induced retinopathy. Cell Tissue Res, 360(2), 233-243. doi:10.1007/s00441-014-2104-5 (the first author)
12. Shao, Y., Dong, L. J., Zhang, Y., Liu, H., Hu, B. J., Liu, J. P., & Li, X. R. (2015). Surgical induced astigmatism correlated with corneal pachymetry and intraocular pressure: transconjunctival sutureless 23-gauge versus 20-gauge sutured vitrectomy in diabetes mellitus. Int J Ophthalmol, 8(3), 528-533. doi:10.3980/j.issn.2222-3959.2015.03.16 （co-first author）
13. Y, S., C, S., JT, W., B, D., LJ, D., AH, L., . . . medicine, e. (2015). Temporal and spatial changes in VEGF, αA- and αB-crystallin expression in a mouse model of oxygen-induced retinopathy. 8(3), 3349-3359. (co-author)
14. PT, Z., LJ, Z., H, S., LL, B., B, Y., C, S., . . . ophthalmology, Z. X. J. I. j. o. (2016). Therapeutic effects of mesenchymal stem cells administered at later phase of recurrent experimental autoimmune uveitis. 9(10), 1381-1389. (co-author)
15. W, L., L, D., M, M., B, H., Z, L., X, L., . . . therapy. (2016). Preliminary in vitro and in vivo assessment of a new targeted inhibitor for choroidal neovascularization in age-related macular degeneration. 10(undefined), 3415-3423.（co-first author）
16. X, C., H, S., Y, Z., Q, X., C, S., L, D., . . . development. (2016). CD73 Pathway Contributes to the Immunosuppressive Ability of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Intraocular Autoimmune Responses. 25(4), 337-346. (co-author)
17. H, T., LY, H., F, T., LJ, D., & ophthalmology, Z. H. J. C. j. o. (2017). [Effects of SMP-30 overexpression on apoptosis of human lens epithelial cells induced by ultraviolet B irradiation]. 53(11), 835-841. (co-author)
18. L, B., H, S., H, W., Z, Z., C, S., L, D., . . . reports, Z. X. J. S. (2017). Effects of Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Derived Exosomes on Experimental Autoimmune Uveitis. 7(1), 4323. (co-author)
19. X, W., Y, Z., L, Z., R, W., & vision, D. L. J. M. (2017). Comparison of fibrin glue and Vicryl sutures in conjunctival autografting for pterygium surgery. 23(undefined), 275-285. (co-author)
20. L, D., X, C., H, S., L, B., X, L., & medicine, Z. X. J. C. m. (2018). Mesenchymal Stem Cells Inhibited Dendritic Cells Via the Regulation of STAT1 and STAT6 Phosphorylation in Experimental Autoimmune Uveitis. 17(7), 478-487. (the first author)
21. T, M., LJ, D., XL, D., R, N., & ophthalmology, H. B. J. I. j. o. (2018). Research progress on the role of connective tissue growth factor in fibrosis of diabetic retinopathy. 11(9), 1550-1554.
22. X, X., L, H., Y, L., X, L., R, S., X, L., & research, D. L. J. C. e. (2019). DL-3-n-butylphthalide Protected Retinal Müller Cells Dysfunction from Oxidative Stress. undefined(undefined), 1-9. (co-author)
23. Y, S., LJ, D., Y, T., J, C., X, L., Q, C., . . . metabolism. (2019). miRNA-451a regulates RPE function through promoting mitochondrial function in proliferative diabetic retinopathy. 316(3), E443-E452. （co-first author）
24. G, S., R, H., L, Z., X, S., K, H., L, D., . . . failure, K. Y. J. R. (2019). The effect of hemodialysis on ocular changes in patients with the end-stage renal disease. 41(1), 629-635. (co-author)
Research Interest: Diabetes, Adrenal Insufficiency,
Evidence-Based Medicine in Endocrinology
Research Interest: Endocrinology, diabetes,
obesity, genetics, children
Research Interest: Prostate Cancer, Molecular
Epidemiology, Pharmacogenomic studies, Metabolic syndrome, Endocrine-Related
Cancer, Urolithiasis, Andrology, Male Erectile dysfunction
Research Interest: Comparative endocrinology with
focus on neuroendocrine regulation and signal transduction for pituitary
hormone secretion and gene expression in fish models, especially for growth
hormone, somatolactin and gonadotropinsFunctional interactions & underlying
post-receptor signaling of adipokines (e.g., leptin & adiponectin) and
novel feeding peptides (e.g., spexin & apelin) with pituitary hormones in
fish pituitary cells
My name is Karthik Yadav Janga and I am currently working as Research Scientist in Novel Drug Delivery team at Bayer Pharmaceuticals (USA). I am writing this email in order to volunteer for joining the editorial board member and peer reviewer for your prestigious journal. I have published 23 research articles in renowned journals such as European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics and International Journal of Pharmaceutics etc, with over 273 citations. 8+ (academic and industrial) years research experiences in the field of pharmaceutics and drug delivery.
Research Interest: Drug delivery of NCEs, Protein, Peptides, Monoclonal antibodies
Grants: Research Scholar in NIH R01 grant
List of Publications:
1. Lipid nanoparticles of zaleplon for improved oral delivery by Box-Behnken design: optimization, in vitro and in vivo evaluation. N Dudhipala, KY Janga. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2017; 43(7): 1205-1214.
2. Biopharmaceutical and Preclinical Studies of Zaleplon as Semisolid Dispersions with Self-emulsifying Lipid Surfactants for Oral Delivery. N Dudhipala, A Narala, D Suram, KY Janga. IJPSN. 2016; 9(1): 3102-3111. (Best Paper of the Year Award)
3. Competence of raloxifene hydrochloride loaded liquisolid compacts for improved dissolution and intestinal permeation. DR Komala, KY Janga, R Jukanti, S Bandari, M Vijayagopal. J Drug Deliv Sci Technol. 2015; 30(A): 232-241. Main Author
4. Gellan gum based sol-to-gel transforming system of natamycin transfersomes improves topical ocular delivery. KY Janga, A Tatke, N Dudhipala, SP Balguri, MM Ibrahim, DN Maria, MM Jablonski, S Majumdar. JPET. Mar 14, 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1124/jpet.119.256446
5. Ion-sensitive in situ hydrogels of natamycin bilosomes for enhanced and prolonged ocular pharmacotherapy: in vitro permeability, cytotoxicity and in vivo evaluation. KY Janga, A Tatke, SP Balguri, SP Lamichanne, MM Ibrahim, DN Maria, MM Jablonski, S Majumdar. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2018; 46(1): 1039-1050.
6. Retina compatible interactions and effective modulation of blood ocular barrier P-gp activity by third-generation inhibitors improve the ocular penetration of loperamide. KY Janga, A Tatke, S Shukla, SP Lamichhane, B Avula, X Wang, MM Jablonski, IA Khan, S Majumdar. J Pharm Sci. 2018; 107(8): 2128-2135.
7. Photostability Issues in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Photostabilization. KY Janga, T King, N Ji, S Sarabu, G Shadambikar, S Sawant, P Xu, MA Repka, SN Murthy. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2018; 19(1): 48-59.
8. P-glycoprotein restricts ocular penetration of loperamide across the blood-ocular barriers: a comparative study in Mdr1a knock-out and wild type sprague dawley rats. A Tatke, KY Janga, B Avula, X Wang, MM Jablonski, IA Khan, S Majumdar. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2018; 19(4): 1662-1671.
9. In situ absorption and relative bioavailability studies of zaleplon loaded self-nanoemulsifying powders. KY Janga, R Jukanti, S Sunkavalli, A Velpula, S Bandari, P Kandadi, PR Veerareddy. J Microencapsul. 2013; 30(2): 161-172.
10. Bioavailability enhancement of zaleplon via proliposomes: Role of surface charge. KY Janga, R Jukanti, A Velpula, S Sunkavalli, S Bandari, P Kandadi, PR Veerareddy. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2012; 80(2): 347-357.
11. Melt-cast films significantly enhance triamcinolone acetonide delivery to the deeper ocular tissues. A Tatke, N Dudhipala, KY Janga, B Soneta, B Avula, S Majumdar. Pharmaceutics. 2019; 11(4): 158.
12. In situ gel of triamcinolone acetonide-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for improved topical ocular delivery: Tear kinetics and ocular disposition studies. A Tatke, N Dudhipala, KY Janga, SP Balguri, B Avula, M Jablonski, S Majumdar. Nanomaterials. 2019; 9(1): 33.
13. Comparative study of nisoldipine-loaded nanostructured lipid carriers and solid lipid nanoparticles for oral delivery: preparation, characterization, permeation and pharmacokinetic evaluation. N Dudhipala, KY Janga, T Gorre. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2018; 46(2): 616-625.
14. Micronized zaleplon delivery via orodispersible film and orodispersible tablets. P Manda, C Popescu, A Juluri, KY Janga, PR Kakulamarri, S Narishetty, SN Murthy, MA Repka. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2018; 19(3): 1358-1366.
15. Melt-cast noninvasive ocular inserts for posterior segment drug delivery. SP Balguri, GR Adelli, A Tatke, KY Janga, P Bhagav, S Majumdar. J Pharm Sci. 2017;106(12): 3515-3523.
16. Ocular disposition of ciprofloxacin from topical, PEGylated nanostructured lipid carriers: Effect of molecular weight and density of poly (ethylene) glycol. SP Balguri, GR Adelli, KY Janga, P Bhagav, S Majumdar. Int J Pharm. 2017; 529(1-2): 32-43.
17. Preparation and characterization of docetaxel self-nanoemulsifying powders (SNEPs): A strategy for improved oral delivery. S Sunkavalli, BB Eedara, KY Janga, A Velpula, R Jukanti, S Bandari. KOREAN J CHEM ENG. 2016; 33(3): 1115–1124.
18. Amoxycillin trihydrate floating-bioadhesive drug delivery system for eradication of Helicobacter pylori: Preparation, in vitro and ex vivo evaluation. N Dudhipala, A Narala, KY Janga, R Bomma. J Bioequiv Availab. 2016; 8(3): 118-124.
19. Enhanced dissolution efficiency of zaleplon solid dispersions via modified β-cyclodextrin molecular inclusion complexes. C Popescu, P Manda, A Juluri, KY Janga, M Cidda, SN Murthy. J. Pharm Pharm Scien. 2015; 1(1): 12-21.
20. Proliposome powders for enhanced intestinal absorption and bioavailability of raloxifene hydrochloride: effect of surface charge. A Velpula, R Jukanti, KY Janga, S Sunkavalli, S Bandari, P Kandadi, PR Veerareddy. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2013; 39(12): 1895-1906.
21. Enhanced intestinal absorption and bioavailability of raloxifene hydrochloride via lyophilized solid lipid nanoparticles. M Burraa, R Jukanti, KY Janga, S Sunkavalli, A Velpula, S Ampati, KN Jayaveera. ADV POWDER TECHNOL. 2013; 24(1): 393-402.
22. Development and characterization of ramipril loaded Solid self nanoemulsifying drug delivery system (SNEDDS) for improved oral delivery of lipophilic drugs. M Kasturi, S Agrawal, KY Janga. IJPBA. 2015; 6(6): 10-17.
23. Self nano emulsifying drug delivery system of ramipril: formulation and in vitro evaluation. M Kasturi, S Agrawal, KY Janga. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2016; 8(4): 291-296.
Research Interest: Role of autoimmunity in the pathogenesis
of thyroid diseases. Growth factors and thyroid cancer. Prevention of endemic
Research Interest: Thyroid disease and in
particular thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer, as well as postgraduate medical
Research Interest: Angiotensin II effects on renal
dopamine metabolism using in vitro models and different techniques like
pharmacological approaches, kinetic studies, enzymatic activities and
radiolabel markers. For my postdoctoral work, I expanded my research area and
studied the relationship between atrial natriuretic peptide and renal dopamine
system and its impact on sodium handling. For this purpose we employed an in
vivo model to evaluate this interaction on urinary parameters and used
molecular techniques to demonstrate the involvement of different tubular
Research Interest: Osteoporosis, Autophagy,
Research Interest: His research has concentrated on how physical, environmental, and emotional stress affects the hormonal responses of the endocrine system; in particular, focusing on dysfunctions and dis-regulations that develop in the system from stress exposure, that ultimately can compromise physiological responses and adaptations
Published On: December 26, 2020 | Pages: 035 - 041Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 26, 2020 | Pages: 033 - 034Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 05, 2020 | Pages: 030 - 032Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 08, 2020 | Pages: 025 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 03, 2020 | Pages: 022 - 024Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 29, 2020 | Pages: 017 - 021Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 06, 2020 | Pages: 015 - 016Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 06, 2020 | Pages: 010 - 014Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 24, 2020 | Pages: 008 - 010Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 28, 2020 | Pages: 005 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
I have glad so much because of Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics; service'.
I was always given information about my article.
The Journal (Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics) is exactly suggested to all author.
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics is very helpful on your manuscript's.
The publishing process thank you very much.
I like to continue my association as an editor in this journal and confer my services. My suggestion is to use social sites as linkedin, Facebook and twitter to send submission request to orthopaedic surgeon and to introduce the journal. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my co-experts who were related with this journal to submit their research works. The required information will easily access from website.
I am happy to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Low publication fee for authors would help for the growth of Journal. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I suggest for indexing at the world wide ISI (JCR) will enhance researcher to submit their manuscript and lower the cost of publication fees. I recommend this journal to my colleagues for publication of their new research works. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The publication process is professional and short time process. The required information is easily available on the website.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is fast review. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I definitely confer my services and continue my association as an editor in this journal. The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I propose this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. I recommend to my staff for manuscripts submission in this journal.
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. Comments from editors as well as reviewers are fair and Professional. The process of manuscript submission process is user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting major indexing databases. I definitely recommend some of my colleagues for manuscript submission for publication in this journal. Time line of manuscript submission and publication is acceptable. The journal should choose high quality of research articles for quick journal growth. I can easily find the information on the journal website.
I will continue to associate with this Imaging Journal of Clinical and Medical Sciences journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and satisfactory. The journal have to get indexed in major databases. The process of manuscript submission is hassel-free. I definitely recommend my friends and colleagues to submit their works for publication. The submission and publication timeline of this journal is more accurate. It will be nice, if bibliography of authors and editors can be displayed in journal webpage. I can easily find the required information in the website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. Indexing in the major search engines such as PubMed. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to my colleagues for publication of their research works. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
University of Reims, France
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology