Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Tel: +1 418-525-4444
Fax: +1 418-654-2753
Research Interest: Molecular Pharmacology, Chinese Medicines and Diabetes
Mellitus, Effects and Mechanism of Natural Products on Cardio-Cerebrovascular
Research Interest: Obesity,
Chronic Hronic Inflammation, Inflammatory Disease, Cancer
Research Interest: Nutrition,
Weight management, Obesity Evaluation, Behavior Change Interventions, Critical
Thinking, Health Disparity, Curriculum and Program Development, Type 2 Diabetes
Research Interest: My Research has
Focused on Understanding the BBB, Changes that Occur in the Blood-Tumor-Barrier
(BTB), and Drug Uptake Therein. To this End, I Have Worked and Gained
Significant Amount of Knowledge on Factors Influencing Anticancer Delivery and
Activity in Brain aBrain Metastases Developed from Breast Cancer in Mouse
Models. These Include: (1) How BBB is Altered in Mouse Models of Brain
Metastases of Breast Cancer. (2) Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Relationship of
Anticancer Drugs in Brain Metastases. (3) in Vitro- In Vivo Correlations (IVIVC)
to Predict Optimum Therapeutic Concentrations for Treatment of Brain
Metastases. (4) Improving Targeted Anticancer Drug Delivery to Brain Tumors by
Inhibiting Efflux Transporters and Piggy Backing Drugs to Substrates of Influx
Transporters at the BBB.
Research Interest: Evaluation of biological activity of plant foods: anti-inflammatory, anti-glycation, anti-oxidant activities Influences of heat treatment on biological activity of foods.
List of Publications:
1. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Yi-Huang, “Comparison of inhibitory capacities of 6-, 8- and 10-gingerols/shogaols on the canonical NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated IL-1β secretion” Molecules, Vol. 23, 2018, 02, p. 466.
2. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, Lin, Chih- Cheng, Chiu, Chui-Feng, “Comparison of anti-glycation capacity of two new purple-colored-leaf tea cultivars with an ordinary green-colored-leaf tea cultivar in Taiwan,” Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2017, 02, pp. 009-015.
3. Yang, Tzu-Ting, Ho, Su-Chen, Chuang, Lu-Te, Chuang, Hsiao-Chi, Li, Ya-Ting, Wu, Jyun-Jie, “Characterization of particulate-phase polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons emitted from incense burning and their bioreactivity in RAW264.7 macrophage,” Environmental Pollution, Vol. 220, 2017, 01, pp. 1190-1198.
4. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, “Optimized heat treatment enhances the anti-inflammatory capacity of ginger “ International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 19, 2016, pp. 1884-1898.
5. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, “Evaluating the anti-neuroinflammatory capacity of raw and steamed garlic as well as five organosulfur compounds,” Molecules, Vol. 19, No. 11, 2014, pp. 17697-17714.
6. Ho, Su-Chen, Kuo, Chun-Ting, “Hesperidin, Nobiletin, and Tangeretin Are Collectively Responsible for the Anti-neuroinflammatory Capacity of Tangerine Peel (Citri reticulatae pericarpium)” Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 71, 2014, pp. 176-182.
7. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Pei-Wen, Tong, Hui-Ting, Yu, Pin-Yuan, “Inhibition of Fluorescent Advanced Glycation End-products and N-carboxymethyllysine Formation by Several Floral Herbal Infusions,” International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 17, 2014, pp. 617-628.
8. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Comparison of Peroxynitrite-Scavenging Capacities of Several Citrus Fruit Peels,” International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 17, 2014, pp. 111-124.
9. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Ku-Shang, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Anti-neuroinflammatory Capacity of Fresh Ginger Is Attributed Mainly to 10-Gingerol,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 141, No. 3, 2013, 12, pp. 3183-3191.
10. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Ku-Shang, Chang, Pei-Wen, “Inhibition of Neuroinflammation by Cinnamon and its Main Components,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 138, No. 4, 2013, pp. 2275-2282.
11. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Pei-Wen, “Inhibitory Effects of Several Spices on Inflammation Caused by Advanced Glycation Endproducts,” American Journal of Plant Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 7, 2012, pp. 995-1002.
12. Ho, Su-Chen, Wu, Szu-Pei, Lin, Shyh-Mirn, Tang, Ya-Li, “Comparison of Anti-glycation Capacities of Several Herbal Infusions with that of Green Tea,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 122, 2010, pp. 768-744.
13. Lin, Shih-Min, Wang, Shih-Wei, Ho, Su-Chen, Tang, Ya-Li, “Protective Effect of Green Tea (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) Against the Monoamine Oxidase B Enzyme Activity Increase in Adult Rat Brains,” Nutrition, Vol. 26, 2010, pp. 1195-1200.
14. Huang, Yung-Sheng, Ho, Su-Chen, “Polymethoxy Flavones Are Responsible for the Anti-inflammatory Activity of Citrus Fruit Peel,”Food Chemistry, Vol. 119, 2010, pp. 868-873.
15. Ho, Su-Chen, Tang, Ya-Li, Lin, Shih-Min, Liew, Yih-Fong, “Evaluation of Peroxynitrite-Scavenging Capacities of Several Commonly Used Fresh Spices,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 119, 2010, pp. 1102-1107.
16. Ho, Su-Chen, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Investigation of Heat Treating Conditions for Enhancing the Anti-inflammatory Activity of Citrus Fruit (Citrus reticulata) Peels,”Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 56, 2008, pp. 7976-7982.
17. Lin, Chih-Cheng, Hung, Pi-Fong, Ho, Su-Chen, “Heat Treatment Enhances the NO-suppressing and Peroxynitrite-intercepting Activities of Kumquat’s (Fortunella margarita Swingle) Peel,”Food Chemistry, Vol. 109, 2008, pp. 95-103.
18. Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Tsai, Po-Jung, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Protective Capacities of Certain Spices Against Peroxynitrite-mediated Biomolecular Damage,”Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 46, 2008, pp. 920-928.
19. Ho, Su-Chen, Hwang, Lucy Sun, Shen, Yi-Jane, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Suppressive Effect of a Proanthocyanidin-rich Extract from Longan (Dimocarpus longan Lour.) Flowers on Nitric Oxide Production in LPS-Stimulated Macrophage Cells,”Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 55, No. 26, 2007, pp. 10664-10670.
20. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Ho, Su-Chen, “In vitro Inhibitory Effects of Rosemary Extracts on Growth and Glucosyltransferase Activity of Streptococcus sobrinus,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 105, 2007, pp. 311-316.
21. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Ho, Su-Chen, “Evaluation of NO-suppressing Activity of Several Mediterranean Culinary Spices,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 45, 2007, pp. 440-447.
22. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Ho, Su-Chen, “Comparison of NO-scavenging and NO-suppressing Activities of Different Herbal Teas with those of Green Tea,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 103, 2007, pp. 181-187.
23. Lin, Chih-Cheng, Lu, Min-Jer, Chen, Shen-Jen, Ho, Su-Chen, “Heavy Fermentation Impacts NO-Suppressing Activity of Tea in LPS-activated RAW 264.7 Macrophages,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 98, 2006, pp. 483-489.
24. Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Tsai, Po-Jung, Ho, Su-Chen, “Antioxidant and Antiinflammatory Activities of Several Commonly Used Spices,” Journal of Food Science, Vol. 70, No. 1, 2005, pp. pp. C93-C97.
25. Tsai, Po-Jung, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Hsu SP, Lee YH, Huang IT, Ho, Su-Chen, Chu CH “Maternal plasma adiponectin concentrations at 24 to 31 weeks of gestation: Negative association with gestational diabetes mellitus” Nutrition, Vol. 21, No. 11-12, 2005, pp.1095-9 •
26. Tsai, Po-Jung, Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai LP, Lee YH, Hsu SP, Yang SP, Chu CH, Yu, Chun-Hsien, “Lack of relationship between beta3-adrenergic receptor gene polymorphism and gestational diabetes mellitus in a Taiwanese population” Metabolism, Vol. 53, No. 9, 2004, pp.1136-9.
27. Tsai, Po-Jung, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Hsu SP, Lee YH, Chiou CH, Hsu YW, Ho, Su-Chen, Chu CH. “Cord plasma concentrations of adiponectin and leptin in healthy term neonates: positive correlation with birthweight and neonatal adiposity” Clin. Endocrinol. Vol. 61, 2004, pp. 88-93.
28. Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai, Po-Jung, ”Comparison of the effects of "hot" and "cold" Chinese medicinal plants on the production of inflammatory mediators by RAW 264.7 cells” Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2004, pp. 120-127.
Research Interest: Directed Toward the Idenfication of
Bioactive Compound, the Total Synthesis, and Structural Modification of Natural
Products from Chinese Herds, Drug Design and Synthesis Based on Natural Lead
Compounds, Mechanism Study of Natural Products, Peptide Investigation Initiated
from Natural Resources, the Interface of Organic Chemistry and Cell Biology.
Research Interest: A
Biomedical Researcher with a Focus on Neurobehavioral, Metabolic and Endocrine
Dr. Gorelik has nearly 35 years of experience in clinical medicine and research. He has published more than 60 scientific publications. Currently, Dr. Gorelik serves as the Head of the Department of Internal Medicine "F" in the Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel. He is also a Clinical Senior Lecturer in the Sackler Faculty of Medicine of the Tel Aviv University.
Research Interest: Diabetes,
Orthostatic Hypotension, Magnesium Metabolism, Heart Failure and Hospital
Number of Publications: 57
Research Interest: Application of
Multiple Linear and Logistic Regression Models, Applied Longitudinal Data
Analysis, Generalized Linear and Non-Linear Mixed Models, and Survival
Analysis; Epidemiology of Chronic Diseases Including Alcohol use Disorders and
Drug Abuse, Alzheimer’s Disease, Cancer, Obesity and Diabetes, Heart Disease and
Stroke; Genetic Epidemiology of Complex Diseases Including Alcohol Dependence
And Comorbidity, Obesity, Diabetes and Related Conditions, Depression and
Research Interest: Cardiovascular
Disease, Electrophysiology, Pacemaker, ICD and CRT Therapy, Metabolic Syndrome,
Bidirectional Effect of CVD and CKD
Research Interest: Epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of fatty liver (metabolic and viral); genetic determinants of fatty liver; metabolic syndrome; insulin resistance; association between fatty liver, metabolic syndrome, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases; liver ultrasonography.
Research Interest: It
is Mainly Lies in Two Areas. First I Focused on Applying Statistical Methods and
Multilevel Modeling in Randomized Clinical Trials and Family-Based
Health-Related Interventions, Particularly in Substance Abuse, HIV/AIDS, STD,
Sexual Risk Behaviors and Minority Health Disparities. Second, I am Interested in
Epidemiology Studies 0f Chronic Disease Including Alcohol Use Disorder, Drug Abuse,
Obesity, Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiovascular Disease and
Stroke; and Also from Genetic Epidemiology Point of View to Examine Complex
Disease Including Alcohol Dependence and Co-Morbidity, and Alzheimer Disease
Research Interest: Liver Cirrhosis, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Liver, Hepatitis, Chronic Hepatitis C, Cirrhosis, Bacteria, Virulence Factors, Cells
Research Interest: Nutrition,
Obesity, Weight, Diet
China Diabetes Impact Study is funded by IDF and technically supported by Division of Diabetes Translation of CDC. It is a follow-up study of China National Diabetes and Metabolic Disorder Study. A total of 12 study sites participated in the China Diabetes Impact Study. I am the national program coordinator and the investigator of Beijing study site. All study participants with DM, NDM and IGR were interviewed and collected information about their health care service use, medical expenditure, etc.
Published On: April 27, 2021 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: October 09, 2020 | Pages: 053 - 059Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 25, 2020 | Pages: 042 - 052Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 09, 2020 | Pages: 036 - 041Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 06, 2020 | Pages: 034 - 035Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 05, 2020 | Pages: 024 - 028Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 05, 2020 | Pages: 018 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 11, 2020 | Pages: 012 - 017Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 13, 2020 | Pages: 009 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 05, 2020 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Start monthly issue with ten articles in it which would be helpful for the growth of the Journal. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publishing their valuable and interesting research work.I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in our publication process is Fast review. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
A good journal which is considerate and helpful in publishing your work.
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair. The journal should get impact factor and indexing in major databases. Manuscript submission in this journal is nice and easy. I will recommend this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. The submission and publication timeline process are going in the exact way. I can find the required information in the journal website easily.
About my experience in publishing
with Peertechz Publications...
Good communication, Quick responses,
Friendly stuff, Low fees, nice platform for articles
I recommend them for all
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The publication process is professional and short time process. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to associate and contribute to the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quickness.
I definitely confer my services and continue my association as an editor in this journal. The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I suggest to all EB members of IJNNN can organise some Special issue for journal growth. Manuscript submission process in this journal is trouble-free. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I recommend to my staff for manuscripts submission in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I like to continue as an editor in this journal and give my services. The comments we are getting from editors and reviewers are fair. The journal should send the each and every information of the journal to EB and RB members. Manuscript submission process is easy as well as user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting reputed indexing services. I will intimate my co- researchers to submit their future works in this journal for publication. The manuscript submission and publication time line is more accurate. I mostly like the repaid peer review process in the journal.I can easily find the required information, if needed.
It has been a pleasure to work with the team of JGRO. The team has worked efficiently to have the research manuscript reviewed and published. The team works in good coordination and responds to the enquiries in a timely fashion. I am overall satisfied with their work.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry