2007-2011, School of Life Science, Anhui University
BSc with the first class honors in Biological Engineering
2011-2017, Institute of Soil Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences – Ph.D.
Research topic focused on “soil microbial community and function”
2017-2020, Assistant Professor, Department of Ecological Sciences, Anhui University
2018-Present, Academic Secretary, Key Laboratory of Wetland Ecosystem Protection
2019-Present, Research Group Leader, Department of Ecological Sciences, Anhui University
2020-Present, Associate Professor, Department of Ecological Sciences, Anhui University
2021-Present, Specialist, Department of Ecology and Environment of Anhui Province
2016, National Scholarship for Postgraduate Students
2017, Outstanding Young Scientist of Anhui University
2018, First Prize of Teaching Competition of Anhui University
2020, Teaching Excellence Award for undergraduate of Anhui University
2021, First prize of Science and Technology Progress of Chinese Soil Society
Research Interest: Microbial Ecology
1). PI: Xingjia Xiang. National Natural Science Foundation of China (2018-2021). Total direct costs: ¥ 230K.
2). PI: Xingjia Xiang. Natural Science Foundation of Department of Education of Anhui Province (2018-2020). Total direct costs: ¥ 60K.
3). PI: Xingjia Xiang. Funds for high-level talents of Anhui University (2017-2022). Total direct costs: ¥ 120K.
4). PI: Xingjia Xiang. Commissioned research projects from Anhui Academy of Hydraulic Sciences (2021-2022). Total direct costs: ¥ 300K.
5). PI: Xingjia Xiang. Commissioned research projects from Jiangxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences (2019-2022). Total direct costs: ¥ 200K.
6). PI: Xingjia Xiang. Commissioned research projects from Nanjing Academy of Environmental Sciences (2019-2021). Total direct costs: ¥ 250K.
7). PI: Xingjia Xiang. Commissioned research projects from County Government (2021-2023). Total direct costs: ¥ 330K.
8). PI: Xingjia Xiang. Commissioned research projects from Hemei Environmental Protection Co., LTD (2021-2024). Total direct costs: ¥320K.
List of Publications:
*: Corresponding author; #: Contributed equally
1). Jiangjian Kong, Xingjia Xiang, Jian Yang. 2021. Wildfire alters the linkage between total and available soil C:N:P ratios and the stoichiometric effects on fine root growth in a Chinese boreal larch forest. Plant and Soil, in press.
2). Xingjia Xiang, Lele Jin, Zhuoqing Yang, Nazhong Zhang, Feng Zhang. 2021. Dramatic shifts in intestinal fungal community between wintering Hooded Crane and Domestic Goose. Avian Research, 12:1.
3). Decheng Gu, Xingjia Xiang, Yucheng Wu, Jun Zeng, Xiangui Lin. 2021. Synergy between fungi and bacteria promotes polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon cometabolism in lignin-amended soil. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 425:127958.
4). Lele Jin, Xingjia Xiang*, Jinyi Zhang, Jie Zhang, Ming Liu, Wenjing Qin, Jingrui Chen, Xiaofen Chen, Changxu Xu, Jia Liu. 2021. Dramatic shifts in fungal communities following application of hairy vetch (Vicia villosa Roth L.) in upland of Ultisol. European Journal of Soil Biology, 106:103349.
5). Yuying Ma, Huanchao Zhang, Daozhong Wang, Xisheng Guo, Teng Yang, Xingjia Xiang, Florian Walder, Haiyan Chu. 2021. Differential Responses of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungal Communities to Long-Term Fertilization in the Wheat Rhizosphere and Root Endosphere. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 87:17.
6). Xingjia Xiang, Jonathan Adams, Caifei Qiu, Wenjing Qin, Jingrui Chen, Lele Jin, Changxu Xu, Jia Liu. 2021. Nutrient improvement and soil acidification inducing contrary effects on bacterial community structure following application of hairy vetch (Vicia villosa Roth L.) in Ultisol. Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment, 312:107348.
7). Binghua Sun, Xiaojuan Xu, Yingna Xia, Yumei Cheng, Shuxin Mao, Xinagjia Xiang, Dongpo Xia, Xi Wang, Jinhua Li. 2020. Variation of Gut Microbiome in Free-Ranging Female Tibetan Macaques (Macaca Thibetana) across Different Reproductive States. Animals, 11:1.
8). Qian Li#, Xingjia Xiang#, Yikang Li, Li Lin, Fawei Zhang, Guangmin Cao. 2020. Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal community structure following different grazing intensities in alpine grassland. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 85: 1620-1633
9). Xia Wan, Yu Jiang, Yuyan Cao, Binghua Sun, Xingjia Xiang*. 2020. Divergence in Gut Bacterial Community Structure between Male and Female Stag Beetles Odontolabis fallaciosa (Coleoptera, Lucanidae). Animals, 10(12): 2352.
10). Rong Fu, Xingjia Xiang, Yuanqiu Dong, Lei Chen, Lizhi Zhou. 2020. Comparing the intestinal bacterial communies of sympatric wintering Hooded Crane (Grus monacha) and Domestic Goose (Anser anser domesticus). Avian Research,11: 13.
11). Miaomiao Wang#, Xingjia Xiang#, Xia Wan. 2020. Divergence in Gut Bacterial Community Among Life Stages of the Rainbow Stag Beetle Phalacrognathus muelleri (Coleptera: Lucanidae). Insects, 11(10):719.
12). Fenglin Zhang, Xingjia Xiang, Yuanqiu Dong, Lizhi Zhou. 2020. Significant Differences in the Gut Bacterial Communities of Hooded Crane (Grus monacha) in Different Seasons at a Stopover Site on the Flyway. Animals,10(4):701.
13). Xingjia Xiang, Jia Liu, Jie Zhang, Daming Li, Changxu Xu, Yakov Kuzyakov. 2020. Divergence in fungal abundance and community structure between soils under long-term mineral and organic fertilization. Soil and Tillage Research, 196: 104491.
14). Jia Liu, Daming Li, Changxu Xu, Xingjia Xiang*. 2020. Differential responses of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal communities to mineral and organic fertilization. MicrobiologyOpen, 9(1): e00920.
15). Xingjia Xiang, Sean Gibbons, He Li, Haihua Shen, Haiyan Chu. 2020. Proximate grassland and shrub-encroached sites show dramatic restructuring of soil bacterial communities. PeerJ, 7:e7304.
16). Yuanqiu Dong, Xingjia Xiang, Guanghong Zhao, Lizhi Zhou. 2019. Variations in gut bacterial communities of hooded crane (Grus monacha) over spatial-temporal scales. PeerJ, 7:e7045.
17). Xingjia Xiang, Fengling Zhang, Rong Fu, Shaofei Yan, Lizhi Zhou. 2019. Significant Differences in Bacterial and Potentially Pathogenic Communities Between Sympatric Hooded Crane and Greater White-Fronted Goose. Frontiers in Microbiology, 10:163.
18). Xingjia Xiang, Sean Gibbons, He Li, Haihua Shen, Jing Yun Fang, Haiyan Chu. 2018. Shrub encroachment is associated with changes in soil bacterial community composition in a temperate grassland ecosystem. Plant and Soil, 425(1):1-13.
19). Yu Shi, Yuntao Li, Xingjia Xiang, Ruibo Sun, Teng Yang, Dan He, Yingying Ni, Yongguan Zhu, Jonathan Adams, Haiyan Chu. 2018. Spatial scale affects the relative role of stochasticity versus determinism in soil bacterial communities in wheat fields across the North China Plain. Microbiome, 6: 27.
20). Kunkun Fan, Cesar Cardona, Yuntao Li, Yu Shi, Xingjia Xiang, Congcong Shen, Hongfei Wang, Gilbert Jack, Haiyan Chu. 2017. Rhizosphere-associated bacterial network structure and spatial distribution differ significantly from bulk soil in wheat crop fields. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 113: 275-284
21). Xingjia Xiang, Dan He, Jinsheng He, 2017. Ammonia-oxidizing bacteria rather than archaea respond to short-term urea amendment in an alpine grassland. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 107: 218-225.
22). Dan He, Xingjia Xiang, Jinsheng He, 2016. Composition of soil fungal community is more sensitive to phosphorus than nitrogen addition in alpine meadow on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 52: 1059-1072.
23). Xingjia Xiang, Sean Gibbons, Jinsheng He, Haiyan Chu. 2016. Rapid response of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal communities to short-term fertilization in an alpine grassland on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. PeerJ
24). Haiyan Chu, Xingjia Xiang*, Jian Yang, 2016. Effects of Slope Aspects on Soil Bacterial and Arbuscular Fungal Communities in a Boreal Forest in China. Pedosphere, 26: 226-234.
25). Xingjia Xiang, Sean Gibbons, Jian Yang, Haiyan Chu. 2015. Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal communities show low resistance and high resilience to wildfire disturbance. Plant and Soil, 397: 347-356
26). Jianjian Kong, Jian Yang, Haiyan Chu, Xingjia Xiang. 2015. Effects of wildfire and topography on soil nitrogen availability in a boreal larch forest of northeastern China. International Journal of Wildland Fire, 24: 433-442.
27). Yu Shi#, Xingjia Xiang#, Congcong Shen, Haiyan Chu, et al. 2015. Vegetation-Associated Impacts on Arctic Tundra Bacterial and Microeukaryotic Communities. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 81: 492-501.
28). Xingjia Xiang, Yu Shi, Jian Yang, et al. 2014. Rapid recovery of soil bacterial communities after wildfire in a Chinese boreal forest. Scientific Reports, 4, 3829.
Master Degree, Hydraulic Engineering, University of Cagliari (Laurea Magna cum Laude – 110/100 e Lode), Thesis: A water quality optimization modelling for complex water systems, November 2002.
Ph.D., Water Resource Systems Analysis, University of Cagliari, Thesis: A mixed optimization - simulation approach for complex water resource systems analysis, February 2006.
Research Interest: water system, water quality, reservoirs and lakes, coastal morphology.
Grant funded by the Sardinian Regional Government for the research project on Development of a combined optimization-simulation approach for complex water system under drought conditions. 2007.
Grant for appointment as Adjunct Assistant Professor funded by the Sardinian Regional Government under the Operative Programme of the European Social Fund (POR FSE Sardegna 2007-2013). 2010– 2012.
Who’s Who in the World 2011 – 2012.
Grants funded by the University of Cagliari based on teaching and research quality indicators. 2012 – 2015.
Articles in Referred Journals:
1. Sechi, G.M. and Sulis, A. (2007), Multi-reservoir system optimization using chlorophyll-a trophic indexes, Water Resources Management, 21(5), 849-860, ISSN 0920-4741.
2. Sechi, G.M. and Sulis, A. (2009), Dynamic attribution of water quality indexes in a multi-reservoir optimization model, Desalination, 237(1), ISSN 0011-9164.
3. Sulis, A. (2009), GRID computing approach for multireservoir operating rules with uncertainty, Environmental Modelling & Software, 24(7), 859-864, ISSN 1364-8152.
Curriculum Vitae Dr Andrea Sulis, PhD iv
4. Sechi, G.M. and Sulis, A. (2009), Water system management through a mixed optimization-simulation approach, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 135(3), 160-170, ISSN 0733-9496.
5. Atzeni, A., Pedone, C. and Sulis, A. (2009), Morfologia del Saliente di Is Morus – Pula (CA) e idrodinamica attorno allo scoglio antistante, Studi Costieri, 16, 73-88, ISSN 1129-8588 (In Italian).
6. Sechi, G.M. and Sulis, A. (2010), Drought mitigation using operative indicators in complex water systems, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 35(3-5), 195-203, ISSN 1474-7065.
7. Sulis, A., Buscarinu, P. and Sechi, G.M. (2011), Using reservoir trophic-state indexes in optimization modeling of water-resource systems, Environmental Modelling & Software, 26(6), 731-738, ISSN 1364-8152.
8. McIntosh, B.S., Ascough, J.C., Twery, M., Chew, J., Elmahdi, A., Haase, D., Harou, J.J., Hepting, D., Cuddy, S., Jakeman, A.J., Chen, S., Kassahun, Lautenbach, A. S., Matthews, K., Merritt, W., Quinn, N.W.T., Rodriguez-Roda, I., Sieber, S., Stavenga, M., Sulis, A., Ticehurst, J., Volk, M., Wrobel, M., van Delden, H., El-Sawah, S., Rizzoli, A. and A. Voinov, (2011), Environmental decision support systems (EDSS) development – Challenges and best practices. Environmental Modelling & Software, 26 (12), 1389-1402, ISSN 1364-8152.
9. Atzeni, A. and Sulis, A. (2012), Field measurements of tug waves in the Cagliari Harbor, Italy, Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 138(1), 72-76, ISSN 0733-950X.
10. Sulis, A. and Sechi, G.M. (2013), Comparison of generic simulation models for water resource systems. Environmental Modelling & Software, 40, 214-225, ISSN 1364-8152.
11. Sulis, A., Buscarinu, P., Soru, O. and Sechi, G.M. (2013), Trophic state and toxic cyanobacteria density in optimization modeling of multi-reservoir water resource systems. Toxins, 6(4), 1366-1384, ISSN 2072-6651.
12. Sulis, A. and Annis, A. (2014). Morphological response of a sandy shoreline to a natural obstacle at Sa Mesa Longa beach, Italy. Coastal Engineering, 84, 10-22, ISSN 0378-3839.
13. Sulis, A., (2016). An optimisation model for reservoir operation. Water Management. DOI: 10.1680/jwama.15.00048, ISSN 1741-7589.
14. Sulis, A., Balzano, A., Cabras, C., and Atzeni, A. (2017). On the applicability of empirical formulas for natural salients to Sardinia (Italy) beaches. Geomorphology, 286, 1-13, ISSN 0169-555X.
15. Sulis, A., Cozza, R., and Annis, A. (2017). Extreme wave analysis methods in the Gulf of Cagliari (South Sardinia, Italy). Ocean & Coastal Management, 140, 79-87, ISSN 0964-5691.
16. Sulis, A., (2017). Improved Implicit Stochastic Optimization technique systems under drought conditions: the case study of Agri-Sinni water system. International Journal of River Basin Management. DOI: 10.1080/15715124.2017.1378225, ISSN: 1571-5124.
17. Sulis, A., Frongia, S., Liberatore, S., Zucca, R. and Sechi, G.M. (2018). Combining water supply and flood control purposes in the Coghinas Basin (Sardinia, Italy). International Journal of River Basin Management. DOI: 10.1080/15715124.2018.1476366, ISSN: 1571-5124.
18. Sulis, A., (2018). Minor structures for the improvement of wave disturbance in a small harbor. ACE – 9249407. Advances in Civil Engineering. ISSN: 1687-8094.
Skype ID: andrea.sulis
Research Interest: Disease Ecology and Pathogenesis of the
North American Orthopoxviruses.
Research Interest: Evaluation Design and Implementation;
Environment and Development; Food Security; Agricultural and Rural Development;
Community-Based Forestry; Participatory Methods; Adults Training.
Research Interest: Ecological Economics, Ecosystem
Services, Social Protection, Poverty, Bioenergy, Climate Change, Latin America,
Africa, Asia Pacific.
Research Interest: Placozoa, Basal Animal Ecology, Marine
Ecology, Global Warming, Coral Reef Ecology.
Research Interest: Aerobiology, Phenology, Quercus, Olea, Climate
Change, Mediterranean Forest.
Research Interest: Theoretical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Mathematical
Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Molecular Modelling, Simulation, and
Design, Computer-Aided Drug Design and Development, Molecular Graphics and
Representation of Molecular Properties.
Research Interest: Revegetation, Mycorrhizas,
Desertification Control, Soil Microbiology, Molecular Ecology, Biodiversity.
Research Interest: Environmental Pollution, Heavy Metals, Soil Pollution,
Spatial Analysis, Geostatistics, Environmental Impact Assessment.
Research Interest: Theoretical Ecology, Spatial Ecology,
Mathematical Modelling, Marine Ecology, Ecosystem Functioning, Plankton
Research Interest: Mosquitoes, Vector, Malaria, Filarial,
High school of Alkhawarizmi, Ministry of National Education, Higher education, Scientific research and Vocational Training of Morocco University of Caddy Ayyad, Faculty of Sciences Semlalia, Laboratory of Pharmacology, Neurobiology and Behaviour, Marrakech, Morocco.PhD degree (National Doctorate) 2014, at the University of Caddy Ayyad, Faculty of Sciences Semlalia, Laboratory of Pharmacology, Neurobiology and Behaviour, Marrakech, Morocco. Title: “Distribution, demography and behavior of the Barbary macaque (Macaca sylvanus) and their interactions with human local populations in the Central High Atlas of Morocco.
Research Interest: Ecology; Ethology; Zoology; Biodiversity and conservation; Evolutionary Biology; Wildlife Management; Endangered species.
Grant Details: 2015 Saudi Arabia's Award for Environmental Management. *2015 Appreciation Certificate: awarded by the Minister Delegate to the Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Executive Training, Morocco.
Research Interest: Water and Soil Pollution, Experimental
Research Interest: Ecophysiology of Aquatic Organisms, Climate Change,
Research Interest: Biodiversity Conservation, Butterflies,
Dispersal, Metapopulation, Population Ecology, Species Monitoring.
Research Interest: Marine and Transitional Zones Ecology, Ostracoda
(Crustacea) - Fisheries, Environmental Monitoring and Ecosystem Approach,
Specializing in Governance, Ecological Balances.
Research Interest: Alpine Ecology; Ecosystem Management;
Research Interest: Radiation and Radionuclide Assessment in
the Oil and Gas Rich Niger Delta Region (See Most of His Publications), With
Special Interest in Oil And Gas Installations and Facilities, Background Ionizing
Radiation (BIR) in Nigeria Cities, Modeling of Radioactivity Pollutant
Transportation, Noise Pollution Measurement in Cities and Noise Prone
Industrial Areas, Background Non- Ionizing Radiation (Bnir) Measurement from GSM
Mask and Phones, Groundwater and Soil Quality Investigation in Oil and Gas
Exploitation Areas, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Catholic University of Lyon, France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering