Research Interest: Nursing
Funding Information: We feel our earnest responsibility and goal to safeguard the information you provide in EBM form and in your CV. The information provided by you is kept confidential when you use the services of Heighten Science Publication. We will use our best efforts to confirm that the information you submit to us remains private. Heighten Science Publication may access, preserve and disclose your information and content if required by law or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the company, its users and the public.
Number of publications: 16
Prof Ameersing Luximon is currently Professor of Practice at GTSI in the Industrial Design area. He is also president of the Hong Kong Ergonomics society (HKES) and council member of the IEA. Previously, Dr Luximon worked as Associate Professor of fashion design in Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). Dr Luximon completed his PhD from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). He has more than 20 years working experience in academia and industry. He has more than 160 publications. He is the editor of the handbook of footwear design and manufacture (2013 and 2021) and editor of the International Shibori symposi¬um proceedings (2011-2016). He was the program chair for the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (USA) Product design Technical Group (2011, 2012). His teaching and research areas include Ergonomics in Design; wearable product design; Biomechanics and health Application, AI in Design; social robots; and entrepreneurship, innovation, and creativity.
Research Interest: Ergonomics, Digital Human modelling, wearable product design, Smart product design, Smart Health system design, Active aging,
1. RGC GRF 2011-2012 (36 months) Interactive Robotic Mannequin Design for Fashion Industry (HK$783,374) Co-Investigator, Principal Investigator: Chan C.K.
2. ITF/HKRITA 2008, Innovation and Technology Fund Advanced Clothing Functional Design CAD Technologies (II) (HK$6,070,850) Co-Investigator, Principal Investigator: Li Y.
3. RGC GRF (2009-2011) Effects of plantar supports on loading for high heel shoe design (HK$581K) Co-Investigator, Principal Investigator: Zhang M.
4. ITF (2007/2008) Development of a digit human foot system for design and evaluation of healthcare and fashionable shoes Principal Investigator (HK$998K) Co-Investigator, Principal Investigator: Zhang M.
5. Central Research Grant DGRF (2016), Comparison of Chemicals Components on the 3D Foot Surface Between Different Age Group, (HK$200K), Principal Investigator, Co-Investigators: Yip YM and Kan CW
6. CERG 2012-2013 Rated 3.5, Interactive Walls: Photonic Textiles and Deployable Structures for Adaptive and Interactive Interiors (HK$200K) Co-Investigator. Principal Investigator: Jeanne Tan
7. ICRG 2011-2012, Accurate quantification of chemical molecules on the 3D foot surface (HK$200K) Principal Investigator, Co-Investigator: Kan C. W.
8. ICRG 2011-2012 Designing and Developing Non-aqueous and Durable Antimicrobial Finishing for Cotton (HK$200K) Co-Investigator, Principal Investigator: Kan C. W.
9. CERG 2009-2010 Rated 3.5, Interactive Robotic Mannequin Design for Fashion Industry (HK$105K) Co-Investigator, Principal Investigator: Chan C. C.
10. ICRG 2009-2010, Three-dimensional Prediction Model for Elderly Foot, (HK$100K), Principal Investigator, Co-Investigator: Zhang M.
11. ICRG 2008-2009 Design and Development of Custom Back Support System Integrated with Clothing (HK$120K), Principal Investigator, Co-Investigator: Ng MCF
12. Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme 2009, Cellular Interactive Behaviors of Keratin Functional Peptide Conjugated Nanoparticles, (HK$696K) Co-Investigator, Principal Investigator: Li Y.
13. Postdoctoral Fellowship2003 Footwear fitting for Diabetic Mellitus (HK$850K) Co-Investigator, Principal Investigator: Zhang M.
List of Publications: (selected)
1. Song, Y., Luximon, A., & Luximon, Y. (2021). The effect of facial features on facial anthropomorphic trustworthiness in social robots. Applied Ergonomics, 94, 103420.
2. Ganesan, B., Yip, J., Luximon, A., Gibbons, P. J., Chivers, A., Balasankar, S. K., ... & Al-Jumaily, A. (2021). Infrared Thermal Imaging for Evaluation of Clubfoot After the Ponseti Casting Method—An Exploratory Study. Frontiers in Pediatrics, 9, 321.
3. Luximon, A., Jiang, L., and Luximon, Y. (2020). Sizing and grading methods with consideration of footwear styles. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 78, 102960.
4. Ganesan, B., Yip, J., Al-Jumaily, A., Fong, S. S., Kothe Balasankar, S., AM Batlle, E., ... and Luximon, A. (2019). A novel 3D evaluation method for assessing bone to bone relationships in clubfoot. European review for medical and pharmacological sciences. 2019; 23: 1882-1890
5. Chen, T. L. W., Wong, D. W. C., Xu, Z., Tan, Q., Wang, Y., Luximon, A., & Zhang, M. (2018). Lower limb muscle co-con¬traction and joint loading of flip-flops walking in male wearers. PloS one, 13(3), e0193653.
6. Ganesan, B., Luximon, A., Al-Jumaily, A. A., Yip, J., Gibbons, P. J., & Chivers, A. (2018). Developing a Three-Dimensional (3D) Assessment Method for Clubfoot—A Study Protocol. Frontiers in Physiology, 8, 1098.
7. Kwok, Garcia, Joanne Yip, Kit-Lun Yick, Mei-Chun Cheung, Chi-Yung Tse, Sun-Pui Ng, and Ameersing Luximon. “Postur¬al screening for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis with infrared thermography.” Scientific reports,7, no. 1 (2017): 14431.
8. Ganesan, B., Luximon, A., Al-Jumaily, A., Balasankar, S.K. and Naik, G.R., 2017. Ponseti method in the management of clubfoot under 2 years of age: A systematic review. PloS one, 12(6), p.e0178299.
9. Barik, S., Khandual, A., Behera, L., Badamali, S.K. and Luximon, A., 2017. Nano-Mg–Al-layered double hydroxide applica¬tion to cotton for enhancing mechanical, UV protection and flame retardancy at low cytotoxicity level. Cellulose, 24(2), pp.1107-1120.
10. Balasankar, G., Luximon, A. and Al-Jumaily, A., 2016. Current conservative management and classification of club foot: A review. Journal of pediatric rehabilitation medicine, 9(4), pp.257-264.
11. Ganesan, B., Fong, K.N.K., Luximon, A. and Al-Jumaily, A. (2016). Kinetic and kinematic analysis of gait pattern of 13 year old children with unilateral genu valgum, European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences 2016; 20: 3168–3171.
12. Ganesan, B., Al-Jumaily, A. and Luximon, A. (2016). 3D Printing Technology Applications in Occupational Therapy, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation – International, Special Article – Occupational Therapy, Vol 3 Issue 3, 1–4.
Skype ID: Ameersing Luximon
and family caregivers, Stress and Coping, Resourcefulness, Cross-cultural
studies, geriatrics, minority health, and gero-psychiatry.
disability, developmental disability, developmental delays, Vietnam, families
of children with disabilities
Adults, Personality, Personality Disorders, Autism, Psychotherapy, Assessment,
Supplements, Africa, Nutrition Policy, Food Labels, Diet And Chronic Diseases
Research Interest: Social Epidemiology, participatory research,
maternal health, inequalities, sexually transmitted infections, partner
Studies, Lensspiritual, Physical, Intellectual.
Eating Behaviors, Behavior Change, Qualitative Methods, Photo-Elicitation
Research Interest: Epidemiology, Community Medicine, Gene-Environment
Structural Brain Imaging, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Depression, Stress and Trauma-Related Disorders, Alexithymia.
Research Interest: Population-Based Intervention and
Prevention Regional Concepts of Health Care, Central Data Management, Quality
Research Interest: Epidemiology, Public Health, Community Health,
Chronic Disease Prevention, Health Promotion.
Research Interest: Community Health Care, Lung Cancer and
Research Interest: Clinical Epidemiology and
Evidence-Based Medicine, Particularly in Gastroenterology and Paediatrics
Research Interest: Public Health, Nutrition, Anemia,
Pregnancy Outcome, Prevention, Environmental Epidemiology.
Research Interest: Early Childhood Caries, Public Health Dentistry, Special Care Dentistry, Trauma/ Sports Dentistry/ Mouth guards, Pulp therapy, Interceptive orthodontics, E-learning, Forensic, dentistry, Field Dentistry
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, USA
Archives of Clinical Hypertension
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Dr. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Archive of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Vingolo Enzo Maria
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Journal of Clinical Research and Ophthalmology
William CS Cho
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions