Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Tel: + 34630547170
Fax: + 34 937398225
Graduated in Physical Education from Universidade Luterana do Brasil-ULBRA. Post-graduation in
Exercise Physiology and Training Prescription by Gama Filho University of Rio de Janeiro.
Master and PhD in Biological Sciences - Biochemistry by Federal University of Rio Grande do
Sul-UFRGS. Currently is linked to the National Postdoctoral Program of CAPES (PNPD /
CAPES) and collaborator of the Department of Biochemistry of UFRGS. As a researcher, has
experience with several experimental models, including rodents, cell culture and clinical studies.
Current research projects focus on the investigation of neuronal dysfunctions associated with
inflammatory processes. Immuno-neutralization of proteins, pharmacological agents, diets and
physical exercise are some of the methods used as therapeutic alternatives to treat
neuropathologies that the inflammation is involved.
Research Interest: Biochemistry, physiology and nutrition
Grants: 2017 Travel Award - Paris, France, International Society of Neurochemistry
19. List of Publications:
1.RIBEIRO, CAMILA T. ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; PORTELA, L. V. C. ; MOREIRA, J. C. F. ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Immune neutralization of the receptor for advanced glycation end products reduce liver oxidative damage induced by an acute systemic injection of lipopolysaccharide. JOURNAL OF BIOCHEMISTRY , p. 1-15, 2018.
2.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; GIRARDI, CAROLINA S. ; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; RIBEIRO, CAMILA T. ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ C. F. ; MICHELS, MONIQUE ; SONAI, BEATRIZ ; ROCHA, MARIANE ; STECKERT, AMANDA V. ; BARICHELLO, TATIANA ; QUEVEDO, JOÃO ; DAL-PIZZOL, FELIPE ; GELAIN, DANIEL P. . Receptor for advanced glycation end products mediates sepsis-triggered amyloid-β accumulation, Tau phosphorylation, and cognitive impairment. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY , v. 293, p. 226-244, 2018.
3.DE ARAÚJO, FILLIPE M. ; FERREIRA, RAFAEL S. ; SOUZA, CLEIDE S. ; DOS SANTOS, CLEONICE CREUSA ; RODRIGUES, TÁCIO L.R.S. ; E SILVA, JULIANA HELENA C. ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; EL-BACHÁ, RAMON S. ; D. COSTA, MARIA DE FÁTIMA ; FONSECA, JOSÉ CLAUDIO M. ; SEGURA-AGUILAR, JUAN ; COSTA, SILVIA L. ; SILVA, VICTOR DIOGENES A. . Aminochrome decreases NGF, GDNF and induces neuroinflammation in organotypic midbrain slice cultures. NEUROTOXICOLOGY , v. 66, p. 98-106, 2018.
4. GASPAROTTO, J.; RIBEIRO, C. T. ; SILVA, H. T. R. ; BORTOLIN, R. C. ; RABELO, THALLITA K. ; PEIXOTO, D. O. ; MOREIRA, J. C. F. ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Systemic Inflammation Changes the Site of RAGE Expression from Endothelial Cells to Neurons in Different Brain Areas. MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY , v. 31, p. 1-11, 2018.
5.GASPAROTTO, J; CHAVES, P. R. ; MARTINELLO, K. B. ; ROSA, H. ; BORTOLIN, R. C. ; SILVA, L. F. O. ; RABELO, T. K. ; SILVA, J. ; SILVA, F. R. ; NORDIN, A. P. ; SOARES, K. ; BORGES, M. S. ; GELAIN, D. P. ; MOREIRA, J. C. F. . Obese rats are more vulnerable to inflammation, genotoxicity and oxidative stress induced by coal dust inhalation than non-obese rats. ECOTOXICOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY , v. 165, p. 44-51, 2018.
6.KUNZLER, ALICE ; Zeidán-Chuliá, Fares ; GASPAROTTO, J. ; GIRARDI, CAROLINA SAIBRO ; KLAFKE, KARINA ; PETIZ, LYVIA LINTZMAIER ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; ROSTIROLLA, DIANA CAROLINA ; ZANOTTO-FILHO, Alfeu ; DE BITTENCOURT PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO ; DICKSON, PHILLIP ; DUNKLEY, PETER ; Moreira, José Cláudio Fonseca ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Changes in Cell Cycle and Up-Regulation of Neuronal Markers During SH-SY5Y Neurodifferentiation by Retinoic Acid are Mediated by Reactive Species Production and Oxidative Stress. MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY , v. 54, p. 6903-6916, 2017.
7.BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; GASPAROTTO, J. ; VARGAS, AMANDA RODRIGUES ; DA SILVA MORRONE, MAURILIO ; KUNZLER, ALICE ; HENKIN, BERNARDO SALDANHA ; CHAVES, PALOMA RODRIGUES ; RONCATO, SABRINA ; GELAIN, D.P. ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA . Effects of Freeze-Thaw and Storage on Enzymatic Activities, Protein Oxidative Damage, and Immunocontent of the Blood, Liver, and Brain of Rats. Biopreservation and Biobanking , v. 15, p. 182-190, 2017.
8.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; RIBEIRO, CAMILA TIEFENSEE ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; FERNANDES, HENRIQUE SCHAAN ; TEIXEIRA, ALEXSANDER ALVES ; GUASSELLI, MARCELO OTAVIO RODRIGUES ; AGANI, CREPIN AZIZ JOSE O. ; SOUZA, NATÁLIA CABRAL ; GRINGS, MATEUS ; LEIPNITZ, GUILHIAN ; GOMES, HENRIQUE MAUTONE ; DE BITTENCOURT PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO ; DUNKLEY, PETER R. ; DICKSON, PHILLIP W. ; Moreira, José Claudio Fonseca ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Anti-RAGE antibody selectively blocks acute systemic inflammatory responses to LPS in serum, liver, CSF and striatum. BRAIN BEHAVIOR AND IMMUNITY , v. 62, p. 124-136, 2017.
9.BORTOLIN, R C ; VARGAS, A R ; GASPAROTTO, J ; CHAVES, P R ; SCHNORR, C E ; DA BOIT MARTINELLO, K ; SILVEIRA, A K ; RABELO, T K ; GELAIN, D P ; MOREIRA, J C F . A new animal diet based on human Western diet is a robust diet-induced obesity model: Comparison to high-fat and cafeteria diets in term of metabolic and gut microbiota disruption. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF OBESITY , v. 1, p. 1-15, 2017.
10.SOMENSI, NAUANA ; BRUM, PEDRO OZORIO ; DE MIRANDA RAMOS, VITOR ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; ZANOTTO-FILHO, ALFEU ; ROSTIROLLA, DIANA CAROLINA ; DA SILVA MORRONE, MAURILIO ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLAUDIO FONSECA ; PENS GELAIN, DANIEL . Extracellular HSP70 Activates ERK1/2, NF-kB and Pro-Inflammatory Gene Transcription Through Binding with RAGE in A549 Human Lung Cancer Cells. CELLULAR PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY , v. 42, p. 2507-2522, 2017.
11.MOURA, ALANA PIMENTEL ; PARMEGGIANI, BELISA ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; GRINGS, MATEUS ; FERNANDEZ CARDOSO, GABRIELA MIRANDA ; SEMINOTTI, BIANCA ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; WAJNER, MOACIR ; LEIPNITZ, GUILHIAN . Glycine Administration Alters MAPK Signaling Pathways and Causes Neuronal Damage in Rat Brain: Putative Mechanisms Involved in the Neurological Dysfunction in Nonketotic Hyperglycinemia. MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY , v. 1, p. 1-10, 2017.
12.KUNZLER, ALICE ; KOLLING, EDUARDO ANTÔNIO ; DA SILVA-JR, JEFERSON DELGADO ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; DE BITTENCOURT PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Retinol (Vitamin A) Increases α-Synuclein, β-Amyloid Peptide, Tau Phosphorylation and RAGE Content in Human SH-SY5Y Neuronal Cell Line. NEUROCHEMICAL RESEARCH , v. 42, p. 2788-2797, 2017.
13.PETIZ, LYVIA LINTZMAIER ; KUNZLER, ALICE ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; MATTÉ, CRISTIANE ; Moreira, José Claudio Fonseca ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Role of vitamin A oral supplementation on oxidative stress and inflammatory response in the liver of trained rats. Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism , v. 42, p. 1192-1200, 2017.
14.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; RIBEIRO, CAMILA TIEFENSEE ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; RABELO, THALLITA KELLY ; KUNZLER, ALICE ; SOUZA, NATÁLIA CABRAL ; PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO DE BITTENCOURT ; Moreira, José Claudio Fonseca ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Targeted inhibition of RAGE in substantia nigra of rats blocks 6-OHDA-induced dopaminergic denervation. Scientific Reports , v. 7, p. 1-12, 2017.
15.PETIZ, LYVIA LINTZMAIER ; GIRARDI, CAROLINA SAIBRO ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; KUNZLER, ALICE ; GASPAROTTO, J. ; RABELO, THALLITA KELLY ; MATTÉ, C. ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLAUDIO FONSECA ; GELAIN, DANIEL PENS . Vitamin A Oral Supplementation Induces Oxidative Stress and Suppresses IL-10 and HSP70 in Skeletal Muscle of Trained Rats. Nutrients , v. 9, p. 353, 2017.
16.GASPAROTTO, J.; KUNZLER, ALICE ; SENGER, MARIO ROBERTO ; SOUZA, Celeste da Silva Freitas de ; SIMONE, SALVATORE GIOVANNI DE ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; DAL-PIZZOL, FELIPE ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLAUDIO FONSECA ; ABREU-SILVA, ANA LÚCIA ; CALABRESE, K. S. ; SILVA JR, FLORIANO PAES ; GELAIN, DANIEL PENS . N-acetyl-cysteine inhibits liver oxidative stress markers in BALB/c mice infected with Leishmania amazonensis. Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz (Online) , v. 112, p. 146-154, 2017.
17.RABELO, THALLITA KELLY ; GUIMARÃES, ADRIANA GIBARA ; OLIVEIRA, MARLANGE ALMEIDA ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; SERAFINI, MAIRIM RUSSO ; DE SOUZA ARAÚJO, ADRIANO ANTUNES ; QUINTANS-JÚNIOR, LUCINDO JOSÉ ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Shikimic acid inhibits LPS-induced cellular pro-inflammatory cytokines and attenuates mechanical hyperalgesia in mice. International Immunopharmacology (Print) , v. 39, p. 97-105, 2016.
18.MORRONE, MAURILIO DA SILVA ; Schnorr, Carlos Eduardo ; BEHR, GUILHERME ANTÔNIO ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; DA BOIT MARTINELLO, KATIA ; SALDANHA HENKIN, BERNARDO ; RABELLO, THALLITA KELLY ; ZANOTTO-FILHO, ALFEU ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA . Curcumin Supplementation Decreases Intestinal Adiposity Accumulation, Serum Cholesterol Alterations, and Oxidative Stress in Ovariectomized Rats. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity , v. 2016, p. 1-12, 2016.
19.DA SILVA MORRONE, MAURILIO ; Schnorr, Carlos Eduardo ; BEHR, GUILHERME ANTÔNIO ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; MORESCO, KARLA SUZANA ; BITTENCOURT, LEONARDO ; ZANOTTO-FILHO, ALFEU ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA . Oral administration of curcumin relieves behavioral alterations and oxidative stress in the frontal cortex, hippocampus, and striatum of ovariectomized Wistar rats. JOURNAL OF NUTRITIONAL BIOCHEMISTRY , v. 32, p. 181-188, 2016.
20.DE MIRANDA RAMOS, VITOR ; ZANOTTO-FILHO, ALFEU ; DE BITTENCOURT PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO ; KLAFKE, KARINA ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; DUNKLEY, PETER ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA . NRF2 Mediates Neuroblastoma Proliferation and Resistance to Retinoic Acid Cytotoxicity in a Model of In Vitro Neuronal Differentiation. MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY , v. 53, p. 6124-6135, 2016.
21.RABELO, THALLITA KELLY ; ZEIDÁN-CHULIÁ, FARES ; CAREGNATO, FERNANDA FREITAS ; Schnorr, Carlos Eduardo ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; SERAFINI, MAIRIM RUSSO ; DE SOUZA ARAÚJO, ADRIANO ANTUNES ; QUINTANS-JUNIOR, LUCINDO JOSÉ ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . In Vitro Neuroprotective Effect of Shikimic Acid Against Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience , v. 1, p. 1-10, 2015.
22.SANTOS, JULIANA CÉLIA F. ; DE ARAÚJO, ORLANDO R. P. ; VALENTIM, IARA B. ; DE ANDRADE, KÍVIA QUEIROZ ; MOURA, FABIANA ANDRÉA ; SMANIOTTO, SALETE ; DOS SANTOS, JOHN MARQUES ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; GELAIN, DANIEL P. ; GOULART, MARÍLIA O. F. . Choline and Cystine Deficient Diets in Animal Models with Hepatocellular Injury: Evaluation of Oxidative Stress and Expression of RAGE, TNF- α , and IL-1 β. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity , v. 2015, p. 1-11, 2015.
23.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; SENGER, MARIO ROBERTO ; KUNZLER, ALICE ; DEGROSSOLI, ADRIANA ; DE SIMONE, SALVATORE GIOVANNI ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; GIRARDI, CAROLINA SAIBRO ; DE SOUZA, CELESTE DA SILVA FREITAS ; CALABRESE, KÁTIA DA SILVA ; DAL-PIZZOL, FELIPE ; Moreira, José Claudio Fonseca ; SILVA-JR, FLORIANO PAES ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Increased tau phosphorylation and receptor for advanced glycation endproducts (RAGE) in the brain of mice infected with Leishmania amazonensis. BRAIN BEHAVIOR AND IMMUNITY , v. 43, p. 37-45, 2015.
24.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; PETIZ, LYVIA LINTZMAIER ; GIRARDI, CAROLINA SAIBRO ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; DE VARGAS, AMANDA RODRIGUES ; HENKIN, BERNARDO SALDANHA ; CHAVES, PALOMA RODRIGUES ; RONCATO, SABRINA ; MATTÉ, CRISTIANE ; ZANOTTO-FILHO, ALFEU ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Supplementation with vitamin A enhances oxidative stress in the lungs of rats submitted to aerobic exercise. Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism , v. 40, p. 1253-1261, 2015.
25.TONIN, ANELISE MIOTTI ; AMARAL, ALEXANDRE UMPIERREZ ; BUSANELLO, ESTELA NATACHA ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; GELAIN, DANIEL P. ; GREGERSEN, NIELS ; WAJNER, MOACIR . Mitochondrial bioenergetics deregulation caused by long-chain 3-hydroxy fatty acids accumulating in LCHAD and MTP deficiencies in rat brain: A possible role of mPTP opening as a pathomechanism in these disorders?. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. Molecular Basis of Disease , v. 1842, p. 1658-1667, 2014.
26.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; MORESCO, KARLA SUZANA ; GIRARDI, CAROLINA SAIBRO ; KLAFKE, KARINA ; RABELO, THALLITA KELLY ; MORRONE, MAURILIO DA SILVA ; VIZZOTTO, MÁRCIA ; RASEIRA, MARIA DO CARMO BASSOLS ; Moreira, José Claudio Fonseca ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Effects of different products of peach (Prunus persica L. Batsch) from a variety developed in southern Brazil on oxidative stress and inflammatory parameters in vitro and ex vivo. Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition , v. 55, p. 110-119, 2014.
27.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; KUNZLER, ALICE ; GIRARDI, CAROLINA ; PASQUALI, MATHEUS ; RAMOS, VITOR ; SIMOES-PIRES, ANDRE ; QUINTANS-JUNIOR, LUCINDO ; BRANCO, ALEXSANDRO ; MOREIRA, JOSE ; GELAIN, DANIEL . Hecogenin Acetate Inhibits Reactive Oxygen Species Production and Induces Cell Cycle Arrest and Senescence in the A549 Human Lung Cancer Cell Line. Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry , v. 14, p. 1128-1135, 2014.
28.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; BORTOLIN, RAFAEL CALIXTO ; GIRARDI, CAROLINA SAIBRO ; KUNZLER, ALICE ; RABELO, THALLITA KELLY ; Schnorr, Carlos Eduardo ; MORESCO, KARLA SUZANA ; BASSANI, VALQUIRIA LINCK ; YATSU, FRANCINI KIYONO JORGE ; VIZZOTTO, MÁRCIA ; RASEIRA, MARIA DO CARMO BASSOLS ; ZANOTTO-FILHO, ALFEU ; Moreira, José Claudio Fonseca ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Preventive supplementation with fresh and preserved peach attenuates CCl4-induced oxidative stress, inflammation and tissue damage. JOURNAL OF NUTRITIONAL BIOCHEMISTRY , v. 25, p. 1282-1295, 2014.
29.GRINGS, MATEUS ; MOURA, ALANA P. ; AMARAL, ALEXANDRE U. ; PARMEGGIANI, BELISA ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ C.F. ; GELAIN, DANIEL P. ; WYSE, ANGELA T.S. ; WAJNER, MOACIR ; LEIPNITZ, GUILHIAN . Sulfite disrupts brain mitochondrial energy homeostasis and induces mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening via thiol group modification. BIOCHIMICA ET BIOPHYSICA ACTA-MOLECULAR BASIS OF DISEASE , v. 1842, p. 1413-1422, 2014.
30.GRUNWALD, MARCELO SARTORI ; PIRES, ANDRÉ SIMÕES ; ZANOTTO-FILHO, ALFEU ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; DEMARTINI, DIOGO RIBEIRO ; SCHÖLER, CINTHIA MARIA ; DE BITTENCOURT, PAULO IVO HOMEM ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA . The oxidation of HSP70 is associated with functional impairment and lack of stimulatory capacity. CELL STRESS & CHAPERONES , v. 19, p. 913-925, 2014.
31.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; BITTENCOURT PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO ; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; VASQUES, LAURA MILÁN ; Moreira, José Claudio Fonseca ; ALMEIDA, REINALDO NOBREGA ; BARBOSA-FILHO, JOSE MARIA ; FÁTIMA VANDERLEI DE SOUZA, MARIA ; GUTIERREZ, STANLEY JUAN CHAVEZ ; JÚNIOR, LUCINDO JOSÉ QUINTANS ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Effect of N-salicyloyltryptamine (STP), a novel tryptamine analogue, on parameters of cell viability, oxidative stress, and immunomodulation in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Cell Biology and Toxicology , v. 29, p. 175-187, 2013.
32.DE OLIVEIRA, RAMATIS BIRNFELD ; SENGER, MARIO ROBERTO ; VASQUES, LAURA MILAN ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; DOS SANTOS, JOÃO PAULO ALMEIDA ; DE BITTENCOURT PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO ; Moreira, José Claudio Fonseca ; SILVA, FLORIANO PAES ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens . Schistosoma mansoni infection causes oxidative stress and alters receptor for advanced glycation endproduct (RAGE) and tau levels in multiple organs in mice. International Journal for Parasitology , v. 43, p. 371-379, 2013.
33.DA SILVA MORRONE, MAURILIO ; DE ASSIS, ADRIANO MARTIMBIANCO ; DA ROCHA, RICARDO FAGUNDES ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; GAZOLA, ANDRESSA CÓRNEO ; COSTA, GEISON MODESTI ; ZUCOLOTTO, SILVANA MARIA ; CASTELLANOS, LEONARDO H. ; RAMOS, FREDDY A. ; SCHENKEL, ELOIR PAULO ; REGINATTO, FLÁVIO HENRIQUE ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ C.F. . Passiflora manicata (Juss.) aqueous leaf extract protects against reactive oxygen species and protein glycation in vitro and ex vivo models. Food and Chemical Toxicology , v. 60, p. 45-51, 2013.
34.DA ROSA, M. S. ; SEMINOTTI, B. ; AMARAL, A. U. ; FERNANDES, C. G. ; GASPAROTTO, J. ; MOREIRA, J. C. F. ; GELAIN, D. P. ; WAJNER, M. ; LEIPNITZ, G. . Redox homeostasis is compromised in vivo by the metabolites accumulating in 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA lyase deficiency in rat cerebral cortex and liver. Free Radical Research , v. 47, p. 1066-1075, 2013.
35.GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO; SOMENSI, NAUANA ; CAREGNATO, FERNANDA F. ; RABELO, THALLITA K. ; DABOIT, KÁTIA ; OLIVEIRA, MARCOS L.S. ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ C.F. ; GELAIN, DANIEL P. . Coal and tire burning mixtures containing ultrafine and nanoparticulate materials induce oxidative stress and inflammatory activation in macrophages. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT , v. 463-464, p. 743-753, 2013.
36.DE BITTENCOURT PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; ZEIDÁN-CHULIÁ, FARES ; PIRES, ANDRÉ SIMÕES ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; TERRA, SILVIA RESENDE ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA . Vitamin A (retinol) downregulates the receptor for advanced glycation endproducts (RAGE) by oxidant-dependent activation of p38 MAPK and NF-kB in human lung cancer A549 cells. CELLULAR SIGNALLING , v. 1, p. 939-954, 2013.
37.BITTENCOURT PASQUALI, MATHEUS AUGUSTO ; Oliveira, Marcos Roberto ; DE BASTIANI, MARCO ANTÔNIO ; Rocha, Ricardo Fagundes ; Schnorr, Carlos Eduardo ; GASPAROTTO, JUCIANO ; GELAIN, Daniel Pens ; MOREIRA, JOSÉ CLÁUDIO FONSECA . L-NAME co-treatment prevent oxidative damage in the lung of adult Wistar rats treated with vitamin A supplementation. Cell Biochemistry and Function , v. 30, p. 256-263, 2012.
Dr. Divya Prakash is currently, Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA. Dr. Prakash has published papers in peer-reviewed journal like Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Biochemistry, Journal of Bacteriology, Methods of Enzymology, International Journal of Nanomedicine, Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences. Dr. Prakash primary research interest at Penn State is in understanding the physiology and biochemical mechanism of a novel disulfide reductase from a methane-producing species and in-vitro re-constitution of protein components to convert methane and carbon monoxide as a source of bio-fuels and value added products. As a model system, he focus on Methanosarcina acetivorans , a versatile methane producing microbe which is found in such diverse environments as oil wells, trash dumps, deep-sea hydro thermal vents, and oxygen-depleted sediments beneath kelp beds. He uses a multidisciplinary approach of biochemistry, molecular biology, genomics, proteomics, and spectroscopy (EPR and Mossbauer) to address the scientific questions related to his research.
Dr. Prakash has completed his doctorate in chemisty at the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Auburn University. His doctorate research was focused on the understanding the process of activation of Methyl-co-enzyme M reductase (MCR) and study of the effect of the methanogenesis inhibit or 3-nitrooxypropanol on MCR.
Before Joining Auburn University, he earned a M. Phil. from the Jawaharlal Nehru University. During his M.Phil. he studied the “Synergistic Effect of Hydroxyapatite Nanoparticles (HAp) and Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) to prevent osteoporosis in Rat Induced by Simulated Micro gravity.” He discovered that PEMF along with HAp has the potential to control bone loss induced by simulated micro gravity.
Research Interest: Biochemistry; Microbiology; Molecular biology; Nanomedicine; Spectroscopy; Bio-engineering.
Skype ID: divsingh21
Number of Publications: 11
Research Interest: Her research interests are focused on clinical biochemistry, biochemical technics, molecular biology, functional medicine, genetics, cancer research, nutrition, vitamin D, cardiac biomarkers, urology, geriatrics, ophthalmology, neurologic diseases, dermatological biomarkers, obstetric and gynecology, and homocysteine.
Biography: Dr. Çiçek received her medical degree from the Çukurova University School of Medicine in Adana/Turkey, 1991. She completed her Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry residency training in 2004 at the Gaziantep University in Gaziantep, Turkey. She has graduated with a Master of Science in Management and Organization in social sciences. She was an Assistant Professor of Medical Biochemistry at Gaziantep University between 2007-2013. She became an Associate Professor in February 2013. She is currently a Professor at the Department of Medical Biochemistry/Gaziantep University School of Medicine since 2019. She also conducts academic studies in various disciplines. She worked as a thesis supervisor at the master's graduate and doctoral levels of many students. In many international congresses, she served as the chairman of the congress, the chairman of the organizing committee, the scientific committee, the member of the organizing committee and the moderator. She is a member of editorial or reviewer boards of international eminent journals.
List of Publications:
1. Yıldırım ÖA, Benlier N, Çiçek H, Gürbüz H, Orhan N, Sever ÖN, Yıldırım M. The role of high mobility group box protein-1 in bacterial sepsis. Acta Medica Nicomedia. 2022;5(1):27-31.
2. Gürbüz H, Zengin Y, Gündüz E, Durgun HM, Dursun R, İçer M, Üstündağ M, Orak M, Güloğlu C, Çiçek H. Evaluation of Blood and Blood Products Transfusions In Dicle University Faculty of Medicine Research Hospital Emergency Department. Euroasia Journal of Mathematics, Engineering, Natural & Medical Sciences. 2021;8(16):36-48.
3. Yılmaz N, Yıldırım M, Savaş HS, Çiçek H, Sever ÖN. The role of HMGB1 in gastrointestinal cancers. Archives of Medical Science-Civilization Diseases. 2021;6(1):1-7. doi:10.5114/amscd.2021.105385.
4. Kilic B, Cicek H, Mete AÖ, Ganidagli S, Ugur BK. Effects of Parenteral Glutamine Supplementation on Endocan Levels in Septic Patients. Eastern Journal of Medicine, 2021; 26(1): 157-164
5. Çiçek H, Alkarkhi LA, Gürbüz H, Erbağcı Z. Serum Cytokine Profiles in Patients with Psoriasis. Acta Scientific Medical Sciences 2021 May; 5(5):13-22.
6. Kaya Uğur B, Çiçek H, Kul S, Mete Ö, Yılmaz M. Effect of a novel extracorporeal cytokine apheresis method on endocan, copeptin And interleukin-6 levels in sepsis: An observational prospective study. Transfus Apher Sci. 2020 Dec;59(6):102919. doi: 10.1016/j.transci.2020.102919. Epub 2020 Aug 25. PMID: 32912735.
7. Benlier N, Solakhan M, Yıldırım Z, Kaya V, Yıldırım ÖA, Orhan N, Çiçek H, Yıldırım M. A novel diagnostic tool for the detection of bladder cancer: Measurement of urinary high mobility group box-1. Urol Oncol. 2020 Aug;38(8):685.e11-685.e16. doi: 10.1016/j.urolonc.2020.03.025. Epub 2020 Apr 17. PMID: 32312640.
8. Mendeş B, Karakuzulu M, Çiçek H, Elboğa U, Mendeş M. The Relationship Between Muscle Strength and Bone Mineral Density in Footballers. Turkiye Klinikleri J Sports Sci. 2020;12(2):120-8.
9. Solakhan M, Çiçek H, Benlier N, Yıldırım Z, Sever ÖN, Orhan N, Yıldırım M. Role of HMGB1 in Prostate Cancer. European Journal of Therapeutics. doi: 10.5152/Eur J Ther. 2019. 19052
10. Benlier N, Yener BN, Cicek H. The Effects of Fasudil on Inflammation Induced by Amyloıd Beta Peptide in an Astrocyte Cell Line. Neurol Res Surg. 2019 Nov; 2(2): 1-6.
11. Çiçek H, Saygılı Ö, Sever ÖN Kaya V, Ulusal H, Yıldırım M. The Diagnostic Role of A-kinase Anchoring Protein 12, Bcl-2 and High Mobility Group Box Protein-1 Levels in Breast Cancer. Journal of Oncological Sciences. doi: 10.1016/j.jons. 2019. 09.003
12. Çiçek H, Çiftçi Aksoy Ü G, Kul S. Consistency of High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Electrochemiluminescence and Mass Spectrometry Methods for Vitamin D Measurement. Acta Scientific Medical Sciences. 2019 Aug; 3 (8): 15-22.
13. Sever ÖN, Cicek H, Benlier N, Yıldırım Z, Yıldırım ÖA, Erdogan MB, Yıldırım M. Prognostic role of serum HMGB1, endocan, and caveolin level in non-small cell lung cancer. J Mol Cancer. 2019 Apr;2(2):12-14.
14. Yener BN, Benlier N, Cicek H. Assessment of cell viability in an astrocyte cell line exposed to amyloid beta peptide and Fasudil. J Pharmacol Res 2019;3(1):1-4.Index
15. Benlier N, Erdoğan MB, Keçeoğlu S, Orhan N, Çiçek H. Association of high mobility group box 1 protein with coronary artery disease. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2019 May;27(4):251-55.
16. Solakhan M, Çiçek H, Orhan N, Yıldırım M. Role of Native Thiol, Total Thiol and Dynamic Disulphide in Diagnosis of Patient with Prostate Cancer and Prostatitis. Int Braz J Urol. 2019 Jan 5;45. doi: 10.1590/S1677-5538.
17. Tekayev M, Bostancieri N, Saadat KASM, Turker M, Yuncu M, Ulusal H, Cicek H, Arman K. Effects of Moringa oleifera Lam Extract (MOLE) in the heat shock protein 70 expression and germ cell apoptosis on experimentally induced cryptorchid testes of rats. Gene. 2019 Mar 10;688:140-150. doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2018.11.091.
18. Deveci HA, Nur G, Cicek H, Karapehlivan M. Evaluation of oxidative stress factors in patients with osteoporosis. Medicine Science International Medical Journal 2017 Sept; 6(3):479-82.
19. Cicek H, Guleken N, Öztuzcu S, Sevinc A. Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and related biochemical parameters in various cancer species. Turk J Biochem 2017 April; 42(2):161-68.
20. Cocelli LP, Cicek H, Isik M, Zer Y. The Effect of Tramadol and Tramadol with Gabapentin Combination in Patients with Lumbar Disc Herniation after Epidural Steroid Injection. Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences. 2015 Oct;45(6):1214-9.
21. Madenci E, Güçbey Ş, Koca İ, İbas E, Cicek H. Serum Total Oxidative and Antioxidative Status in Patients with Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. Nobel Med 2015; 11(1): 83-86.
22. Demirpençe Ö, Yıldırım M, Avcı A, Kılıç E, Bilgetekin H, Deniz HG, Kaya V, Cicek H. The Role of Trace Elements in the Malignant-Benign Differentation of Pleural Effusions. Journal of Clinical and Analytical Medicine 2015 Apr;286(1):1-4.
23. Cocelli LP, Dikensoy E, Cicek H, Ibar Y, Kul S, Balat O. Pseudocholinesterase in gestational diabetes: positive correlation with LDL and negative correlation with triglyceride. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012 Jul;286(1):43-9.
24. Kadi C, Cicek H. The evaluation of myomectomies performed during cesarean section in our clinic. Niger Med J. 2011 Jul;52(3):186-8.
25. Acilmis YG, Dikensoy E, Kutlar AI, Balat O, Cebesoy FB, Ozturk E, Cicek H, Pence S. Homocysteine, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 Levels in Maternal and Umbilical Cord Plasma and Homocysteine Levels in Placenta in Pregnant Women with Pre-eclampsia. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2011 Jan;37(1):45-50.
26. Dikensoy E, Balat O, Cebesoy B, Ozkur A, Cicek H, Can G. The effect of Ramadan fasting on maternal serum lipids, cortisol levels and fetal development. Arch Gynaecol Obstet 2009 May; 279:119-123.
27. Ozer O, Davutoglu V, Ercan S, Akcay M, Sari I, Sucu M, Celik A, Aksoy N, Cicek H, Al B. Plasma Urotensin II as a Marker for Severity of Rheumatic Valve Disease. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2009 May;218(1):57-62.
28. Zer Y, Karaoglan I, Cicek H, Karagoz ID, Saglam M. Evaluation of the Patients with Low Levels of Anti-Hcv Positivity. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2009 Jan;43(1):133-9.
29. Bayil S, Cicek H, Cimenci IG, Hazar M. How Volatile Organic Compounds Affect Free Radical and Antioxidant Enzyme Activity in Textile Workers. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2008 Dec;59(4):283-7.
30. Dikensoy E, Balat O, Cebesoy B, Ozkur A, Cicek H, Can G. Effect of Fasting During Ramadan on Fetal Development and maternal health. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2008 Aug;34(4):494-498.
31. Dikensoy E, Balat O, Pence S, Akcali C, Cicek H. The Risk of Hepatotoxicity During Long-Term and Low-Dose Dose Flutamide Treatment in Hirsutism. Arch Gynaecol Obstet 2008 Jul;8.
32. Geyikli I, Bayıl S, Cicek H, Erbağcı Z. Plasma Adenosine Deaminase Activities Chronic at Urticaria Patients Online Journal of Euro Asian Dermatology,2007;1(1).
33. Yilmaz N, Cicek HK, Celik A, Meram I, Kocabas R, Davutoglu V. Diagnostic Value of Homocysteine, C-Reactive Protein and Bilirubin for Coronary Artery Disease. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, 2007;13(3): 522-35.
34. Cicek H, Bayil S, Zer Y, Celik A, Geyikli I. Comparison of Lipoprotein(a) Levels between Elderly and Middle-Aged Men with Coronary Artery Disease. Ann N Y Acad Sci, Annals 2007; 1100:179-184.
35. Bayraktaroglu Z, Yilmaz N, Cicek HK, Karafak A, Gül E. Platelet Storage Time and Cytokine (IL-2R, IL-8, TNF-Α) Levels. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal 2007;13(1): 79-84.
36. Yilmaz N, Herken H, Cicek HK, Celik A, Yurekli M. Increased Levels of Nitric Oxide, Cortisol and Adrenomedullin in Male Patients with Chronic Schizophrenia. Med Princ Pract 2007; 16(2):137-41.
37. Bayil S, Celik A, Cicek H, Geyikli İ, Tarakcioglu M. Free Radical and Antioxidant Enzyme Levels at Exposure of Volatile Organic Compounds in Workers. Saudi Med J. 2007 Feb; 28(2): 290-1.
38. Yilmaz N, Cicek HK, Celik A, Davutoglu V. Diagnostic Value of Bilirubin Concentrations Compared to Novel and Traditional Biomarkers in Atherosclerosis with Coronary Artery Disease. Saudi Med J. 2006 Aug; 27(8): 1262-4.
39. Yilmaz N, Kepkep N, Cicek HK, Celik A, Meram I. Relation of Parity and Homocysteine to Bone Mineral Density of Postmenopausal Women. Clin Lab 2006; 52(1-2): 49-56.
40. Tarakcioglu M, Erbagcı AB, Cekmen M, Usalan C, Cicek H, Ozaslan J, Camci C. Acute Effect of Haemodialysis on Serum Markers of Myocardial Damage. Int J Clin Pract 2002;56(5): 328-332.
Biography: B. Sc. Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade, 1994.
M. Sc. Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade, 2000.
Ph.D. Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade, 2004.
Research Interest: Enzymology, enzyme inhibition, toxic effects of different (organic or inorganic) pharmacologically and physiologically active compounds, oxidative stress, biomarkers.
Researcher: Department of Physical Chemistry, Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinca, Belgrade, 1996-2000
Teaching Assistant: Institute of Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, 2000-2008
Assistant Professor: Institute of Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade,
Associate Professor: Institute of Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, 2013
Published On: April 30, 2022 | Pages: 001 - 010Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 22, 2021 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 04, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 006Abstract View Full Article View
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The publication process is professional and short time process. The required information is easily available on the website.
I like to continue my association as an editor for this journal and confer my services. I have recommended and encouraged my colleges to submit manuscripts for publication every time when I have chance. I can go through the journal website and easily get the required information.
It would be my pleasure to continue service as an Editorial Board Member of Annals of Circulation and also contribute in peer reviewing submitted papers in relevant fields. The journal should having well-furnished and high standard criteria for paper submission and publication. Manuscript submission process in this journal is user free and easily accessible.The journal should get indexing in Medline and Pubmed I definitely suggest others to submit their research work in this journal for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. Publication process is good. The required information is easily available on the website.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is fast review. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I would like continue this association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process is smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the simplicity and quick publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
I like to continue as an editor in this journal and give my services. The comments we are getting from editors and reviewers are fair. The journal should send the each and every information of the journal to EB and RB members. Manuscript submission process is easy as well as user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting reputed indexing services. I will intimate my co- researchers to submit their future works in this journal for publication. The manuscript submission and publication time line is more accurate. I mostly like the repaid peer review process in the journal.I can easily find the required information, if needed.
I like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and acceptable. Manuscript submission process in this journal are user free. I strongly recommend my batch mates and co-scientists to submit their valuable works in this journal for publication. I can easily find the required information on the website.
I will continue to associate with this Imaging Journal of Clinical and Medical Sciences journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and satisfactory. The journal have to get indexed in major databases. The process of manuscript submission is hassel-free. I definitely recommend my friends and colleagues to submit their works for publication. The submission and publication timeline of this journal is more accurate. It will be nice, if bibliography of authors and editors can be displayed in journal webpage. I can easily find the required information in the website.
I really liked the communication with the editors of your journal: quickly, informative and very friendly! I am very grateful for this style of work. I hope for further cooperation!
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to many of my colleagues for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quickness. The required information is easily available on the website.
William CS Cho
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
Saint Joseph Hospital , Germany
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Oklahoma University, USA
Archives of Anatomy and Physiology
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
University of Pisa, Italy
Annals of Psychiatry and Treatment