Research Interest: Meat Quality, Meat Technology, Seafood Quality, Seafood Technology, Novel Food Processing, Functional Meat Products Formulations.
Research Interest: Anti-corrosion and anti-fouling technologies, Technologies for offshore plant, Biosensors and various sensors, Microfluidics and nanofluidics, Colloid science (including nanofluids) and evaporating droplet, Analysis of power plants and energy systems, Enhanced thermal conductivity of nanofluids, Electromigration current rectification in nanopores, Offshore CCS (Carbon dioxide Capture and Storage), Ballast water treatment and monitoring systems.
Shrimp Immunology and Physiology, Aquatic animal disease, Ecology
Mohanad Al-Jaberi was born in Iraq- Basrah city since 1976. He is Ass. Professor in the geology department at the University of Basrah in Iraq where he has been a faculty member since 2002. Mohanad completed his Ph.D. at
Baghdad University and his undergraduate and master studies at Basrah University. His research interests lie in the area of sedimentology, geochemistry and marine geology. He has collaborated actively with researchers in several other disciplines of environment changes and ecology. He had twenty four published researches in Iraqi and international journals. Mohanad has shared with many of conferences and workshop program committees in many of countries such as China, Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt. Also in several Universities in Iraq like Baghdad, Mosel, Najaf, Tikrit, and Basrah. Mohanad has shared with many of defence committees for master and doctoral students. He is a supervisor for five of postgraduate students.
Research Interest: Marine geology
List of Publications:
1- Al-Marsoumi, A.M.; Al-Khafaji, S.J.; and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2006. Sedimentological and mineralogical aspects of Khor Abdullah supratidal sediments, NW of Arabian Gulf. Marine Mesopotamica, 21(1), pp.13-28.
2- Al-Marsoumi, A.M. and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2007. Basrah soils, Geochemical aspects and physical properties – A review. Basrah journal of science, 25 (1) . pp. 89-103.
3- Al-Marsoumi. A.M.; Khadim, S.K.; and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2009. The effect of dolomite on some of geotechnical properties of Khor Abdullah soil-NW of Arabian Gulf. Journal of Basrah Researches ((Sciences)), 35(5), pp.17-22.
4- Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2009. The sedimentological and geotechnical characteristics of Khor-Shytianah coastal recent sediments –NW Arabian Gulf. Journal of Basrah Researches ((Sciences))35(5), pp.9-15.
5- Al-Jaberi, M.H. and Jasim, A.H., and 2010. Textural , mineralogical properties and amount of dust fallout in Basrah city for years 2005-2008. Journal college of education/ Babylon, 5(5), pp120-133.
6- Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2010. Sedimentological and environmental aspects of sub-surface Basrah sediments- South Iraq. Mesopt. J. Mar. Sci., 25(2), pp.67-78.
7- Al-Jaberi, M.H., and Al-Dabbas, M.A., 2014. Assessment of heavy metals pollution in the sediments of Iraqi coastlines. International Journal of scientific research, 3(9), pp. 64-68. ISSN No. 2277-8179.
8- Al-Dabbas, M.A., and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2014. Crassostreacucullata Shells As Indicator to Environmental Changes in The Iraqi Coastlines. International journal of scientific research, 3(8), pp.11-15. ISSN No. 2277-8179.
9- Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2014. Heavy metals characteristics of settled particles during dust storms in Basrah city-Iraq. International journal of scientific research, 3(10), pp. 1-5. ISSN No. 2277-8179.
10- Al-Dabbas, M.A, and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2014. Heavy metal concentrations in Mollusca Corbicula fluminails shells of Shatt Al-Arab river. International Journal of Marine Science 2015, Vol.5, No.39, pp. 1-4. DOI: 10.5376/ijms.2015.05.0039, http://ijms.biopublisher.ca
11- Al-Dabbas, M.A, and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2015. Elemental distribution in the calcite and aragonite layers of Chione californiesis from Iraqi coasts- North Arabian Gulf. Arabian journal of geoscience, Vol.8, pp- 9433–9440, DOI 10.1007/s12157-1862-z.
12- Al-Dabbas, M.A.; Hussain, G.A.; and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2015. The effect of dust storm quality and industrial area on air quality of Salah Al_Dien -Iraq. Journal of Basrah research/ Sciences, Vol.41, No. 52. ISSN -1817 - 2695
13- Al-Dabbas, M.A; Al-Jaberi, M.H; and Al- Khafaji, R.2015. Impact of climate changes on the hydrogeological aquifers- Case study Dibdiba aquifer at Karbala – Najaf area, Iraq. International Journal of Research in Science and Technology, No. 5, Vol.3, pp.24-39. e-ISSN: 2249-0604; p-ISSN:2454-180X
14- Hussain, G.A.; Ahmed, I.A.; and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2015. Assessment of ground water quality for drinking purpose for selective areas of Bai- Hassan aquifer formation northern of Iraq.Jour. of Almustansria, No.52, Vol.12, pp.264-269.
15- Al- Jaberi, M. H., 2015. Study of the clastics and shells in selected areas at NW of Arabian gulf- south Iraq ,Scholars Press publish house., Germany, 248P. ISBN:978- 639 -76255- 6.
16- Al-Dabbas, M.A., and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2015. Geochemistry of CrassostreaCucullata Shells as environmental contamination indicator in Iraqi coasts, North Arabian Gulf. Arabian Journal of geoscience, Vol.8, pp- 5767–5777, DOI 10.1007/s 12157-014-1592-7.
17- Al-Jaberi, M.H.; Al-Dabbas, M.A.; Al-Khafaji,R. 2016. Assessment of heavy metal contamination and sediment quality in Shatt Al-Arab river, Basrah, southern Iraq. Iraq Geological Journal (IGJ), Vol.39-40, No.1. ISSN: IQ 1026 – 5198.
18- Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2016. Evaluation of Iraqi Coasts Using Littoral and Marine Bivalve Shell. Iraq Geological Journal (IGJ), Vol.2, No.1. ISSN: IQ 1026 – 5198.
19- Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2017. Clay minerals variations in Quaternary sediments of Basrah City- Iraq. Earth Science Center (Canada), Vol. 6, No. 2. Doi:10.5539/esr.
20- Al-Jaberi , M.H. ; Rasha , Al-Ali, R; and Humidan, Z., 2018. Minerals variation in the Iraqi marine sediments. International Journal of Scientific Research, V.7, No.1, ISSN No. 2277-8179, IF:4.176
21- Al-Jaberi , M.H. and Al- Mayahi, H.,2018. WIRELINE LOGGING RESPONSE AND TRUE CORE ANALYSIS OF THE UPPER SHALE MEMBER OF ZUBAIR FORMATION, RUMAILA OILFIELD, SOUTHERN IRAQ. Iraqi Geological Journal, V.51, No. 2, IF:0.74
22- Al-Jaberi , M.H. and Al- Humaidan, Z.A., 2018. Geochemistry of trace elements in Iraqi marine environment. Bulletin of Pure and Applied Sciences ‘Section F – Geology, V.37F, NO.2.
23- Almayyahi, H. and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2018. Sedimentalogical study for the Upper Shale member in Zubair formation to enhance and comparison oil production in North Rumaila oilfield. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, Springer. V.4, pp-981-1006.https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-018-0498-x.
24- Almayyahi, H. and Al-Jaberi, M.H., 2018. Geochemical Study for the Upper Shale Member - Zubair Formation in Rumaila Oilfield, South Iraq. Journal of Mining Science. V.4, No.4, pp-56-74. DOI: 10.20431/2454-9460.0404006.
25- Al-Jaberi, M. ; Al-Dabbas, M.; Bashar, A. and Jaber, M., 2018. Mineralogy and geochemistary of coral reef in Iraqi marine environment in the North part of Arabian Gulf. Bulletin Iraq natural History Museum Journal. Vol. 15, No. 2, pp-189-106. http://dx.doi.org/10.26842/binhm.7.2018.15.2.0189.
Research Interest: MarineChemistry, Environmental pollution, Oil Pollution, Marine Organic Chemistry, Toxicology, Advanced Ecology and Analytical Methods in Biology
List of Publications:
1. Seasonal distribution of dissolved and particulate hydrocarbons in Shatt Al-Arab estuary and North-West Arabian Gulf. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 36(10): 850 – 855, 1998.
2. Spatial and temporal variance of hydrocarbon pollution in sediment cores from Shatt Al-Arab estuary and North-West region of the Arabian Gulf. Basrah J. Science, 16(1): 37 – 48, 1998.
3. Aliphatic and aromatic compounds in zooplankton and bacteria samples from Shatt Al-Arab estuary. Marina Mesopotamica, 13(1): 19 – 34, 1998.
4. Assessment of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) pollutants in sediments of North-West Arabian Gulf and Shatt Al-Arab. Marina Mesopotamica, 12(2): 291 – 303, 1997.
5. N-Alkanes in dissolved and particulate water phases of Shatt Al-Arab estuary and North-West Arabian Gulf. Marina Mesopotamica, 12(2): 245 – 270, 1997.
6. Hydrocarbons in fish from Shatt Al-Arab estuary and North-West Arabian Gulf following the Gulf oil spill of 1991. Marina Mesopotamica, 12(2): 213 – 231, 1997.
7. Distribution and sources of N-Alkanes in sediment cores from Al-Hammar marsh, Southern of Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 12(2): 315 – 330, 1997.
8. Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the dissolved and particulate water phases of Shatt Al-Arab estuary, North-West Arabian Gulf. Marina Mesopotamica, 13(2): 281 – 306, 1998.
9. N-Alkanes in aquatic plants of the Hor Al-Hammar marsh of Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 11(2): 281 – 288, 1996.
10. Biogenic and Anthropogenic n-Alkanes in the sediment of the marshes of Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 9(2): 277 – 288, 1994.
11. Distribution of petroleum Hydrocarbons in aquatic plants of Hor Al-Hammar marsh, Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 9(2): 313 – 321, 1994.
12. Seasonal variations of trace elements in aquatic vascular plants from Al-Hammar marsh, Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 10(2): 321 – 329, 1995.
13. Distribution of Trace Metals in water, sediments and biota samples from the Shatt Al-Arab estuary. Marina Mesopotamica, 11(1): 63 – 77, 1996.
14. Distribution of Trace Metals in the tissues of fish from the Shatt Al-Arab estuary, Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 12(1): 87 – 99, 1997.
15. Distribution and sources of aliphatic hydrocarbons in fish from the Arabian Gulf. Mar. Poll. Bull., 21(3): 155 – 157, 1990.
16. Distribution of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in marsh sediments, Iraq. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 43(6): 864 – 869, 1989.
17. Distribution of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in surficial sediments from Shatt Al-Arab river and Northwest Arabian Gulf. Mar. Poll. Bull., 18(5): 248 – 251, 1987 .
18. Hydrocarbons and chlorophyll A correlation in the waters of the Shatt Al-Arab river, Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 4(1): 117 – 126, 1989.
19. Hydrocarbons concentrations in the mussel, Corbicula fluminalis from Shatt Al-Arab River, Iraq. In: Fate and fluxes of oil pollutants in the Arabian Gulf. A.A.Z. DouAbul & H.M. Bedair, eds., Basrah University press, P: 291 – 303, 1984.
20. Seasonal Variations of Oil residues in water of Shatt Al-Arab river, Iraq. Water, Air and Soil Pollution, 24(3): 237 – 246, 1985.
21. Trace elements in fish from the Arabian Gulf and the Shatt Al- Arab river, Iraq. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxcol., 40: 226 – 232, 1988 .
22. Distribution of Petroleum residues in surficial sediments from Shatt Al-Arab river and the North-west region of the Arabian Gulf. Mar. Poll. Bull., 15(5): 198 – 200, 1984.
23. N-Alkanes distribution in the surface sediments from the Arabian Gulf. Naturwissenschaften, 72,S.: 35 – 37, 1985.
24. Residues of organochlorine pesticides in environmental samples from Shatt Al- Arab river, Iraq. Environmental pollution., 43(3): 175 – 186, 1987.
25. Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHS) in fish from the Arabian Gulf. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 38(3): 546 – 552, 1987.
26. Residues of organochlorine pesticides in fish from the Arabian Gulf. Water, Air and Soil Pollution, 35(1-2): 187 – 194, 1987.
27. Tigris - Euphrates delta: A major source of pesticides to the Shatt Al- Arab river (Iraq). Arch. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 17(3): 405 – 418, 1988.
28. Check list of the algae from Shatt Al- Arab river, Iraq. J. University Kuwait-Sci., 15: 79 – 97, 1988.
29. Hydrocarbon residues in fishes from Kour Al-Zubair, North west Arabian Gulf. Marina Mesopotamica, 5(1): 81 – 88, 1990.
30. Petroleum Hydrocarbon concentrations in fishes from Shatt Al-Arab river. Marina Mesopotamica, 4(2): 233 – 242, 1989.
31. Fatty acids in recent sediments of the marshes, Southern of Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 5(2): 325 – 336, 1990.
32. Fatty acids in sediment from the Arabian Gulf. Paper presented to the 2nd Oceanography of Khor Al-Zubair, Marine Science Center publications. No.9, p: 55 – 70, 1990.
33. Source of aliphatic hydrocarbons in sediment from North-West Arabian Gulf. Paper presented to the 2nd Oceanography of Khor Al-Zubair, Marine Science Center publications. No.9, p: 35 – 53, 1990.
34. Fate of oil spilled at the inland waters of Iraq. Final report, Marina Science Center University of Basrah, 1989.
35. Sources of Hydrocarbons and Fatty acids in sediments from Hor Al-Hammar Marsh, Shatt Al-Arab, N.W. Arabian Gulf. Mar. Poll. Bull., 26(10): 559 – 564, 1993.
36. Dissolved and particulate - adsorbed hydrocarbons in the waters of Shatt Al-Arab river, Iraq. Water, Air and Soil Pollution, 61(3-4): 397 – 408, 1992.
37. Seasonal variations of dissolved normal alkanes in the water marshes of Iraq. Mar. Poll. Bull., 26(4): 207 – 212, 1993.
38. Levels of petroleum Hydrocarbons and n-Alkanes in different species of mollusca from Shatt Al-Arab estuary, North-West Arabian Gulf. Marina Mesopotamica, 14(1): 67 – 81, 1999.
39. State of oil pollution in the sediments of the North – West Arabian Gulf after the 1991 Gulf oil spill. Marina Mesopotamica, 15(1): 145 – 156,1999.
40. Oil spill in Arabian oil refinery – case study – (Notes). Marina Mesopotamica, 15(2): 453 – 458, 1999.
41. Seasonal and regional variation of petroleum hydrocarbons in date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) c.v. Sayer along Shatt al Arab river, Southern Iraq. Basrah J. Sci., 18(1): 123 – 132, 2000.
42. N-alkanes in the fruits and leaves of date palm ( Phoenix dactylifera L. ) c. v. Sayer from Shatt Al-Arab River. Basrah J. Sci., 18(1): 151 – 158, 2000.
| P a g e 8
43. Trace elements in the fruit and leaves of the date palm ( Phoenix dactylifera L. ) c. v. Sayer from Shatt Al-Arab River, Southern Iraq. Basrah J. Sci., 18(1): 133 – 142, 2000.
44. Assessment of total Hydrocarbon and n-Alkane in different Crab species from N.W. Arabian Gulf. Basrah J. Science, B 17(1): 95 – 104, 1999.
45. .A mycofloaral study on aquatic sediments of Shatt Al-Arab estuary and N/W Arabian Gulf. Basrah J. Sci., 18 (1): 1 – 14, 2000.
46. Comparison study between sources of n-alkanes in sediments from N/W Arabian Gulf and Red Sea coasts of Yemen. Tehama, 2: 171 – 184, 2000.
47. The bio-degradation ability of some fungi isolated from sediments of Shatt Al-Arab estuary for some Polycyclic Aromatic compounds. Marina Mesopotamica, 16(1): 191 – 207, 2001.
48. Seasonal Variations of some Biochemical Aspects of the Muscles of some Freshwater and Marine Fishes from Shatt Al-Arab river and North West Arabian Gulf. Marina Mesopotamica, 14(2): 427 – 453, 1999. (In Arabic).
49. Seasonal Variations of Fatty Acids Constituents in the Muscles of some Freshwater and Marine Fishes from Shatt Al-Arab river and North West Arabian Gulf. Marina Mesopotamica, 16(1): 359 – 373. 2001. (In Arabic).
50. Distribution of some trace metals in dissolved and particulate water from Al-Hilla river. J. Babylon, 2000.
51. Trace elements in sediments from Al-Hilla River. J. Babylon..
52. Sources of PAHs in fish from NW Arabian Gulf & Red Sea Coasts of Yemen Marina Mesopotamica,21(1): 1-12, 2006.
53. Assessment of n-alkanes in sediments from North-West Arabian Gulf and the Red Sea coasts of Yemen. Marina Mesopotamica, 16(2): 345 – 356, 2002.
54. Distribution of trace elements in tissues of five fish species collected from Red Sea coasts of Yemen. Bull. Nat. Inst. Oceang. & Fish, ARE, 27: 311 – 322, 2002.
55. Trace metals content in some marine plants collected from Al-Hodeidah Red Sea coasts of Yemen. Egyptian Jornal of Aquatic Research 33(1):116-124,2007
56. Petroleum hydrocarbons and trace metals in Mollusca (Tivela ponderosa) from the Gulf of Aden . J. KAU: Mar. Sci., 14: 77 – 86, 2003.
57. Background levels of heavy metals in dissolved ,particulate phases of water and sediment of Al-Hodeidah Red Sea Coast of Yemen . J. KAU: Mar. Sci., 15:53-71, 2004.
58. Heavy metal contents of some molluscus and crustaceans along Al-Hodeidah Red Sea Coast of Yemen. Bull. Nat. Inst. Of Oceanogr. & Fish, A.R.E., 28: 319 – 331, 2002.
| P a g e 9
59. The role of fungi in the degradation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons with special reference to Shatt Al- Arab River and NW Arabian Gulf. Marina Mesopotamica, 19(2): 267 – 296, 2004
60. Hydrocarbons in the water and sediment of Shatt Al – Arab estuary and NW Arabian Gulf. Marina Mesopotamica, 10(2): 393 – 410, 1995.
61. Petroleum Hydrocarbons (PHC) in the Muscles of Melanopsis nodosa in Shatt Al- Arab river, Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 15(2): 559 – 570, 2000. (In Arabic).
62. Comparison study between levels of petroleum hydrocarbons and nickel and vanadium in Shatt Al-Arab sediments before and after 1991. Marina Mesopotamica, 18(2): 95 – 103, 2003.
63. Status of oil pollution in sediment samples from the Aden Coast, Yemen. J. food, Agriculture & Environment – JFAE, 4(3&4): 284-287, 2006.
64. The effect of growth month for olive fruits in levels of free fatty acids and iodine value CV. Degal in Basrah. Basrah J. Agric. Sci., 17(1), 2004
65. Aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbon levels in Melanoides tuberculata from Shatt Al-Arab river. J. Basrah Research, 2002.
66. Concentration of trace metals in aquatic plants of of Hor Al-Hammar marsh, Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica, 9(2):323-328, 1994.
67. Pollutants in the sediment of Iraqi marshes: A review. In" Ahwar of Iraq Environmental Approach", Hussain, N.A., (ed). Marine Science Centre Puplication, No. 18., 1994.
68. Concentrations of air pollutants in the atmosphere of Basrah Governorate. American Association for Aresol Res. 2010
69. Southern marshes something to be conserved: A case study. Marsh Bulletin, 1(2): 8 – 35, 2006.
70. Monitoring of hydrocarbons in Shatt Al - Arab river by using some species of molluscs. Marina Mesopotamica, 23(1):305-319,2008
71. . Concentrations of Copper, Cadmium, Cobalt, Manganese , Nickel and lead in the tissues of fresh water fishes, Crassius crassius, Aspius vorax and Barbus luteus colleted from Al-Hammer Marsh (South of Iraq). Marina Mesopotamica, 23(2):363-377, 2008)
72. Hydrocarbons and trace elements in water and sediment samples of the marshland of southern Iraq .Marina Mesopotamica, 24(2):126-139,2009
73. Physical, Chemical and Nutrients Characteristics of water in the Mocha cost / Yemen and comparison with Arabian Gulf Water J. Basrah Research. 16-27,2008
74. N- alkanes in molluscs of Shatt Al - Arab River Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci 25(1); 83-98 ,2010.
75. Water quality of iraqi southern marshes, Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci 25(2):79-95,2010
| P a g e 11
76. Oil spill in Khor Al-zubiar a case study Marina Mesopotamica23(2): 321-333 , 2008)
77. Distribution and Sources of Dissolved Fatty Acids in Water of Shatt Al-Arab Estuary and Northwest Arabian Gulf. Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci 24(1): 25-34 ,2009.
78. Distribution and Sources of particulate Fatty Acids in Water of Shatt Al-Arab Estuary and Northwest Arabian Gulf. Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci 25(1):41-52, 2010.
79. Uptake –Release of pollutant by Tenualosa ilisha (Sbuor) fish collected from Southern- Iraq Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci a23(2): 237-257, 2008.
80. Toxicity of aromatic hydrocarbons to several species of molluscs from Shatt Al-Arab river Marsh Bulletin 2010(in apress)
81. Comparative toxicities of crude oil and refined oil products to several species of molluscs from Shatt Al-Arab river Marsh Bulletin 4(1): 1-20, 2009)
82. Toxicity of oil and dispersant mixtures to several species of molluscs from Shatt Al – Arab river Marsh Bulletin 2010(in apress)
83. Distribution and seasonal variations of hydrocarbons in the molluscs of Shatt Al – Arab river Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci 24(2): 102-111, 2009
84. Distribution and levels of trace metals in the Red Sea coasts and comparison with their levels in the Arabian Gulf Marina Mesopotamica . 22 (1): 1-16, 2007.
85. Environmental assessment of trace metals pollution in sediment of Khor Al-Zubair, Iraq. Marina Mesopotamica. 22 (1):81-92,2007
86. Distribution and seasonal variations of n-alkanes in the some species of molluscs of Shatt Al-Arab river. Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci. 26(2):182-196, 2011
87. Uptake and depuration of water-soluble fractions (WSF) of crude oil by bivalve Corbicula fluminea (Müller) from Shatt Al-Arab river. Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci. 26(2):134-145, 2011
88. Hydrocarbons in soil from basrah oil rich governorate.American journal of environmental sciences 2012.
89. Mesopotamian marshland: salinization problem. Journal of Environmental Protection,2012.
90. Status of oil pollution in the Arabian Gulf and Shatt Al-Arab Estuary:Review.In Coastal Environments:Focus on Asian regions (Edt.V.Subramanian) Springer,36-46,2012.
91. Levels of Pesticides in Sediment of Hor Al-Hammar Marshes ,Iraq. IraqiJournal of Aquaqulculture.10(1);35-54(2013).
92. The effect of seasonal variations of some heavy metals bioaccumulation in organs of nemipterus jap[onicus collected from iraqi marine waters.Journal of King Abdulaziz University Marine Science (2013).
| P a g e 11
93. Assessment of hydrocarbons and Trace Metals Pollution in waters and sediments of fertilizer company wastes in Khor Al-Zubair, Iraq . Mesopot. J. Mar. Sci., 2013, 28(1): 17 - 28
94. Gaseous pollutants in Basra City, Iraq. Air , Soil and water Research.6, 15-21, 2013
95. Assessment of environmental status for south of the Al-Hammar fish tissues of Liza subviridis.Journal of king saud University Agriculture Science,(2013).
96. Snail Bellamya bengalensis as bioindicator for pollution by trace elements in Shatt Al-Arab. journal Basrah Science 30(2)139-150, 2012.
97. Ambient air quality in the industrial area of khor azzubayr, southern Iraq.journal of Industrial oil (2013).
98. Mesopotamian Marshland:Salinization problems. Journal of Environmental Protection,3,1295-1313, 2012.
99. Hydrocarbons in soil from basra oil rich governorate. American journal of Environmental Science, 8(5),563-568,2012.
100. Restoration versus re-floding:Mesopotamia marshland. Hydrology Current research,3(5):2157-7587,2012
101. Environment study for determination the concentration and origin of hydrocarbons in sediment core in Al-Azeim marshes, Messan goveronrate .Journal of Aquaculture,2013.
102. Accumulation ,release,and depuration of crude oil-in water emulsions by the bivalve corbicula fluminalis Muller (Molluscs: Bivalia:Eulamellibranchiata:corbiculidae) from Shatt AL-Arab river,Basrah ,Iraq, Marsh Bulletin 7(2):102-118,2012 .
103. Seasonal Variations of some trace elements concentrations in silver carp Hypophthalichthys molitrix consoildated from farms in central Iraq. Marsh Bulletin 7(20):126-136,2012
104. Variation in N-alkanes durind winter and summer season in water and sediment of Hor Al-Hwaiza-Southern Iraq. journal Basrah Science 30(2):161-177, 2012. 105-The aromatic The ability of some species of cyanobacteria to accumulate hydrocarbons basrah journal of science 2010 volume:28 issue: 2 B Pages: 1-16
106- Seasonal and Regional variations of hydrocarbon levels and origin of n-alkanes in water of Southern marshes of Iraq basrah journal of science 2010 volume:28 issue: 2 B Pages: 47-56.
107- Determination the concentration and origin of poly cyclic aromatic hydrocarbon compounds (PAHs) in water and sediments of AL – Howaiza marsh basrah journal of science 2010 volume:28 issue: 2 B Pages: 146-154
| P a g e 12
108- Determination of Some Trace Elements in the Fallen Dust on Basra Governorate basrah journal of science 2010 volume:28 issue: 2 B Pages: 243-252 109- DISTRIBUTION, SOURCES, AND SEASONAL VARIATIONS OF HYDROCARBONS IN SHAT AL-ARAB RIVER WATER. JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC RESEARCH FOR MULTIDISCIPLINARY. Volume 2, Issue 2,730-740 March 2014
110- Application of ( TRIX ) index to evaluate the trophic status of the middle part of Shatt Al-Arab River ,south of Iraq .INDIAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH, Volume 4, Issue 5,P131-136,2014 111-Ambient Air quality in the industrial area of Khoir Al-Zubair, southern iraq. Journal of Petroleum research and Study,8:1-11,2013 112-An analytical study on petroleum hydocarbons contamination in thev Urban Environment of Basra City , Southern iraq. Journal of Petroleum research and Study,8:12-29,2013. 113- Estimation of heavy elements in fresh part and shell of Bellamya bengalensis in shatt Al_arab River, Iraq INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC RESEARCH FOR MULTIDISCIPLINARY, Volume 3, Issue 1,1-12, 2015
114- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPHs) , n-alkanes and Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in water of Shatt Al-Arab River – part 1. Global Journal of Biology, Agriculture & Health Sciences in Vol.4 (1),88-94(2015)
115- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons(TPHs), n-alkanes and Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Sediments of Shatt Al-Arab River – part 2. Global Journal of Biology, Agriculture & Health Sciences in Vol.4 (1),95-100, (2015)
TEMPORAL AND SPATIAL VARIATIONS OF TOTAL PETROLEUM HYDROCARBON -116CONCENTRATIONS IN TWO COMMERCIAL FISH SPECIES FROM AL-KAHLAA RIVER IN MISSAN GOVERNORATE/IRAQ . JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC RESEARCH FOR MULTIDISCIPLINARY, Volume 2, Issue 12,439-445, 2015
KAHLAA RIVER -POLYCYCLIC AROMATIC HYDROCARBONS(PAHs) IN SEDIMENT OF Al -117Global Journal of Biology, Agriculture & Health Sciences in IN MISSAN PROVINCE/IRAQ5201 77,-724 (1),Vol.
118- AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY ON THE DETERMINATION OF AIR POLLUTANT CONCENTRATIONS RELEASED FROM SELECTED OUTDOOR GASEOUS EMISSION SOURCES IN BASRA CITY, SOUTHERN IRAQ. INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC RESEARCH FOR MULTIDISCIPLINARY, Volume 3, Issue 1, Feb,2015.
119-Geochemical evaluation pollution for some heavy metals in basra soil. Journal of Thi-Qar Science . 5(2);34-41,2015
.| P a g e 13
120-Evalution of Pollution in the Hor AL –Azim Sediments by Heavy metals/ Missan Government / South of Iraq Journal of Thi-Qar Science(2015)
.121- Distribution and sources of fatty acids in sediment cores from Al-Hammar marsh, southern Iraq. Marsh Bulletin 9(1)(2014) :23-37
122- The ability of green alga Cladophora crispate on accumulation of hydrocarbons compounds and their production. Journal of Thi-Qar Science (2015).
123- The ability of some species of cyanobacteria to produce hydrocarbons compounds Basrah Journal Science ,2014.
124- The effect of popelation growth and urban expansion and its changing the forms of internal channels in basrah city.The Arab Gulf Journal,2015
125- Total Hydrocarbons in sediments core samples from Shatt Al-Arab Estuary, Um Qaser and Khor Al-Zubair.Journal of Al-Qadisiya pure science (2015)
126- Environmental Assessment of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons pollutants in the waters of the side branches of the Shatt Al-Arab.Iraqi journal of Aquaculture.13(1):1-12 (2016)
127- Distribution and Sources of Fatty Acids in Sediment Samples from Shatt Al-Arab Estuary and Northwest Arabian Gulf. International Journal of Marine Science, Vol.5, No.40( 2015).
128-Spatial analysis on the concentrations of air pollutants in Basra province (southern Iraq). Open journal of Air Pollution. 4, 139-148,(2015).
129- Analysis of Water Quality Using Physico-Chemical Parameters in the Shatt AL-Arab Estuary, Iraq . International Journal of Marine Science, 5(49)1-9,2015 .
130-Seasonal variation of some heavy metals in muscles of carp fish- southern iraq. Mesop. environ. j. 2016, Special Issue B:- 66-76.
| P a g e 14
131-Evaluation ofsediment with trace metalsin Hor El-Ezaim-atMessan province- southern Iraq. Journal of Thi-Qar Science,5(2);11-18,2015.
132- Seasonal variations of some biochemical aspects for five species of date palm Fatty Acids and Amino Acids. Marinemesopotamica.special issue B:66-76( 2016).
133- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in water of Al-Kahlaa River
in Missan Province, Iraq.International journal of marine science(2016).
134- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Muscles of Two Commercial Fish Species from Al-Kahlaa River in Missan Governorate, Iraq. Indonosian Journal of marine science 20(3):121-126(2015)
135- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Sediment Samples From
Euphrates River, Iraq International journal of marine science.6(9)1-5,2016)
136- Using Two Species From Common Aquatic Plants as Bio-indicators of Pollution
With Hydrocarbons Compounds in Al-Kahlaa River -Missan Province/ Iraq. International journal of marine science.6(11)1-4 (2016)
137- ICP detection of chemical elements in the sediments along Shatt Al-Arab Estuary and Khor Abdullah/Southern Iraq.International journal of environment and water.4(4)11-(2015
138- Toxic effects of dissolved and dispersed crude oils on eggs and larvae of some fishes from Shatt Al-Arab River. Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences.4(1) 88-103 (2016).
139- Quality Estimation of Drinking Water in Missan Province /Iraq. International journal of marine science.6(17)1-7 (2016)
140- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the surface sediments of Shatt Al-Arab River, Basrah City, Southern Iraq.Journal of Natural Science Research,6(8)46-55,2016
141-Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Some Fishes from the Iraqi Marine waters.
| P a g e 15
Journal of Natural Science research,6(10)92-99,2016
142- Environmental Assessment of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in fish species from North-West Arabian Gulf. Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological science.4(2)
126-134 ( 2016).
143- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in water of Al-Kahlaa River
in Missan Province, Iraq .Indonosian Journal of marine science 21(1):1--8(2016).
144- Application of Water Quality and Pollution Indices. Lambert Academic Publication,2016
145- Status of oil pollution in Water and Sediment samples from Shatt AL-Arab Estuary and North-West Arabian Gulf. Mesopotamica J.of . Mar.Sci.(2016)
146- levels of petroleum hydrocarbons in sediment samples from al-hodeidah area along the red sea coast of yemen.Journal of Scientiic and Enginering Refsearch.3(3):423-428 (2016).
147- Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Water, Soil and Tomato plant (Lycopersican esculentum L.) at Basra city, Iraq. Journal of Biological, Agriculture and Healthcare. 6(12)55-64(2016).
148-Estimation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Some Fishes of Shatt Al-Arab River-Iraq. International Journal of Environmental Biology. 6(2): 43-48(2016).
149-Estimation of Hydrocarbon Compounds in Drinking Water in Misan Governorate / Iraq.
Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences.4(2), 4(2):291-298(2016).
150-Some physical , chemical and nutrient salt character in Makkah beach/Yemen and comparision with Arabian Gulf .Basrah scientific Research,16-27,2008
151- Assessment of Noise Pollution in West Qurna-2 Oil Field Southern Iraq.
Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2016, 3(5):95-100
152- N-Alkanes in Soil of West Qurna-2 Oil Field Southern Iraq
Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences.
September-November 2016; 4(3)402-415.
153-Mollusca As ABioindicator of Heavy Metals Pollution in Shatt AL-Arab Estuary. Journal of Biological Pharmaceutical And Chemical Research , 2016,3(4): 1-6.
154-Heavy Metals in Residual Sediments Core Along Shatt AL-Arab Estuary.
Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences. September-November 2016; 4(3)
155- Study the Air Pollution in West Qurna-2 Oil Field Southern Iraq. . Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences. September-November 2016; 4(3)416-430.
| P a g e 16
156- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the Soil of West Qurna-2 Oil Field Southern Iraq. International Journal of Marine Science 2016,.6(48)1-10.
157-Use of Ethyl Methane Sulfonate to Produce Salt Resistant Mutant Strains of Bacterial Species Isolated from Sugarcane Callus Culture Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences. December 2016- February 2017; 4(4): 465-474.
158-Seasonal variations of some biochemical aspects for five cultivars of male date palm (Fatty Acids and Amino Acids).Kuffa journal of Agriculture science. 2016,8(2):1-25.
159- Recent Fauna in Sediment Core of Shatt Al-Arab estuary. Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences. 2017
160-An impact of population growth and urbanization in changing the formal properties of the internal channels in the city of Basrah: Arabian Gulf Journal 2017,.45(1-2)74-98.
161- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons in the Soil of West Qurna-2 Oil Field Southern Iraq. International Journal of Marine Science 2016,.7(6)51-58.
Research Interest: Biological Sciences – Microbial Ecology (incl. monitoring researches) – Protistology (incl. periphytic ciliates)
Biological Diversity; Evolution; Preservation through Research At All Levels,
From Genes to Ecosystems.
Research Interest: Aquaculture, Reproduction, Sperm, Crayfish, Trout, Heavy Metal, Toxicology, HEPP.
Research Interest: Environmental fate and transport of persistent organic pollutants (POPs), Occurrence, behavior and transformations of emerging contaminants (i.e. pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs), perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs)) in the aqueous environments, Engineering treatment of emerging contaminants, Analysis of trace organic residues in environmental matrices, Wastewater reuse and fate/risks of emerging contaminants, Particulate matter (PM) and human exposure, Long-‐term transport and dry/wet deposition of organic contaminants, Microplastics/marine debirs
Research Interest: Marine Radioecology, Radioactive Waste, Nuclear Energy
Research Interest: (Fish Collagen, Squid Chitosan, Fucoidan) From Marine Resources And Their Processing As Porous Structures, Hydrogels, Membranes And Particles. He Has Also Expertise On The Surface Modification By Layer-By-Layer Methodology, Applied To Modification Of Scaffolds To Improve Cell Culture Efficiency And Tune Cell Behaviour.
Research Interest: Microbial Ecology, Bacteria, Microbiology, Including Methods Sandi
Dr. Anna Palumbo is currently Research Director at the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn. She spent some periods abroad, at INSERM and INSA in France and, as visiting scientist, at NIH, Bethesda and at MRC, Edinburgh. Dr. Anna Palumbo has authored and co-authored several international publications and also working as a reviewer for reputed professional journals. Her research interests are mainly focused on marine organisms. In particular, she investigated the biosynthesis, signalling and roles of nitric oxide in relation to cuttlefish defence system and ascidian development. More recently, research interests have been focused to understand how marine organisms are responding and may adapt to the increasing pressure exerted by climatic changes and human activities. The actions of some environmental conditions (acidification, toxic bloom, polluting agents) have been examined on marine organisms at different life phases by laboratory or field experiments. Moreover, great attention has been also focused on the biological properties of marine bioactive molecules with the aim to develop pharmacological applications.
Research Interest: Nitric oxide role and signalling<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>