University of Athens, Greece
Research Interest: Lectin; chitinase; protein;
amino acid; nanoparticles; nanomedicine; apoptosis; cell cycle; antibacterial;
anticancer; antifungal; gene expression; cell morphology; cytotoxicity;
toxicity; antibiofilm; cell culture..
Research Interest: Isolation and structural
elucidation of biologically active metabolites from natural sources (Plants and
Fungi); Marine natural products chemistry and biology; Phytochemical
characterization of plant extracts used in traditional medicine, their
pharmacological evaluation, and the isolation and identification of their
Gaziosmanpasa University, Turkey Plant Research Lab of Chemistry, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2011-2016 PhD (Research Assis-tant) Gaziosmanpasa University Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2008- 2011 Master (Research Assis-tant) Gaziosmanpasa University Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2003-2007 Under graduate Cumhuriyet Univer-sity Biology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Research Interest: Algae cultivation, Plant biotechnology, Secondary metabolite production
1. Bioprocessingof microalgae for production and recovery of high-value metabolites;", Texas A&M University, 23.08.2015 -29.11.2015
2. Activity Controlled Isolation of Isolated Secondary Metabolites from Cladophora fracta (Tubitak 2017-2018).
3. Investigation of Pharmacological Secondary Metabolites in Some Cyanobacteria Members and Investigation of the Effects of Various Stress Conditions on the Production of these Metabolites (2016- 2018 Bap Turkey).
List of Publications:
1. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler Zekeriya Altuner, Mahfuz Elmastas. Molecular Identification and Norharmane Quantification of Cyanobacterium, Geitlerinema carotinosum. International Journal of Pharmacy& Pharmaceutical Research.June 2017, Vol.:9, Issue:3, 67-73.
2. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler. Screening of Norharmane from Seven Cyanobacteria by High performance Liquid Chromatography. Pharmacogn. Mag. 11.10.2017, Vol: 13, Issue: 51, 723-725.
3.Tunay Karan, Zekeriya Altuner, Ramazan Erenler. Growth and Metabolite Production of Chroococcus minutus Under Different Temperature and Light Conditions. Journal of New Results in Science, 6:1 47-52, 2017.
4. Tunay KARAN, Taner DAŞTAN, İnanç BARAL, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Effects of Differential Time Applications on Some Cyanobacterial Norharman Production Rates. Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi Fen Fakültesi Fen Bilimleri Dergisi (CFD), Cilt 37, No. 4 (2016) ISSN: 1300-1949.
5. Tunay KARAN, Ramazan ERENLER, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Isolation and Molecular Identification of Some Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria) from Freshwater Sites in Tokat Province of Turkey. Turkish Journal of Agriculture - Food Science and Technology, 5(11): 1371-1378, 2017
6.Tunay KARAN, Saban Tekin, Ahmet Bursalı, Adem Keskin. Investigation of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus (TBEV) in Ixodid Ticks Collected from Central Black Sea Region in Turkey. Journal of New Results in Science 4 (2014) 30-35
7.Sevgi Durna Dastan, Naci Degerli, Taner Dastan, Fazilet Yildiz, Yavuz Yildir, Yusuf Muhammed Durna, Dilek Atessahin and Tunay Karan. Phenylthiocarbamide taste perception as a possible genetic association marker for nutritional habits and obesity tendency of people. Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.28, No.3(Suppl), May 2015, pp.1141-1150.
8. Sevgi Durna Daştan, Taner Daştan, Serap Çetinkaya, Dilek Ateşşahin, Tünay Karan. Evaluation of In Vitro Anticancer Effect of Plantago major L. and Plantago lanceolata L. Leaf Extracts from Sivas. Cumhuriyet Üniv. Sağ. Bil. Enst. Derg. 2016 (1)1: 07-14
9. Tunay KARAN, İlyas Yıldız, Ali Aydın, ,Ramazn Erenler Inhibition of Various Cancer Cells Proliferation of Bornyl Acetate and Essential Oil from Inula graveolens (Linnaeus) Desf. Rec. Nat. Prod. 12:3 (2018) 273-283
10. Ramazan Erenler, Tuğba Adak, Tunay KARAN, Mahfuz Elmastaş,İlyas Yıldız, Hüseyin Akşit,Gülaçtı Topcu,Murat Aydın Sanda. CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS ISOLATED FROM ORİGANUM SOLYMICUM WITH ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITITES. The Eurasia Proceedings of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (EPSTEM) 2017,Volume 1, Pages 139-145
11. Tünay KARAN, Mesut KOYUNCU, İskender PARMAKSIZ, Köksal PABUÇCU, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Siyanotoksinler ve Biyosentezlerinden Sorumlu Genlerin Düzenlenmesi. Gaziosmanpaşa Fen Bilimeri Enstitüsü Bilimsel Araştırma Dergisi 11 (2015) 54-69 .
12. KARAN TÜNAY,TEKIN SABAN, BURSALI AHMET.‘Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus in Ixodid Ticks in Tokat Province of Turkey. Abstracts / Journal of Biotechnology 161S (2012) 19–48.
13. Tunay KARAN, Saban Tekin, Adem Keskin, Ahmet Bursalı. Testing The Presence of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus in Ixodid Ticks (Acari: Ixodidae) From Tokat and Ordu Vicinity. In vivo International Journal of Experimental and Clinical Pathophysiology and Drug Research. 25:3 467-576 (2011).
14. Tunay KARAN, Omer KAYIR, Zekeriya ALTUNER, Ramazan ERENLER.Growth and norharmane production of Chroococcus minutus under various stress conditions.2018, 1, 10-15.
15.Tunay KARAN. Metabolic profile and biological activities of Lavandula stoechas L. Cellular and Molecular Biology E-ISSN : 1165-158X / P-ISSN : 0145-5680.
16. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler. Fatty acid constituents and anticancer activity of Cladophora fracta (OF Müller ex Vahl) Kützing. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research October 2018; 17 (10): 1977-1982.
17. Tunay Karan, Ali Aydin. Anticancer potential and cytotoxic effect of some freshwater cyanobacteria. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research November 2018; 17 (11): 2183-2188.
18.Evanthia Mantzouki, Tunay KARAN and et. al. Temperature Effects Explain Continental Scale Distribution of Cyanobacterial Toxins. Toxins 2018, 10, 156.
19.Evanthia Mantzouki, Tunay KARAN and et. al. A European Multi Lake Survey dataset of
environmental variables, phytoplankton pigments and cyanotoxins. Scıentıfıc Data 5:180226 DOI: 10.1038/sdata.2018.226.
20. Tunay Karan and Bilge Hilal Cadirci. Evaluatıon of antımıcrobıal and antıoxıdant actıvıty of lepıdıum draba l. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 7, Issue 13, 2018.
Research Interest: Molecularly Imprinted
Polymers,Sol, id Phase, Extraction,Chromatography
Research Interest: "Organometallic: Transition Metal-catalyzed Nitrogenation of Hydrocarbons; edicinal Inorganic Chemistry: Ruthenium-based Metallopharmaceuticals; Renewable Biomass Energy: Metal-catalyzed Conversion of Cellulosic Biomass for fuels and value-added chemicals"
Research Interest: Stability studies of new drug
substances and new drug products including nanomedicine; Quality assurance;
Analytical and bioanalytical method validation; Physicochemical charaterization
of new drug substances and new drug products including nanomedicine.
Research Interest: Drug Design, Phytochemistry,
Medicinal chemistry and Analytical Chemistry.
Research Interest: Marine natural products (MNPs),
in particular the synthesis and structural modification of bioactive MNPs.
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry and Drug
Design; Organic Synthesis; Bioorganic Chemistry; Biological evaluation of
therapeutically-efficient organic compounds, including pharmacodynamics and
pharmacokinetics; Molecular modeling and chemoinformatics; Molecular Imaging;
Structure elucidation using different spectroscopic techniques (such as MS, IR,
1H NMR, 13C NMR, and 2D NMR such as COSY, HMBC, and HMQC). Purification of
products from reaction mixtures both by simple solvent crystallization methods
and advanced preparative chromatographic methods.
Research Interest: Bioassay guided isolation of
active constituents-Phytochemsitry and analytical pharmacognosy. Wound healing
assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites. Analgesic and
anti-inflammatory activities of medicinal plants. Isolation of natural
compounds from the medicinal plants used against gynecological diseases.
Research Interest: "Luminescent probes; Computational structural biology; Structure-based drug design; Inorganic medicine "
Research Interest: "Targeted drug delivery; Chemical functionalization of nanoparticles; Chemical composition-biological behavior relationship of nanoparticles; Biomaterials for immunotherapy; Nanomedicine; Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology; Nanovaccines; Immunotoxicity of nanoparticles; Surface biofunctionalization of the nanoparticles with antibodies and peptides; Cell-nanoparticle interactions
Published On: February 18, 2021 | Pages: 025 - 028Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 11, 2021 | Pages: 022 - 024Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 06, 2021 | Pages: 004 - 021Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 05, 2021 | Pages: 001 - 003Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 11, 2020 | Pages: 030 - 036Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 17, 2020 | Pages: 021 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 01, 2020 | Pages: 017 - 020Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 22, 2020 | Pages: 013 - 016Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 22, 2020 | Pages: 011 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 04, 2020 | Pages: 008 - 010Abstract View Full Article View
I suggest that the journal should get impact factor for faster indexing. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in your journal. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to many of my colleagues for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quickness. The required information is easily available on the website.
I like to continue my association as an editor in this journal and confer my services. My suggestion is to use social sites as linkedin, Facebook and twitter to send submission request to orthopaedic surgeon and to introduce the journal. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my co-experts who were related with this journal to submit their research works. The required information will easily access from website.
The comments from reviewers and editors are always constructive, even if a manuscript is rejected for its publication. I will trust the publication process with Peertechz.
I would like to continue as an editor in this journal and confer the services. The comments we are receiving from reviewers and editors are authentic. I like the quality of review in this journal. The manuscript submission process is easy and Hassel free. I surely recommend this journal for getting indexing in ISI. I recommend my co staff to submit the research and review works to this journal. The timeline of manuscript submission and publication process is satisfactory. Required information can get easily on the journal webpage.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are satisfactory. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal for major indexing platforms. I strongly recommend the others to submit their research works for the sake of the journal growth. I am satisfied the time line between manuscript submission and publication process. I mostly like the journal webpage of the journal. The required information can get easily on journal webpage.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. It is important to get citated in SCI. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is fast review. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services as it improves my knowledge on vaccines. I suggest to give a clearer description of the objectives of the journal. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
Peer-review process in Peertechz is the best way for publishing high quality papers. Not more than three months. Now the publishing time is one of the most important things for the authors. If we have your trust, we can build on our strengths and overcome our weaknesses.
Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science