Dr. Rajasekharredy Pala is a Nano biotechnologist specialized in the synthesis of various metal and metal oxide nanoparticles with their application as drug delivery agents to the primary cilia. After his post-graduation he was selected for ICMR-Senior Research Fellowship under Biomedical Sciences in 2011 and during this period of his doctoral studies at CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, India, he has earned handsome experience on the physical and chemical characterizations techniques of nanoparticles that are enveloped with various biologically active compounds such as protein, lipids and small molecular drugs for their biomedical applications. Dr. Pala working as a research associate in Chapman University and University of California Irvine from 2015.
Research Interest: Nanomedicine, Hypertension, Cancer, Renal diseases
Skype ID: raaja.biotech
List of Publications:
Rajasekharreddy Pala, Ashraf M. Mohieldin, Kiumars Shamloo, Rinzhin T. Sherpa, Sarmed H.
Kathem, Jing Zhou, Zhongyue Luan, Jian-Guo Zheng, Amir Ahsan, and Surya M. Nauli.
Personalized Nanotherapy by Specifically Targeting Cell Organelles To Improve Vascular
Hypertension. Nano Letters Article ASAP DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.8b04138
2. Zeng, Y., Zhu, J., Wang, J., Parasuraman, P., Busi, S., Nauli, S. M., Wáng, Y., Pala,
Rajasekharreddy, Liu, G. (2018). Functional probes for cardiovascular molecular
imaging. Quantitative imaging in medicine and surgery, 8(8), 838-852 (co-corresponding
3. Pala, Rajasekharreddy., Jamal, M., Alshammari, Q., Nauli, S.M. The Roles of Primary Cilia in
Cardiovascular Diseases. Cells 2018, 7, 233. (Published as cover page)
4. Rajasekharreddy Pala, Yun Zeng, Subhaswaraj Pattnaik, Siddhardha Busi, Alomari Nedaa,
Nauli Surya M, Gang Liu, (2018). Functionalized Silver Nanoparticles for Sensing, Molecular
Imaging and Therapeutic Applications. Current Nanomedicine, Pages 1 - 17 (17).
5. Pala Rajasekharreddy, Pathipati Usha Rani, Mattapally Saidulu & Sanjay K. Banerjee (2017).
Ultra-small silver nanoparticles induced ROS activated Toll-pathway against Staphylococcus
aureus disease in silkworm model, Materials Science and Engineering: C, 77, 990-1002
6. Pala Rajasekharreddy, Chao Huang, Siddhardha Busi, Jobina Rajkumari, Ming-Hong Tai, Gang
Liu (2017). Green Synthesized Nanomaterials as Theranostic Platforms for Cancer Treatment:
Principles, Challenges and the Road Ahead. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 24, 1-17. Doi.
7. Jobina Rajkumari, Siddhardha Busi, Aneesh Cherukunnel Vasu, Pala Rajasekharreddy (2017),
Facile green synthesis of baicalein fabricated gold nanoparticles and their antibiofilm activity
against Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1. Microbial Pathogenesis, 107: 261-269.
8. Rajasekharreddy Pala, Nedaa Alomari, Surya M. Nauli (2017). Primary Cilium-Dependent
Signaling Mechanisms, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 18, 2272.
9. Kiumars Shamloo, Juan Chen, Jasmine Sardar, Rinzhin T. Sherpa, Rajasekharreddy
Pala, Kimberly F. Atkinson,William J. Pearce, Lubo Zhang, Surya M. Nauli (2017). Chronic
Hypobaric Hypoxia Modulates Primary Cilia Differently in Adult and Fetal Ovine Kidneys.
Frontiers in Physiology, 8: 677.
10. Nauli, Surya M., Rajasekharreddy Pala, and Steven J. Kleene (2016). "Calcium channels in
primary cilia." Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension 25 (5): 452-458.
11. Pala Rajasekharreddy and Pathipati Usha Rani (2014). Biofabrication of Ag nanoparticles using
Sterculia foetida L. seed extract and their toxic potential against mosquito vectors and HeLa
cancer cells. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 39, 203-212.
12. Pala Rajasekharreddy and Pathipati Usha Rani (2014). Biosynthesis and characterization of Pd
and Pt nanoparticles using Piper betle L. plant in a photoreduction method. Journal of Cluster
Science, 25: 1377-1388.
13. Praveen Kumar Kalavagunta, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Usha Rani Pathipati and Narender Ravirala
(2014). Identification of β-Naphthol derivatives as novel antifeedants and insecticides-I. Journal
of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 62, 6571−6576.
14. Pala Rajasekharreddy and Pathipati Usha Rani (2012) Nontoxic effects of biologically
synthesized silver nanoparticles on silkworm, Bombyx mori L. Hexapoda 19 (1): 74–78.
Pathipati Usha Rani and Pala Rajasekharreddy (2011) Green synthesis of silver-protein (core–
shell) nanoparticles using Piper betle L. leaf extract and its ecotoxicological studies on Daphnia
magna. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 389 (1-3): 188-194.
16. Pathipati Usha Rani, Pala Rajasekharreddy and Kommu Nagaiah (2011). Allelopathic effects of
(2n-octylcycloprop-1-enyl)-octanoic acid (I) against Four Major Weeds. Allelopathy Journal. 28
17. Pala Rajasekharreddy, Pathipati Usha Rani and Bojja Sreedhar (2010). Qualitative assessment of
silver and gold nanoparticle synthesis in various plants: a photobiological approach. Journal of
Nanoparticle Research, 12: 1711-1721.
18. Pala Rajasekharreddy and Pathipati Usha Rani (2010). Toxic properties of certain botanical
extracts against three major stored product pests. Journal of Biopesticides. 3(3): 586-589.
19. Pathipati Usha Rani and Pala Rajasekharreddy (2010). Insecticidal activity of (2n-octylcycloprop-
1-enyl)-octanoic acid (I) against three coleopteran stored product insects from Sterculia foetida
(L.). Journal of Pest Science, 83(3); 273-279.
20. Pathipati Usha Rani and Pala Rajasekharreddy (2009). Toxic and antifeedant activities of Sterculia
foetida (L.) seed crude extract against Spodoptera litura (F.) and Achaea janata (L.). Journal of
Biopesticides 2(2): 161-164.
Pathipati Usha Rani and Pala Rajasekharreddy (2013). Plants: The green factories for synthesis
of nanomaterials” in the book “Nanotechnology Environment” Edited by J.N. Govil. Studium Press
A method for isolation of an Ortho Quinone Methide intermediate. Pala Rajasekharreddy
and K.P Kumar and (PCT/IB2015/057628), WIPO publication no. WO/2016/059511.
• Green synthesis of highly monodispersed silver nanoparticles by plant. P. Usha Rani and Pala
Rajasekharreddy (File No. 4020/DEL/2012).
• Novel synthesis of 2-aminobenzothiazolomethyl naphthol derivatives and their
antifeedant activity. KP Kumar, Pala Rajasekharreddy, V. Narendar & P. Usha Rani (File No
University of Parma, Italy
International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, USA
Archives of Clinical Hypertension
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Istituto per lo studio delle psicoterapie (ISP), Italy
Open Journal of Trauma
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology