Dr. Nour Shafik El-Gendy is a Professor in the field of Petroleum and Environmental Biotechnology. Acting and Former Vice Head of Process Design & Development Department and Former Head Manager of Petroleum Biotechnology Lab, Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute. Former Advisor for the Egyptian Minster of Environment. Member in Center of Excellence in Modern Sciences and Arts, MSA University. Vice Coordinator of the Scientific Research Committee and member in Rural Woman Committee, National Council for Women (NCW) of Egypt. Executive committee member in the Egyptian Young Academy of Sciences (EYAS). Member of the Technical Committee for the preparation of the regulations of the Faculty of Energy and Environmental Engineering - British University in Egypt (BUE) and committee member for the preparation of the undergraduate Biochemical Engineering Program in the same faculty. El-Gendy is expert in the field of environmental pollution, wastewater treatment, biofuels, petroleum upgrading, green chemistry, nanobiotechnology, valorization of wastes and biocorrosion. She has published seven chapters, four books and 108 research papers, and supervised 27 MSc and PhD thesis in the field of; biofuels, biocorrosion, environmental pollution, climate change, bioremediation, valorization agroindustrial wastes, nanobiotechnology, wastewater treatment and bioupgrading of petroleum. Dr. El-Gendy is also an editor and reviewer in 43 and 86 international journals, respectively, in the field of; environmental biotechnology and pollution, bioenergy, nanobiotechnology and petroleum microbiology and biotechnology. She is the PI of a project for bioethanol production from agricultural wastes and she participated also in research projects concerning with; biodiesel from algae, application of nanobiotechnology in upgrading of petroleum and bioremediation of petroleum polluted environment. Dr. El-Gendy participated in 44 international workshops and training courses, and 67 international conferences. Dr. El-Gendy is a member in many international associations and organizations concerned with petroleum industry, environmental health and sciences. She is also an active member in national committees concerning with; water desalination, wastewater treatment, biofuel standards, petroleum pollution, chemical engineering and biotechnology. She is in international collaboration with different foreign universities. She has also teaching experience (Chemical Engineering Department – Faculty of Engineering - The British University in Egypt BUE, Faculty of Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering Department – Faculty of Engineering and Center of Excellence and Entrepreneurship - Modern Sciences and Arts, MSA University, Faculty of Science - Monufia University, Chemical Engineering Department - Faculty of Engineering - Cairo University and Biotechnology Program - Faculty of Science, Cairo University). Her biography is recorded in Who’s Who in Science and Engineering.
environmental pollution and its treatment, petroleum and industrial wastewater treatment, recycling and valorization of wastes, environmental biotechnology, bioenergy, petroleum microbiology and biotechnology, petroleum upgrading, biocorrosion, green chemistry and nanobiotechnology
List of Publications:
1. B.A. Omran, H.N. Nassar, N.A. Fatthalah, A. Hamdy,E.H. El-Shatoury &N.Sh. El-Gendy“Physiochemical properties of Trichoderma longibrachiatumDSMZ 16517-synthesized silver nanoparticles for the mitigation of halotolerant sulphate-reducing bacteria” Journal of Applied Microbiology.126(1), 138-154.
2. A.R. Ismail, S.B. El-Henawy, S.A. Younis, M.A. Betiha, N.Sh. El-Gendy, M.S. Azab & N.M. Sedky“ Statistical Enhancement of Lipase Extracellular Production by Bacillus stratosphericusPSP8 in A Batch Submerged Fermentation Process” Journal of Applied Microbiology125(4), 1076-1093.
3. Omar Aboelazayem, Nour Sh. El-Gendy, Ahmed A. Abdel-Rehim, Fatma H. Ashour & Mohamed A. Sadek“ Biodiesel production from castor oil in Egypt: process optimisation, kinetic study, diesel engine performance and exhaust emissions analysis” Energy157,843-852
4. Kheiralla ZH, El-Gendy NSh, Ahmed HA, Shaltout ThH, Hussein MMD “Upgrading of Tomato(Solanum lycopersicum) Agroindustrial Wastes” Journal of Microbial & Biochemical Technology10, 46-48. doi: 10.4172/1948-5948.1000394
5. R.M. Soliman, S.A. Younis, N.Sh. El-Gendy, S.S.M. Mostafa, S.A. El-Temtamy & A.I. Hashim“Batch bioethanol production via the biological and chemical saccharification of some Egyptian marine macroalgae” Journal of Applied Microbiology125(2), 422-440
6. B.A. Omran, H.N. Nassar, N.A. Fatthalah, A. Hamdy, E.H. El-Shatoury &N.Sh. El-Gendy“ Characterization and antimicrobial activity of silver nanoparticles mycosynthesized by Aspergillusbrasiliensis” Journal of Applied Microbiology125(2), 370—382.
7. Nour Sh. El-Gendy, A. Hamdy & Basma A. Omran“ Thermal and Surface Studies on the Corrosion Inhibition of Petroleum Pipeline by Aqueous Extract of Allium cepa Skin under Acidic Condition” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery Utilization & Environmental Effects 40(8),905-915.
8. Basma A. Omran, Hussein N. Nassar, Nesreen A. Fatthalah, A. Hamdy, Einas H. El-Shatoury &Nour Sh. El-Gendy“ Waste Upcycling of Citrus Sinensis Peels as A Green Route for Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery Utilization & Environmental Effects 40(2),227-236.
9. Hussein N. Nassar, Samiha F. Deriase & Nour Sh. El-Gendy“Kinetic Modeling and Simulation of a Batch Biodesulfurization Process by Rhodococcus erythropolisHN2” Petroleum Science & Technology 35(20), 1995-2002.
10. Hussein N. Nassar, Samiha F. Deriase & Nour Sh. El-Gendy“ Statistical Optimization of Biomass Production and Biodesulfurization activity of Rhodococcus erythropolisHN2” Petroleum Science & Technology35(20), 1951-1959.
11. Abdullah M El Mahdi, Hamidi Abdul Aziz & Nour Sh. El-Gendy“ Emulsifiers Produced by Locally Microbes Using Local Agro-Industrial Wastes” Recent Advances in Petrochemical Sciences 2(2), 555583. DOI:10.19080/RAPSCI.2017.02.55558
12. Hager R. Ali, Hussein N. Nassar & Nour Sh. El-Gendy“ Green Synthesis of α-Fe2O3Using Citrus reticulum Peels Extract and Water Decontamination from Different Organic Pollutants” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery Utilization & Environmental Effects 39(13), 1425–1414.
13. Omar Aboelazayem, Nour Sh. El-Gendy, Fatma H. Ashour & Mohamed A. Sadek“ Complete Analysis of Castor Oil Methanolysis for Biodiesel Production” Conference proceedings, “10th International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Protection: Bioenergy and Biofuels” Krope, J., Ghani Olabi, A., Goričanec, D., and Božičnik, S. (Ed.) June 27th –30th, 2017, Bled, Slovenia. Pp. 45-55. https://doi.org/10.18690/978-961 -286-048-6.5
14. K. Mchiouer, S. Bennani, N. Sh. El-Gendy& M. Meziane“. Evaluation of the Hygienic Quality of Raw Cow’s Milk in Oujda City Morocco” Biosciences Biotechnology Research Asia14(2), 587-591.
15. Soha S. M. Mostafa & Nour Sh. El-Gendy“ Evaluation of Fuel Properties for Microalgae Spirulina PlatensisBio-diesel and Its Blends with Egyptian Petro-diesel” Arabian J. of Chemistry10, S2040–S2050.
16. Abdallah R. Ismail, Samy B. El-Henawy, Mohamed A. Betiha, Salem S. Abu Amr, Nour Sh. El-Gendy, Mohamed S. Azab & Nagwa M. Sedky“ Optimization of a Batch Cao-Catalyzed Transesterification of Used Domestic Waste Oil with Methanol and Elucidation of a Mathematical Correlation between Biodiesel Yield and Percent Conversion” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery Utilization & Environmental Effects 39(10),1013–1028.
17. Abdallah R. Ismail, Samy B. El-Henawy, SherifA. Younis, Mohamed A. Betiha, Salem S. Abu Amr, Nour Sh. El-Gendy, Mohamed S. Azab & Nagwa M. Sedky“ Optimization of Batch Novozym435-Catalyzed Transesterification of Waste Cooking Oil with Methanol for Biodiesel Production in a Solvent-Free Medium” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery Utilization & Environmental Effects 39(9),911–925
18. Sahar M. Ahmed, Fawzia I. El-Dib, Nour Sh. El-Gendy, Wafaa M. Sayed & Mohamed El-Khodary“A Kinetic Study for the Removal of Anionic Sulphonated Dye from Aqueous Solution Using Nano-polyaniline and Baker's Yeast" Arabian J. of Chemistry9(2), S1721–S1728.
19. Nour Sh. El–Gendy, A. Hamdy, Nesreen A. Fatthalah & Basma A. Omran “Recycling of Some Domestic Wastes to Produce Green Corrosion Inhibitors and Biocides for Sulfate Reducing Bacteria” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery Utilization & Environmental Effects38(24), 3722-3732.
20. K. Mchiouer, S. Bennani, N. Sh. El-Gendy& M. Meziane“ Identification and Antibiotic Resistance of Lactobacilli Isolated from Raw Cow’s Milk of Oujda City (Morocco)” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery Utilization & Environmental Effects38(24), 3572-3577.
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
Jose Manuel Ramia-Angel
Guadalajara University Hospital , Spain
Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Oklahoma University, USA
Archives of Anatomy and Physiology
Yeungnam University, Korea
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology