Prof Hermis Iatrou has received his PhD in University of Athens, Chemistry Department on December 1993. Currently, he is working as a Professor and Director of the Industrial Chemistry Lab in the University of Athens. He has successfully completed his Administrative responsibilities as Director of Section II of the Chemistry Department of the University of Athens .He is serving as an editorial member of several reputed journals like Journal of Materials, Hindawi. He has authored 120 research articles/books. He is a member of Hellenic Polymer Society as well as the Hellenic Society of Applications of Nanomedicine.
Research Interest: Polymer Synthesis, Polymer Characterization and their Properties, Solid State Properties of Polymers.
Grant Details: Participated as IP or member in more than 25 national and international projects.
URL of Official Website: http://users.uoa.gr/~iatrou/index.html/web/
Skype ID: hermis.iatrou
List of Publications:
1. Η. Iatrou and Ν. Hadjichristidis “Synthesis of a Model 3-Miktoarm Star Terpolymer.” Macromolecules, 1992, 25, 4649.
2. Η. Iatrou and Ν. Hadjichristidis “Synthesis and Characterization of Model 4-Miktoarm Star Co- and Quaterpolymers.” Macromolecules, 1993, 26, 2479.
3. J. Roovers; Zhou Lin Lin; P. Toporowski; van der Zwan, Mark; H. Iatrou; and N. Hadjichristidis “Regular Star Polymers with 64 and 128 arms. Models for polymeric Micelles.” Macromolecules, 1993, 26, 4324.
4. N. Hadjichristidis; H. Iatrou; S. Behal; J. Chludzinski; M. Disko; R. Garner; S. Liang; D. Lohse; S. Milner “Morphology and Miscibility of Miktoarm Styrene-Diene Copolymers and Terpolymers.” Macromolecules, 1993, 26, 5812.
5. G. Floudas; N. Hadjichristidis; H. Iatrou; T. Pakula; E. Fisher “Microphase Separation in Model 3-Miktoarm Star Copol (Simple Graft) and Terpolymers. 1. Statics and Kinetics” Macromolecules, 1994, 27, 7735.
6. H. Iatrou ; A. Avgeropoulos; N. Hadjichristidis “Synthesis of Model Super H-Shaped Block Copolymers.” Macromolecules, 1994, 27, 6232.
7. H. Iatrou; E. Siakali; N. Hadjichristidis; J. Roovers ; J. Mays “Hydrodynamic Properties of Model 3-Miktoarm Star Copolymers.” J. Polym. Sci. Part B: Polym. Phys. 1995, 33, 1925.
8. N. Hadjichristidis; H. Iatrou; Y. Tselikas; V. Efstratiadis “Miktoarm Star Polymers.” Chim. Chron., New Series, 1995, 24, 189.
9. H. Iatrou; L. Willner; N. Hadjichristidis; A. Halperin; D. Richter “Aggregation Phenomena of Model Super-H-Shaped Block Copolymers. Influence of the Architecture.” Macromolecules, 1996, 29, 581.
10. G. Floudas; N. Hadjichristidis; H. Iatrou; T. Pakula “Microphase Separation in Model 3-Miktoarm Star Co- and Terpolymers. 2. Dynamics.” Macromolecules, 1996, 29, 3139.
11. Y. Tselikas; H. Iatrou; N. Hadjichristidis; S. Liang; K. Mohanty; D. Lohse “Morphology of Miktoarm Star Block Copolymers of Styrene and Isoprene.” J. Chem. Phys., 1996,105, 2456.
12. N. Hadjichristidis; Y. Tselikas; H. Iatrou; V. Efstratiadis; A. Avgeropoulos “Model Nonlinear Block Copolymers: Synthesis, Characterization, Morphology.” J. Macromol. Sci. Pure Appl. Chem. 1996, A33, 1447.
13. N. Hadjichristidis; H. Iatrou; Y. Tselikas; J. Mays “Miktoarm Star Polymers.” Polymeric Materials Encyclopedia, Volume 6, 4398-4406, CRC Press, Boca Raton, N.Y., London, Tokyo.
14. H. Iatrou; J. Mays, and N. Hadjicrhistidis “Regular comb polystyrenes and graft polyisoprene/ polystyrene copolymers with double branches (Centipedes). Quality of (1,3- henylene)bis(3-methyl-1-phenylpentylidene) dilithium initiator in the presence of polar additives” Macromolecules, 1998, 31, 6697.
15. G. Floudas; N. Hadjicrhistidis; H. Iatrou; A. Avgeropoulos; T. Pakula “Microphase separation in Super-H-shaped block copolymer colloids” Macromolecules, 1998, 31, 6943.
16. Ν. Hadjichristidis; S.Pispas; M. Pitsikalis; H. Iatrou and C. Vlahos “Asymmetric star polymers: Synthesis and properties” Advances in Polymer Science, 1999, 142, 71.
17. N. Chan; J. Hoffman; V. Lee; H. Iatrou; A. Avgeropoulos; N. Hadjichristidis; R. Miller and E. Thomas “Ordered bicontinuous nanoporous and nanorelief ceramic films from self assembling polymer precursors” Science, 1999, 286, 1716.
18. F. Beyer; S. Gido; C. Buschl; H. Iatrou; D. Uhrig; J. Mays; M. Chang; B. Garetz; N. Balsara; N. Tan; and N. Hadjichristidis “Graft copolymers with regularly spaced, tetrafunctional branch points: morphology and grain structure” Macromolecules, 2000, 33, 2039.
19. N. Hadjichristidis; M. Xenidou; H. Iatrou; M. Pitsikalis; Y. Poulos; A. Avgeropoulos; S. Sioula; S. Paraskeva; G. Velis; D. Lohse; D. Schultz; L. Fetters; P. Wright; R. Mendelson; C. Franco; T. Sun and C. Ruff “Well-defined, model long chain branched polyethylene. 1. Synthesis and characterization” Macromolecules, 2000, 33, 2424.
20. V. Bellas; H. Iatrou and N. Hadjichristidis “Controlled anionic polymerization of hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane model linear and miktoarm star Co- and terpolymers of Dimehylsiloxane with Styrene and isoprene” Macromolecules, 2000, 33, 6993.
21. Y. Nakamura; Y. Wan; J. Mays; H. Iatrou and N. Hadjichristidis “Radius of gyration of polystyrene combs and centipedes in solution” Macromolecules, 2000, 33, 8328.
22. Ν. Hadjichristidis; H. Iatrou; S.Pispas and M. Pitsikalis “Αnionic polymerization: High vacuum techniques” J. Polym Sci A: Polym Chem, 2000, 38, 3211.
23. G. Wise; M. Denn; A. Bell; J. Mays, K. Hong, H. Iatrou “Surface Mobility and Slip of Polybutadiene Melts in Shear Flow” J. Rheol., 2000, 44(3), 549.
24. G. Floudas; B. Vazaiou; F. Schipper; R. Ulrich; U. Wiesner; H.Iatrou and N. Hadjichristidis “Poly(ethylene oxide-b-isoprene) Diblock Copolymer Phase Diagram” Macromolecules, 2001, 34, 2947.
25. N. Hadjichristidis; M. Pitsikalis; S. Pispas and H. Iatrou, “Polymers with Complex Architectures by Living Anionic Polymerization” Chemical Reviews, 2001, 101, 3747.
26. H. Pasch; E. Esser; C. Kloninger; H. Iatrou and N. Hadjichristidis “Chromatographic Investigations of Macromolecules in the Critical range of Liquid chromatography. XIV. Analysis of miktoarm Star Polymers” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 2001, 202, 1424.
27. V. Bellas; H. Iatrou; Ε. Pitsinos and N. Hadjichristidis “Heterofunctional Linking Agents for the Synthesis of Well-Defined Block Copolymers of Dimethylsiloxane and t-Butyl Methacrylate or 2-Vinyl Pyridine” Macromolecules, 2001, 34, 5376.
28. R. Weidisch; S. Gido; D. Uhrig; H. Iatrou; J. Mays and N. Hadjichristidis “Tetrafunctional Multigraft Copolymers as Novel thermoplastic Elastomers” Macromolecules, 2001, 34, 6333.
29. K Takahashi, H. Hasegawa, T. Hashimoto, V. Bellas, H. Iatrou, and N. Hadjichristidis “Four-Phase Triple Coaxial Cylindrical Microdomain Morphology in a Linear Tetrablock Quaterpolymer of Styrene, Isoprene, Dimethylsiloxane, and 2-Vinylpyridine” Macromolecules, 2002, 35, 4859.
30. Sophia Houli, Hermis Iatrou, NikosHadjichristidis, and Dimitris Vlassopoulos “Synthesis and Viscoelastic Properties of Model Dumbbell Copolymers Consisting of a Polystyrene Connector and Two32-Arm Star Polybutadienes” Macromolecules 2002, 35, 6592.
31. M. Stogiou; C. Kapetanaki and H. Iatrou “Examination of the Universality of the Calibration Curve of Size Exclusion Chromatography by using Polymers Having Complex Macromolecular Architectures.”International Journal of Polymer Analysis and Characterization, 2002, 7, 273.
32. V. Bellas, E. Tegou, I. Raptis, P. Argitis, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, E. Sarantopoulou, A. Cefalas, “Evaluation of Siloxane and Polyhedral Silsesquioxane Copolymers for 157 nm Lithography” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 2002, B 20 (6), 2902.
33. P. Fragouli, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, “Synthesis and Characterization of Linear Diblock and Triblock Copolymers of 2-Vinyl Pyridine and Ethylene Oxide” Polymer 2002, 43, 7141.
34. Ν. Hadjichristidis, S.Pispas, H. Iatrou, M. Pitsikalis, “Linking chemistry and anionic polymerization”Current Organic Chemistry 2002, 6, 155.
35. Ν. Hadjichristidis, S.Pispas, M. Pitsikalis, H. Iatrou, D. J. Lohse “Graft copolymers”
Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Technology, Wiley, 2002.
36. H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, G. Meier, H. Frielinghaus, and M. Monkenbusch “Synthesis and Characterization of Model Cyclic Block Copolymers of Styrene and Butadiene. Comparison of the Aggregation Phenomena in Selective Solvents with Linear Diblock and Triblock Analogues” Macromolecules 2002, 35, 5426.
37. Y. Zhu, S. Gido, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, J. Mays “Microphase Separation of Cyclic Block Copolymers of Styrene and Butadiene and of their Corresponding Linear Triblock Copolymers” Macromolecules 2003; 36; 148.
38. K. Yamauchi, K. Takahashi, H. Hasegawa, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, T. Kaneko, Y. Nishikawa, H. Jinnai, T. Matsui, H. Nishioka, M. Shimizu, H. Furukawa “Microdomain Morphology in an ABC 3-Miktoarm Star Terpolymer: A study by Energy-Filtering TEM and 3D Electron Tomography” Macromolecules 2003, 36, 6962.
39. Y. Zhu, S. Gido, M. Moschakou, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, S. Park, T. Chang “Effect of junction point functionality on the lamellar spacing of symmetric (PS)n(PI)n Miktoarm star block copolymers” Macromolecules 2003, 36, 5719.
40. P. Fragouli, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis “Synthesis and characterization of linear tetrablock quarterpolymers of styrene, isoprene, dimethylsiloxane and 2-vinylpyridine” J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem. 2003, 42, 514.
41. Nikos Hadjichristidis, Marinos Pitsikalis, Hermis Iatrou, Stergios Pispas “The Strength of the Macromonomer Strategy for Complex Macromolecular Architecture: Molecular Characterization, Properties and Applications of Polymacromonomers” Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2003, 24, 979.
42. Thrasyvoulos Aliferis, Hermis Iatrou, and Nikos Hadjichristidis “Living Polypeptides” Biomacromolecules 2004, 5, 1653.
43. J. Mays, D. Uhrig, S. Gido, Y. Zhu, R. Weidisch, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, K. Hong, F. Beyer, R. Lach, M. Buschnakowski “Synthesis and Structure-Property Relationship for Regular Multigraft Copolymers” Macromol. Symposia 2004, 215, 111.
44. X. Hu, Y. Zhu, S. Gido, T. Russell, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, F. Abuzain, and B. Garetz
“The effect of molecular architecture on the grain growth kinetics of AnBn star block copolymers” Faraday Discuss., 2005, 128, 103.
45. H. Iatrou, M. Pitsikalis, N. Hadjichristidis, “Hyperbranched Architectures. Synthesis-Characterization-Properties” NATO Science Series II: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (2004), 175 (Modification and Blending of Synthetic and Natural Macromolecules, 73-89, 2004, Kluwer Academic Publishers).
46. M. Vamvakaki, L. Papoutsakis, V. Katsamanis, T. Afchoudia, P. Fragouli, H. Iatrou, N. Hadjichristidis, S. Armes, S. Sidorov, D. Zhirov, V. Zhirov, M. Kostylev, L. Bronstein and S. Anastasiadis “Micellization in pH-sensitive amphiphilic block copolymers in aqueous media and the formation of metal nanoparticles” Faraday Discussions, 2005, 128, 129.
47. N. Hadjichristidis, H. Iatrou, M. Pitsikalis, “Macromolecular Engineering” McGraw Hill, Yearbook of Science and Technology 2005, 181.
48. K. Terao, B. Farmer, Y. Nakamura, H. Iatrou, K. Hong, J. Mays “Radius of Gyration of Polystyrene Combs and Centipedes in a Θ Solvent” Macromolecules 2005, 38, 1447.
49. N. Hadjichristidis, M. Pitsikalis and H. Iatrou “Synthesis of block copolymers” Advances in Polymer Science 2005, 189, 1.
50. N. Hadjichristidis, H. Iatrou, M. Pitsikalis, S. Pispas, A. Avgeropoulos “Linear and Non-Linear Multiblock Terpolymers. Synthesis, Self-Assembly in Selective Solvents and in Bulk” Progress in Polymer Science 2005, 30, 725.
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
University of Parma, Italy
International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Former member of MGH, USA
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Open Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology
Lyon Catholic University (UCLy) and Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (EPHE), France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology