Arghya Narayan Banerjee is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University (YU), South Korea. He was one of the five WCU Faculty members at YU. After finishing his Ph.D. (2005) from Jadavpur University, India, he joined University of Nevada and University of
Colorado at Boulder, USA before moving to YU. Arghya is the recipient of National Scholarship, Govt. of India and winner of CSIR fellowship – an all‐India‐based Young Scientist hunt. He is the member of
Electrochemical Society, Indian Physical Society, Materials Research Society and Electron Microscopy Society of India. He is the member of the Editorial Advisory board of International Journal of Research and Development (ISSN: 2279‐0438), Associate Editor of the journal Science Letters (Cognizure Publication, ISSN: 2454‐ 7239), Associate Editor of Global Journal of Nanomedicine (GJN) (Juniper Publishers), Editor of International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine (Peertechz Publication, ISSN: 2455‐3492) and Guest Editor of the journal Reviews in Advanced Sciences and Engineering (American Scientific Publisher). He is also the member of Advisory Committee of several international
conferences organized by the International Junction for Business Review and Modern Manufacturing.
Arghya’s research interests include Nanostructured Thin Films, Wide Bandgap Metal Oxides, Transparent Nano‐Electronics, Carbon‐Based High Surface Area Materials (Graphene, CNT, Micro/Mesoporous Carbon, Graphitic Carbon etc.) for Hydrogen Storage, Field Emission Devices for Vacuum icroelectronics,
Transparent Thin Film Junctions for UV‐Based Solar Cells, Layered Materials for Thermoelectric Converters, Polymer/Metal‐Oxide Nanocomposites for Super‐ Capacitors, Catalytic/Photocatalytic Degradation of Water‐Soluble Toxic Wastes for Environmental Remediation, Micro/Nanofluidics, among others. Currently, Arghya has two books, six book chapters/invited review articles, 72 peer‐reviewed articles and several conference proceedings to his credit, with nearly 2300 citations and Google‐Scholar based H‐index of 23 and i10‐index of 44 (as of Oct. 2017).
Research Interest: Nanostructured Thin Films, Wide Bandgap Metal Oxides, Transparent Nano‐ Electronics, Carbon‐Based High Surface Area Materials (Graphene, CNT, Micro/Mesoporous Carbon, Graphitic Carbon etc.) for Hydrogen Storage, Field Emission Devices for Vacuum Microelectronics, Transparent Thin Film Junctions for UV‐Based Solar Cells, Layered Materials for Thermoelectric
Converters, Polymer/Metal‐Oxide Nanocomposites for Super‐Capacitors, Catalytic/Photocatalytic Degradation of Water‐Soluble Toxic Wastes for Environmental Remediation, Micro/Nanofluidics, Bio‐application of nanomaterials.
URL of Official Website: https://yeungnam.academia.edu/ArghyaNarayanBanerjee
Grant/ Funding Details: Self‐Organized Nano‐ and Micro‐Patterning of Bio‐ Materials: A Fundamental Study with Applications to High‐ Throughput Biochip, National Research Foundation of Korea, 3.5 billion KRW.
Number of Publications: 91
Publications Link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=dvb1HdUAAAAJ
1. “Electro-typing” on Carbon Nanoparticles Filled Polymeric Film Using Conducting Atomic Force, S. Goswami, S. Nandy, A. N. Banerjee*, A. Kiazadeh, G. R. Dillip, J. V. Pinto, S. W. Joo, R. Martins, E. Fortunato; Adv. Mater.
2. Improved electrochemical properties of morphology controlled titania/titanate nanostructures prepared by in-situ hydrothermal surface modification of self-source Ti 11 Arghya Narayan Banerjee - Vitae substrate for high performance supercapacitors, Arghya Narayan Banerjee, V. C. Anitha, Sang W. Joo; Sci. Rep. (Nature Pub. Group) 7 (2017) 13227.
3. Improved electrochemical properties of highly porous amorphous manganese oxide nanoparticles with crystalline edges for superior supercapacitors, Hasi Rani Barai, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Sang Woo Joo; J. Ind. Engg. Chem. 56 (2017) 212–224.
4. In vitro cytotoxicity of in-situ synthesized zinc oxide anchored graphitic carbon nanofiber on HeLa cells; GR Dillip, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, TVM Sreekanth, VC Anitha, SW Joo; Mater. Sci. Semicond. Processing 59 (2017) 87-92.
5. Synthesis of amourphous manganese oxide nanoparticle-to-crystalline nanorod through a simple wet-chemical technique using K+ ion as ‘growth director’ and the morphology controlled high performance supercapacitor applications; Hasirani Barai, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Nazanin Hamnabard, Sang Woo Joo; RSC Adv. 6 (2016) 78887.
6. Fast Degradation of dyes in water using Manganese-Oxide-Coated Diatomite for Environmental Remediation; T.D. Dang, A N Banerjee*, Q. T. Tran, S. Roy; J. Phys. Chem. Solids 98 (2016) 50-58.
7. Nonstoichiometry-induced enhanced electrochemical capacitance in anodic TiO2 nanotubes with controlled pore diameter; Anitha V C, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Dillip G R, Sang Woo Joo, Bong Ki Min; J. Phys. Chem. C 120(18) (2016) 9569-9580.
8. A comparative study on the structural, optical and enhanced photocatalytic activity of Pddoped TiO2 nanoparticles for environmental remediation; A N Banerjee*, N. Hamnabard, S W Joo Ceramic International 42 (10) (2016) 12010-12026.
9. Oxygen Vacancy-Induced Structural, Optical, and Enhanced Supercapacitive Performance of Zinc Oxide Anchored Graphitic Carbon Nanofiber Hybrid Electrodes; Gowra Raghupathy Dillip, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Veettikunnu Chandran Anitha, Deva Prasad Raju Borelli, Sang Woo Joo, Bong-Ki Min; ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8(7) (2016) 5025-5039.
10. Enhanced electrochemical performance of morphology-controlled titania-reduced graphene oxide nanostructures fabricated via a combined anodization-hydrothermal process; V.C. Anitha, N. Hamnabard, A. N. Banerjee*, G.R. Dillip, S.W. Joo; RSC Adv. 6 (2016) 12571.
11. Effect of cerium doping on the structural, morphological, photoluminescent and thermoluminescent properties of sodium strontium pentaborate microstructures; S.W. Joo, B.D.P Raju, G.R. Dillip, A.N. Banerjee*, J.H. Jung; Applied Physics A 122 (2016) 102.
12. Determination of strain, site occupancy, photoluminescent, and thermolumine scenttrapping parameters of Sm 3+-doped NaSrB5O9 microstructures; B Ramesh, G Devarajulu, B Deva Prasad Raju, G Bhaskar Kumar, G R Dillip, A N Banerjee*, S W Joo; Ceramic International; 42 (2016) 1234-1245.
13. Prospects and Challenges of Graphene-Based Nanomaterials in Nanomedicine; Arghya Narayan Banerjee; Global Journal of Nanomedicine; 1(1) (2016) 555552.
14. A novel ambient-temperature sputter-irradiation process to convert ultra-thin amorphous carbon film into metal-incorporated graphitic microporous carbon with bi-to-multilayer graphene walls for enhanced hydrogen adsorption, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Sang Woo Joo, Bong-Ki Min; Sci. Lett. J. 5 (2016) 218.
15. Anchoring Mechanism of ZnO Nanoparticles on Graphitic Carbon Nanofiber Surfaces via Modified Co-Precipitation Method to Improve Interfacial Contact and Photocatalytic Performance; G. R. Dillip, A. N. Banerjee*, V. C. Anitha, S. W. Joo, B. K. Min, S. Y. Sawant, and M. H. Cho; ChemPhysChem 16 (2015).
16. Fabrication of hierarchical porous anodized titania nano-network with enhanced active surface area: Ruthenium-based dye adsorption studies for dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) application; Anitha VC, A N Banerjee*, SW Joo, BK Min; J. Ind. Engg. Chem.; 29 (2015) 227-237.
17. Morphology-dependent low macroscopic field emission properties of titania/titanate nanorods synthesized by alkali-controlled hydrothermal treatment of a metallic Ti surface; V C Anitha1, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Sang Woo Joo, Bong Ki Min; Nanotechnology 26(35) (2015) 355705.
18. Recent developments in TiO2 as n- and p-type transparent semiconductors: synthesis, modification, properties, and energy-related applications, V C Anitha, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Sang Woo Joo; J Mater Sci. 50(23) (2015) 7495-7536.
19. Graphene Solar Cells - Will it be the Ultimate Power Converter? Int. J. Nanometer. Nanotechnol. Nanomed. 1(1) (2015) 19-21 (Invited Editorial) Arghya Narayan Banerjee.
20. Barrier-Oxide Layer Engineering of TiO2 Nanotube Arrays to get Single- and Multi-Stage YBranched
Nanotubes: Effect of Voltage Ramping and Electrolyte Conductivity; Anitha VC, Banerjee* Arghya Narayan, Joo SW, Min BK; Mater. Sci. Engg. B; 195 (2015) 1-11.
21. Biofilm formation on TiO2 nanotube with controlled pore diameter and surface wettability; Anitha V.C, JH Lee, JT Lee, A N Banerjee*, S W Joo, BK Min; Nanotechnology 26(6) (2015) 065102.
22. Enhanced thermo-optical performance and high BET surface area of graphene@PVC nanocomposite fibers prepared by simple facile deposition technique: N2 adsorption study; M Hasan, AN Banerjee, M Lee; J Ind. Engg. Chem 21 (2015) 828-834.
23. Enhanced thermo-mechanical performance and strain-induced band gap reduction of TiO2@PVC nanocomposite films; Mudassir Hasan, Arghya Narayan Banerjee, Moonyong Lee; Bull. Mater. Sci. 38(2) 2015 283-290.
24. Synthesis of amorphous and crystalline manganese oxide hollow nanotubes with highly porous walls using carbon nanotube templates; T D Dang, A N Banerjee*, S W Joo, Ind. & Engg. Chem. Res. 53 (23) (2014) 9743-9753.
25. Nanocrystalline ZnO film deposition on flexible substrate by low-temperature sputtering process for plastic displays; A N Banerjee*, S W Joo, B K Min, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 14 (10) (2014) 7970-7975.
26. Effect of potassium ions on the formation of crystalline manganese oxide nanorods via acidic reduction of potassium permanganate, T D Dang, A N Banerjee*, S W Joo, B K Min, Ind. Engg. Chem. Res. 52 (2013) 14154 - 14159.
27. A review on Cu2O and CuI-based p-type semiconducting transparent oxide materials: Promising candidates for new generation oxide based electronics; Suman Nandy, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Elvira Fortunato, Rodrigo Martins; Reviews in Advanced Sciences and Engineering 2 (4) (2013) 273-304.
28. Poole-Frenkel effect in sputter-deposited CuAlO2+x nanocrystals; Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Sang W Joo, Nanotechnology 24 (2013) 165705.
29. Ambient-temperature fabrication of microporous carbon terminated with graphene walls by sputtering process for hydrogen storage applications; Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Sang Woo Joo, Bong Ki Min, Thin Solid Films 537 (2013) 49-57.
30. Bio-silica coated with amorphous manganese oxide as an efficient catalyst for rapid degradation of organic pollutant; T.D. Dang, A.N. Banerjee, M.A. Cheney, S. Qian, S.W. Joo, B.K. Min; Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 106 (2013) 151–157.
31. Synthesis of metal-incorporated graphitic microporous carbon terminated with highlyordered graphene walls – controlling the number of graphene layers by ambienttemperature metal sputtering; A N Banerjee*, B K Min , S W Joo, Appl. Surf. Sci. 268 (2013) 588 – 600.
32. Structural studies and optical properties of pearls irradiated by γ-ray, Hea-Yeon Kim, Younes anifehpour, Arghya Narayan Banerjee, B K Min, S W Joo, W G Jung, Radiation Effects and Defects in Solids,
33. Cell Electrofusion in Microfluidic Devices: A Review, Ning Hu, Jun Yang, Sang W. Joo, Arghya Narayan Banerjee, Shizhi Qian; Sensors and Actuators B 178 (2013) 63 – 85.
34. Quantum size effect in the photoluminescence properties of p-type semiconducting transparent CuAlO2 nanoparticles for solar energy applications; A N Banerjee*, S Joo, B Min, J. Appl. Phys. 112 (2012) 114329.
35. A simple biogenic route to rapid synthesis of Au@TiO2 nanocomposites by electrochemically
active biofilms, S. Kalathil, M. M. Khan, A. N. Banerjee, J. Lee, M. H. Cho, J. Nanoparticle Research.
36. Site-specific fabrication of graphitic microporous carbon terminated with ordered multilayer
graphene walls; Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Sang W Joo, Bonk K min, Ashutosh Sharma, Physica Status Solidi Rapid Research Letter, 6(7) (2012) 315-317..
37. Efficient production and characterization of electrolytic ultrapure manganese oxides via lectrodeposition from permanganate solution; M. A. Cheney, S. W. Joo, A. N. Banerjee, B.K. Min, J. Colloid Interface Sciences, 379 (2012) 141–143..
38. Photocatalytic degradation of organic dye by sol-gel derived gallium-doped anatase titanium oxide nanoparticles for environmental remediation; Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Sang Woo Joo and Bong-Ki Min, Journal of Nanomaterials, Volume 2012 (2012),
39. Low-macroscopic field-emission properties of wide-bandgap copper aluminum oxide nanoparticles for low-power panel applications, Arghya N Banerjee*, S Joo,Nanotechnology 22 (2011).
40. High speed droplet actuation on single-plate electrode arrays, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*,Shizhi Qian, Sang Woo Joo, Journal of Colloid Interface Sci. 362 (2011) 567-574.
41. Auto-barrier-thinning effect under rapid anodization of nanoporous alumina membrane, A N Banerjee*, S W Joo, Physica Status Solidi Rapid Research Lett. 5(7) (2011) 238-240.
42. Large field enhancement at electrochemically grown quasi-1D Ni nanostructures with lowthreshold
cold field electron emission, A N Banerjee*, S Qian, SW Joo, Nanotechnology 22 (2011) 035702.
43. The design, fabrication and photocatalytic utility of nanostructured semiconductors - focus on TiO2-based nanostructures, Arghya Narayan Banerjee*, Nanotechnology, Science and Applications 4 (2011).
44. Wet-chemical dip-coating preparation of highly oriented copper-aluminium-oxide film and opto-electrical characterization, Arghya Narayan Banerjee, Kalyan Kumar Chattopadhyay, Sang Woo Joo, Physica B 406 (2011) 220-220.
45. Field emission characterization of vertically oriented uniformly grown nickel nanorod arrays on metal-coated silicon substrate, S W Joo, A N Banerjee*, J. Appl. Phys 107 (2010) 114317.
46. FESEM studies of densely-packed aligned nickel nanopillars on silicon substrate by electrochemical deposition through porous alumina membrane, Sang Woo Joo, Arghya Banerjee*, Materials Science and Engineering B, 175 (2010) 36-40.
47. Electrochemical Growth of Ordered Nickel Nano-Rods within a Composite Structure of Anodic-Alumina-Membrane/Metal/Silicon Substrate, Arghya Banerjee*, Nilanjan Halder, J Nanosci Nanotechnology.
48. Isothermal Titration Calorimetry, Transmission Electron Microscopy, and Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy of Main-Chain Viologen Polymer Containing Bromide as Counterions, Pradip K Bhowmik, Marcos A Cheney, Robin Jose, Haesook Han, Arghya Banerjee, Longzhou Ma and Lee D Hansen, Polymer 50 (2009) 2393-2401.
49. Synthesis and Characterization of Birnessite and Cryptomelane Nanostructures in Presence of Hoffmeister Anions, Marcos A Cheney, Robin Jose, Arghya Banerjee, Pradip K Bhowmik, Shizhi Qian, Joseph M Okoh, Journal of Nanomaterials, Vol. 2009 (2009).
50. A CMOS compatible non-lithographic nanomanufacturing system, B Das, AN Banerjee, Int. J. Nanomanufacturing, 2(6) (2008) 543 – 555.more......
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Lyon Catholic University (UCLy) and Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (EPHE), France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology