Clinical and laboratory expressions of connective tissue diseases, inflammatory and metabolic joints’ diseases. Particular interest in diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH).
1991 The Physicians' Services Incorporated Foundation, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Title of Project: Serum Myosin Light Chain Determination in the Diagnosis and Management of Myositis. Funding: 154,383 $CND, Main Investigators: Dr. EC Keystone, Dr. PD Nicol
2017 Technion Institute of Technology, Haifa Israel. Magnetic resonance imaging in high risk patients for the development of diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Funding 20000$US.(Plus 20000$ institutional matching)
2018 Israel American Foundation. Biomarkers for interstitial lung disease in
patients with rheumatoid arthritis. (budget 44.000$).
1.MD Theses: Our experience with the surgical treatment of megaesophagus. Supervisor: Prof. L.Possati.(Italian)
2. Basic science: Histopathological findings in intestinal biopsies-A ten years experience. Supervisor: Prof. E. Levi.(Hebrew).
3.Clinical epidemiology: Effect of methotrexate Vs azathioprine in the treatment of polymyositis/ dermatomyositis. Supervisor: Dr. Goodwin.
Refereed papers in professional journals:
Basic research (Hypothesis-driven)
1. Mader R, Gladman DD, Long J, Gough J, Farewell VT. Does injectable gold retard radiologic evidence of joint damage in psoriatic arthritis? Clin Invest Med 1995; 18:139-143.
2. Mader R, Nicol PD, Pauzner R, Sehgal VJ, Turley JJ, Keystone EC. Serum myosin light chain determinations in patients with inflammatory myopathy-a preliminary report. Ann Rheum Dis 1995; 54:608-9.
3. Mader R, Ziv M, Adawi M, Mader R, Lavi I. Thrombophylic factors and their relation to thromboembolic and other clinical manifestations in Behcet’s disease. J Rheumatol 1999;26(11):2404-8.
4. Markel G, Leiberman N, Katz G, Arnon TI, Lotem M, Drize O, Blumberg RS, Bar-Haim E, Mader R, Eisenbach L, Mandelboim O. CD66a interactions between human melanoma and NK cells: A novel class I MHC indepenent inhibitory mechanism of cytotoxicity. J Immunol 2002; 168:2803-10.
5. Mader R, Ziporen L, Mader R, Neumann L, Buskila D. Antiphospholipid antibodies: Its prevalence, clinical and socio demographic characteristics, pattern of referral and clinical outcome. Experience from a central laboratory. Clin Rheumatol 2002; 21:386-9l.
6. Mader R, Lavi I, Luboshitzky R. Evaluation of the pituitary adrenal axis function following single intra-articular injection of methylprednisolone. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52:924-8.
7. Azuz-Lieberman N, Markel G, Mizrahi S, Gazit R, Hannah J, Achdout H, Gruda R, Battat S, Zamir E, Adawi M, Mader R, Mandelboim O. The Involvement of Natural Killer cells in Ankylosing Spondylitis. Int Immunol 2005; 17: 837-45.
8. R. Mader, S. Mishail, M. Adawi, I. Lavi, R. Luboshitzky. Thyroid dysfunction in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): relation to disease activity. Clin Rheumatol 2007; 26:1891-4.
9. Paz E, Adawi M, Lavi I, Mussel Y, Mader R. Antinuclear antibodies measured by enzyme immunoassay in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: relation to disease activity. Rheumatology Int 2007; 27: 941-945.
10. Silverman MH, Strand V, Markovits D, Nahir M, Reitblat T, Molad Y, Rosner I, Rozenbaum M, Mader R , Adawi M, Caspi D, Tishler M, Langevitz P, Rubinow A, Friedman J, Green L, Tanay A, Ochaion A, Cohen S, Kerns WD, Cohn I, Fishman-Furman S, Farbstein M, Yehuda SB, Fishman P. Clinical evidence for utilization of the A3 adenosine receptor as a target to treat rheumatoid arthritis: data from a phase II clinical trial. J Rheumatol 2008; 35:41-8.
11. Mader R, Novofestovski I, Adawi M, Lavi I. Metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular risk in patients with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Semin Arthritis Rheum 2009; 38:361-365
12. Mader R, Lavi I. Diabetes mellitus and hypertension as risk factors for early diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2009; 17: 825-828.
13. Mader R, Novofastovski I, Rosner E, Adawi M, Herer P, Buskila D. Non articular tenderness and functional status in patients with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis. J Rheumatol 2010; 37:1911-6.
14. Mader R, Koton Y, Buskila D, Herer P, Elias M. Serum iron and iron stores in non-anemic patients with fibromyalgia. Clin Rheumatol 2012; 31:595-599.
15. Mader R, Buskila D, Verlaan JJ, Atzeni F, Olivieri I, Pappone N, Di Girolamo C, Sarzi-Puttini P. Developing New Classification Criteria for Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis: Back to Square One. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2013; 52:326-30.
16. Reuven Mader, Irina Novofastovski, Salvatore Iervolino, Alex Pavlov, Leonid Chervinsky, Naama Schwartz, Nicola Pappone.Ultrasonography of peripheral entheses in the diagnosis and understanding of diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Rheumatology Int 2015; 35:493-7.
17. Pappone N, Dario di Mino MN, Iervolino S, Lupoli R, Mader R, Zincarelli C, Peluso R. The impact of concomitant diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis on the achievement of minimal disease activity in subjects with psoriatic arthritis. Rheumatology Int2015; 35:2041-6.
18. Mahmoud Abu–Shakra, Devy Zisman, Alexandra Balbir-Gurman, Howard Amital, Yair Levy, Pnina Langevitz, Moshe Tishler, Yair Molad, Suhail Aamar, Itzhak Roser, Nina Avshovich, Daphna Paran, Tatiana Reitblat, Reuven Mader, Hillel Savin, Joshua Friedman, Nicky Lieberman and Sharon Ehrlich. Effect of Tocilizumab on Fatigue and Bone Mineral Density in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. IMAJ 2018; 20: 239-244.
19. Dan Lantsman Christine, Herman Amir, Verlaan Jorrit-Jan, Stern Miryam, Mader Reuven, Iris Eshed. Visceral adiposity in diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis and ankylosing spondylitis subjects compared to controls. Clin Radiology 2018, ;73:910.e15-910.e20.
20. Mader R, Novofastovski I, Schwartz N, Rosner E. Serum adiponectin levels in patients with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Clin Rheumatol. 2018, 34:2839-2845.
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Oklahoma University, USA
Archives of Anatomy and Physiology
Catholic University of Lyon, France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Saint Joseph Hospital , Germany
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."