Lawrence Lavery is a Professor in the Department of Plastic Surgery, as well as Director of Clinical Research in the Department of Plastic Surgery, at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX. His research group has published 210 peer reviewed papers and has received extramural funding from the Veterans Administration, the National Institute of Health, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the American Diabetes Association, and the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Research Interest: Diabetes, Ulcers, Infections, Neuropathy and Osteomyelities
Grants: Supporting with number of grants
List of Publications:
1. Lavery LA, Oz OK, Bhavan K, Wukich DK. Diabetic Foot Syndrom in the Twenty-First Century. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2019 July; 3, 355-359.
2. Kim, PJ, Attinger CE, Orgill D, Galiano RD, Steinberg JS, Evans KK, Lavery LA. Complex Lower Extremity Wound in the Complex Host: Results from a Multicenter Registry. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Global. 2019 Apr. Epub ahead of print.
3. Ahn J, Raspovic KM, Liu GT, Lavery LA, La Fontaine J, Nakonezny PA, Wukich, DK. Lower Extremity Necrotizing Fasciitis in Diabetic and Nondiabetic Patients: Mortality and Amputation. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2019 Apr. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 30929530.
4. Lavery LA, Bhavan K, Wukich DK. Biofilm and diabetic foot ulcer healing: all hat and no cattle. Annals of Translational Medicine 2019 Mar. Epub ahead of print.
5. La Fontaine J, Crisologo PA, Lavery L. Current concepts in curative surgery for diabetic forefoot ulcers. The Foot 2019 Jan 10 (39) 37-44. Epub ahead of print.
6. Olson E, Mahar KM, Morgan L, Fillmore C, Holland C, Lavery L. Randomized Phase I Trial to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of Topical Daprodustat in Healthy Volunteers and Patients with Diabetic Foot Ulcers. Clin Pharmacol Drug Dev. 2019 Feb 5. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 30720931.
7. Liu JW, Ahn J, Raspovic KM, Liu GT, Nakonezny PA, Lavery LA, Wukich DK. Increased Rates of Readmission, Reoperation, and Mortality Following Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Ankle Fractures are Associated with Diabetes Mellitus. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2019 Feb 11. Epub ahead of print.
8. Ryan EC, Ahn J, Wukich DK, Kim PJ, La Fontaine J, Lavery LA. Diagnostic Utility of Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and C-Reactive Protein in Osteomyelitis of the Foot in Persons without Diabetes. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2019 Jan 23. Epub ahead of print.
9. Ahn J, Raspovic KM, Liu GT, Lavery LA, La Fontaine J, Nakonezny PA, Wukich DK. Rental Function as a Predictor of Early Transmetatarsal Amputation Failure. Foot Ankle Spec. 2018 Dec 12. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 30537872.
10. Lavery LA, Crisologo PA. Non-invasive vascular screening test to diagnose peripheral vascular disease. Ann Transl Med. 2018 Dec; 6(Suppl 2). PMID: 30740429.
11. Yavuz M, Ersen A, Hartos J, LAVERY LA, Wukich D, Hirschman G, Armstrong D, Quiben M, Adams L. Temperature as a Causative factor in Diabetic Foot Ulceration: A Call to Revisit Ulcer Pathomechanics. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2018 Nov 14. (Epub ahead of print). PMID: 30427732.
12. Niederauer MQ, Michalek JE, Liu Q, Papas KK, LAVERY LA, Armstrong DG. Continuous diffusion of oxygen improves diabetic foot ulcer healing when compared with a placebo control: a randomized, double-blind, multicenter study. J Wound Care. 2018 Sep 1;27(Sup9): S30-S45. PMID: 30207844.
13. LAVERY, LA, Fulmer J, Shebetka KAS, Regulski M, Vayer, D, Fried D, Kashefsky H, Owings TM, Nadarajah J, Phelan DHK. Open-label Extension Phase of a Chronic Diabetic Foot Ulcer Multicenter, Controlled, Ramdomised Clinical Trial Using Cryopreserved Placental Membrance. Wounds Epub 2018 June. PMID: 30256747.
14. Raspovic KM, Wukich DK, Naiman DQ, LAVERY LA, Kirsner RS, Kim PJ, Steinberg JS, Attinger CE, Danilkovitch A. Effectiveness of viable cryopreserved placental membranes for management of diabetic foot ulcers in a real world setting. Wound Repair Regen, 2018 Mar; 26(2): 213-220. PMID: 29683538.
15. Ahn J, Del Core MA, Wukich DK, Liu GT, Lalli T, VanPelt MD, La Fontaine J, Lavery LA, Raspovic KM. Scoring mental health quality of life with the SF-36 in patients with and without diabetes foot complications. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2018 Mar. PMID: 29546783.
16. LAVERY LA, Lavery DC, Hunt NA, La Fontaine J, Lavery RD. Does the start of dialysis initiate a period of increased risk of ulceration or amputation? J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2018 Jan; 108-(1):1-5. PMID: 29547031.
17. Van Asten SAV, Mithani M, Peters EIG, La Fontaine J, Kim PJ, Lavery LA. Complications during the treatment of diabetic foot osteomyelitis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018 Jan;135:58-64. PMID: 28951333.
18. Crisologo PA, Lavery LA. Remote home monitoring to identify and prevent diabetic foot ulceration. Ann Transi Med. 2017 Nov;5(21):430. PMID: 29201882.
19. Lavery LA, Ryan EC. Does Continuous Diffusion of Oxygen Improve Diabetic Foot Ulcer Healing? J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2017 Sep; 11(5):892-893. PMID: 28728437.
20. Sanniec K, Nguyen T, van Asten S, La Fontaine J, Lavery LA. Split-Thickness Skin Grafts to the Foot and Ankle of Diabetic Patients. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2017 Sep; 107(5):365-368. PMID: 29077498.
China University of Political Science and Law, China
Forensic Science Today
Sassari University, Italy
Archive of Urological Research
Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Open Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
Saint Joseph Hospital , Germany
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy