IR. DR. LAI CHIN WEI is a senior lecturer in the Nanotechnology & Catalysis Research Centre, University of Malaya. He received his Ph.D (2013) from School of Materials and Mineral Resources Engineering, University of Science Malaysia in nanomaterials and nanoscience. Lai’s main research interests are in the areas of chemically modified metal oxide photocatalysts and carbon graphene materials, especially apply in environmental pollution management and solar energy technology. Lai has contributed immensely to the development and enhancement in science & technology in Malaysia, particularly in developing, optimizing and simplifying the technology lies in the synthesis of nanoparticles, metal oxide nano-architecture and carbon/graphene materials which are of high significance for green energy and environment applications. Lai’s works have been published in more than 120 refereed international top-tier journals with h-index of 18 and 100 international proceedings in materials science, physics, chemistry, and renewable energy researches. In all, Lai has reviewed more than 200 papers in the past few years, mainly for top international journals and conferences. Since 2013, his research has been funded by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia, MOHE (FRGS, HIR-MOHE); Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Malaysia, MOSTI (E-Science fund, National Nanotechnology Development), and internal University funding (University of Malaya Research Grant). Being a reputable researcher, his enthusiasm and dedication towards research work, Lai has won several prestigious university, national and international awards in exposition on research innovation, invention & solution. In addition, he successfully awarded “Certificate of Excellent Service UM” for his excellent contribution and service in the year of 2013, 2014 and 2015. Through his work nanomaterials and catalysis field, Lai was awarded the University of Malaya Excellence Awards in the category of outstanding researcher- UM Young Researcher (Sciences Discipline) and selected to be a member of the Young Scientist Network – Academy of Sciences Malaysia (YSN-ASM) in 2015. Lately, Lai was awarded as Finalists National Young Scientist Award 2018 by Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Malaysia and won Mass Young Researcher Award 2018 by Malaysian Solid State Science & Technology Society, Malaysia. On professional qualifications, Lai registered as a Professional Engineer (PEng) in Material Engineering discipline with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM) and registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) with the Engineering Council, UK in 2017. Lai is an active member in The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM, MAL), Energy Institute (EI, UK) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE, UK). He is recognised as among the calibre and outstanding young scientists in the country who have the potential of advancing the scientific ecosystem in Malaysia.
Coal Energy Technology (Graphene-based catalysts; Cellulose; Carbon-based catalysts; Carbon nanotubes) Semiconductor Materials (Titanium Dioxide, Tungsten Trioxide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Oxide, Iron Oxide) Nano Materials (Nano-tubes, Nano-rods, Nano-particles, Nano-wires) Solar Energy Technology (Hydrogen Fuel Cell, Photoelectrochemical Cell, Photovoltaic Cell, Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell) Waste Management (Environmental Pollution Management) Composite Materials (Photocatalyst, Metal Oxides, Hybrid Materials, Advanced Materials)
List of Publications:
1. Foo Wah Low, Chin Wei Lai, Christelle Pau Ping Wong, Carbonaceous Composite Materials: Chapter 1: Graphene and Graphene/TiO2 Nanocomposites for Renewable Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Book ISBN: 9781945291975-1, Publisher: Materials Research Forum LLC, USA [DOI: 10.21741/9781945291975-1].
2. Chin Wei Lai, Kian Mun Lee, Bey Fen Leo, Christelle Pau Ping Wong and Soon Weng Chong, Polymeric Materials for Clean Water: Chapter 7: Polymers as Water Disinfectants, Book ISBN: 978-3-030-00742-3, Publisher: Springer Nature Switzerland AG. [DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-00743-0_7].
3. Swe Jyan Teh, Tong Ling Tan, Chin Wei Lai and Kian Mun Lee, (2018), Carbon Nanotubes for Clean Water: Chapter 5: Catalysis, Book ISBN: 978-3-319-95602-2, Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature. [DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-95603-9_5].
4. Swe Jyan Teh, Chin Wei Lai, (2018), Applications of Nanocomposite Materials in Dentistry: Chapter 5: Carbon nanotubes for dental implants, Book ISBN 978-0128137420 , Publisher: Woodhead Publishing Elsevier; 1 edition, Oxford, UK, [DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-813742-0.00005-5].
5. Chin Fei Chee, Bey Fen Leo, Chin Wei Lai, (2018), Applications of Nanocomposite Materials in Drug Delivery: Chapter 37: Superparamagnetic nanoparticles for drug delivery, Book ISBN 978-0128137413, Publisher: Woodhead Publishing Elsevier; 1 edition, Oxford, UK, [DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-813741-3.00038-8].
6. Nur Azimah Abd Samad, Kung Shiuh Lau, Chin Wei Lai, (2018), Innovations in Engineered Porous Materials for Energy Generation and Storage Applications: Chapter 11: Wide Band Gap Nano-Semiconductors For Solar Driven Hydrogen Generation, Book ISBN: 978-1-13-873902-4, Publisher: CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, The USA.
7. Christelle Pau Ping Wong, Chin Wei Lai, Joon Ching Juan, (2018), Electrochemical Capacitors: Theory, Materials and Applications; Chapter 7: Hydrothermal Synthesis of Supercapacitors Electrode Materials, Book ISBN 978-1-945291-56-2, Publisher: Materials Research Forum LLC, The USA. [DOI: 10.21741/9781945291579].
8. Chin Wei Lai, (2018), Nano Hybrids and Composites Vol. 20: Chapter 1: WO3-TiO2 Nanocomposite and its Applications: A Review, Book ISBN 978-3-0357-1256-8, Publisher:Trans Tech Publications Inc.,Switzerland. [DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/NHC.20]
9. Chin Wei Lai, Kian Mun Lee, Joon Ching Juan, (2017), Nanocomposites for Visible Light-Induced Photocatalysis; Chapter 7: Polymeric Nanocomposites for Visible Light-Induced Photocatalysis, Book ISBN 978-3-319-62446-4, Publisher: Springer International Publishing, UK. [DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-62446-4].
10. Izazi Azzahidah Amin, Joon Ching Juan, Chin Wei Lai, (2017), Organic-Inorganic Composite Polymer Electrolyte Membranes: Chapter 12: An Overview of Chemical and Mechanical Stabilities of Polymer Electrolytes Membrane, pp. 327-340, Book ISBN: 978-3-319-52738-3, Publisher: Springer International Publishing, UK. [DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-52739-0-12].
11. Chin Wei Lai, Sharifah Bee Abd. Hamid, (2016), Renewable Energy and Sustainable Developments: Chapter 8: A mini review on titanium dioxide photocatalyst: nano-crystalline and nano-tubular systems in solar-driven water electrolysis application, pp. 291-311, ISBN: 978-1-938681-70-7; Publisher: Scientific & Academic P Publishing, USA.
12. Chin Wei Lai, Kung Shiuh Lau, An Advanced Hybrid Nanocomposite Film and Its Photocatalytic Water Electrolysis Response, International Journal of Nanoelectronics and Materials, Accepted, (2018). (SCOPUS-Indexed)
13. Foo Wah Low, Chin Wei Lai, Reduced graphene oxide decorated TiO2 for improving dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs), Current Nanoscience, Accepted, (2018), DOI: 10.2174/1573413714666180724113106. (ISI-Indexed)
14. Chin Wei Lai, Kung Shiuh Lau, Pui May Chou, Controlled synthesis of well-aligned and highly ordered TiO2 nanotubes without bundling for enhanced solar-powered photoelectrochemical responses, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Accepted, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
15. Chin Wei Lai, Kung Shiuh Lau, Pui May Chou, CdSe/TiO2 Nanotubes for enhanced photoelectrochemical activity under solar illumination: Influence of soaking time in CdSe bath solution, Chemical Physics Letters, Accepted, (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.cplett.2018.10.054 (ISI-Indexed)
16. Xin Hui Yau, Cheng Seong Khe, Mohamed Shuaib Mohamed Saheed, Chin Wei Lai, Effect on the Formation of Magnetite Reduced Graphene Oxide with Controlled Stirring Duration, MATEC Web of Conferences, 202, Article Number: 01003, (2018). (SCOPUS-Indexed)
17. Tong Ling Tan, Chin Wei Lai, Sok Lai Hong, Suraya Abdul Rashid, New insights into the photocatalytic endocrine disruptors dimethyl phathalate esters degradation by UV/MWCNTs-TiO2 nanocomposites, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 364, pp. 177-189, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
18. Syazwan Hanani Meriam Suhaimy, Chin Wei Lai, Hairul Anuar Tajuddin, Emy Marlina Samsudin, Mohd Rafie Johan, Impact of TiO2 nanotubes’ morphology on the photocatalytic degradation of simazine pollutant, Materials, 11, pp. 2066-2081, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
19. Ru Bin Lee, Joon Ching Juan, Chin Wei Lai, Kian Mun Lee, The relationship between iron and Ilmenite for photocatalyst degradation. Advanced Powder Technology, 29(8), pp. 1779-1786, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
20. Bao Lee Phoon, Chin Wei Lai, Guan-Ting Pan, Thomas C.-K. Yang, Joon Ching Juan, One-pot hydrothermal synthesis of strontium titanate nanoparticles photoelectrode using electrophoretic deposition for enhancing photoelectrochemical water splitting, Ceramics International, 44(8), pp. 9923-9933, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
21. Kian Mun Lee, Chin Wei Lai, Joon Ching Juan, Stability of custom-designed photoreactor for photocatalytic degradation of reactive black 5 dye using zinc oxide, Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology, 53(7), pp. 462-467, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
Domenico Antonio Restivo
Nuovo Garibaldi Hospital, Italy
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
Dr. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Archive of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."