H.O Nwankwoala is a lecturer in the Department of Geology, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. He obtained B.Sc in Geology from University of Port Harcourt and an M.Phil in Environmental Management (Environmental Geosciences option) from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt and Ph.D in Applied Hydrogeology from the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. He has carried out several research projects and consultancy work in the areas of Hydrogeology, and has been a Consultant Geoscientist to a number of Geoscientific/Environmental Companies/firms. He has also taken part in and coordinated a number of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and groundwater potability studies. He has also served in many capacities in the academia within Nigeria and provided expertise internationally, working for United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as Nigerian Lead Groundwater Expert in the Transboundary Water Assessment Programme (TWAP) for West and Central African countries. He is a prolific researcher and widely published in both local and international high impact factor indexed journals. He is an active member of many professional societies which include the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS), the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE), and the International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS), amongst others.
Research Interest: His research interests are broad-based and have ranged widely over the hydrogeological spectrum, (including but not limited to environmental geochemistry, contaminant hydrogeology, biogeochemistry, geo-microbiology, environmental geo-techniques, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), waste management, water resources planning/management and sustainability, and environmental hydrogeology with special emphasis to hydro-geochemistry, groundwater/geochemical modelling and pollution studies, and medical geology.
List of Publications:
1. Nwankwoala, H.O, Amadi, A.N; Warmate, T and Jmoh, M.O (2015). Geotechnical Properties of Sub-soils in Escravos Estuary, Western Niger Delta, Nigeria. American Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, 3(1): 8 – 14. DOI:10.12691/aees-2-4-2.
2. Oborie, E; Udom, G.J and Nwankwoala, H.O (2014). Characterization of aquifers in Yenagoa and Ogbia areas of Bayelsa State, Nigeria: A geo-electrical approach. Advance Journal of Physical Sciences, 3(2): 31 39.
3. Ohwoghere-Asuma, O; Chiyem, F.I and Nwankwoala, H.O (2014). 2D Resistivity Electrical Imaging of Unsaturated and Saturated Zones for Crude Oil Spillage at Agbarha in Ugheli area of Delta State, Nigeria. New York Science Journal, 7(2): 30 – 35.
4. Nwankwoala, H.O and Warmate, T (2014). Subsurface Soil Characterization of a Site for Infrastructural Development Purposes in D/Line, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 4(6): 139 – 148.
5. Nwankwoala, H.Oand Ngah, S.A (2014). Groundwater Resources of the Niger Delta: Quality Implications and Management Considerations. International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, 6(5): 155 – 163.
6. Udom, G.J; Nwankwoala, H.O and Jephthah, H.A (2013). Seasonal Variations in Groundwater Chemistry in parts of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria. International Journal of Innovative Environmental Studies Research 1(2): 40 – 54.
7. Nwankwoala, H.O (2013). Aquifer Hydraulic Conductivity Determination from Grain Size Analysis in parts of Old Port Harcourt Township, Nigeria. ARPN Journal of Science and Technology 3(9): 972 – 981.
8. Nwankwoala, H.O (2013). Ionic Abundance and Distributions in Groundwater Systems: A Case Study. Greener Journals of Physical sciences 3(4): 115 – 130.
9. Amadi, A.N; Nwankwoala, H.O, Olasehinde, P.I, Okoye, N.O, Okunlola, I.A & Alkali, Y.B (2012). Investigation of aquifer quality in Bonny Island, Eastern Niger Delta, Nigeria using geophysical and geochemical techniques. Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences (JETEAS), Vol.3 (1): 183 – 187.
10. Nwankwoala, H.O and Walter, I.O (2012). Assessment of Groundwater Quality in Shallow Coastal Aquifers of Okrika Island, Eastern Niger Delta, Nigeria. Ife Journal of Science. 14(2): 297 – 304.
11. Nwankwoala, H.O (2012). Investigation of Geotechnical Engineering Properties of Subsurface Soils in Bonny Island, Eastern Niger Delta. Nature Environment and Pollution Technology, An International Quarterly Scientific Journal. 11(4): 527 – 534.
12. Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Assessment of groundwater quality in parts of Bayelsa State, Eastern Niger Delta. The IUP Journal of Soil and Water Science, Vol.11 (4): 7 – 23.
13. Odigi, M.I; Ukren, L.O & Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Distribution of heavy metals in soils of Port Harcourt and its environs, Niger Delta, Nigeria. Chinese Journal of Geochemistry, Vol. 30: 415 – 421.
14. Ushie, F.A and Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). A Preliminary geoelectrical appraisal of groundwater in Yalla, Southern Benue Trough, South-East Nigeria. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 9 (1): 01 – 07
15. Nwankwoala, H.O and Udom, G.J (2011). Hydrochemicalfacies and ionic ratios of groundwater in Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria. Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, Vol.1 (3): 87 – 101.
16. Nwankwoala, H.O and Udom, G.J(2011). Investigation of hydro-geochemical characteristics of groundwater in Port Harcourt City, Nigeria: Implications for use and vulnerability. Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management. 15(3):479-488.
17. Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Hydrochemical and suitability evaluation of groundwater in Bonny Island, Eastern Niger Delta. African Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol. 3 (6): 271 – 277.
18. Ukandu, J.S; Udom, G.J and Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Hydrochemistry of groundwater in Umuahia South Local Government Area, Abia State, Nigeria. British Journal of Applied Science and Technology, Vol.1 (4): 141 – 151
19. Ukandu, J.S; Udom, G.J and Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Aspects of the Hydrogeology of Umuahia South Government Area, Abia State, Nigeria. E3 Journal of Environmental Research and Management. 2(2): 014 – 026.
20. Nwankwoala, H.O; Udom, G.J and Ugwu, S.A (2011). Some heavy metal investigations in groundwater sources in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Technology in Environmental Sanitation, Vol. 1 (2):163 - 170.
21. Nwankwoala, H.O (2011): Institutional framework/agenda for sustainable rural water and sanitation in Nigeria. International Journal of Current Research, Vol. 3 (11): 206 – 209.
22. Nwankwoala, H.O and Udom, G.J (2009). Predictive mathematical modeling of iron in the groundwater systems of Eagle Island, Port Harcourt. Water Resources Journal of the Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists (NAH), Vol. 19: 26 - 31.
23. Nwankwoala, H.O ;Pabon, D and Amadi, P.A (2009). Seasonal distribution of Nitrate and Nitrite levels in Eleme abattoir environment, Rivers State. Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management, Vol.13 (4): 35 – 38
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Open Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology
Sassari University, Italy
Archive of Urological Research
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation