Dr. Chavda is dedicated and highly motivated research scientist with more than 13 years of rich Industry-Academic experience. His area of interest is development of formulations including Oral solids, Liquids, Semi-solids, Parenterals and NDDS. He has developed stable and robust formulations across various dosage forms. He has sound understanding of formulation and development using QbD and DOE approaches. He has understanding of product development lifecycle, clinical and regulatory requirements of regulatory bodies like UKMHRA, USFDA etc. There are more than 35 International and National research publications to his credit. In addition to that he has several magazines related articles and Books publications. He is providing editorial service for international journals. He is serving as reviewer at Elsevier, Bentham Sciences, Informa Healthcare, and Wiley Journals.
List of publications:
1. Chavda HV*, Neerumalla S, Patel A, Poptani S. Excipients: The Real Players behind Robust
Formulation. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. January 2019; 53(1):
2. Chavda HV*. Artificial Neural Networks in Pharma Product Development. Chronicle
Pharmabiz. May 2018; 18(23): 42-43.
3. Chavda HV*. 3D printing: Upcoming revolution for pharmaceutical industry. Chronicle
Pharmabiz. April 2018; 18(21): 10.
4. Chavda HV*. Qbd in Developing Topical Dosage Forms. Elyns Journal of Pharmaceutical
Research December 2016; 2(1): 90000106. [Short Communication]
5. Chavda HV*. Nanopharmaceuticals: The Pharmaceuticals of Present Era. Elyns Journal of
Pharmaceutical Research 2016; 1(2): 106e. [Editorial Article]
6. Chavda HV*, Naik S, Mukhopadhyay P. QbD Concept Implementation for Excipients.
Ingredients South Asia Magazine. Saffron Media Publication, November, 2016; 11: 119-120.
7. Chavda HV*. Reforms in Pharmaceutical Education in India. Ingredients South Asia
Magazine. Saffron Media Publication, April 16-30, 2016; 9(14): 48-51.
8. Chavda HV*. African Market: Big Window of Opportunity. Ingredients South Asia Magazine.
Saffron Media Publication, January 16-31, 2016; 9(8): 30-32.
9. Chavda HV*. SPHs as an Unusual Upcoming Excipient. Ingredients South Asia Magazine.
Saffron Media Publication, December 1-15, 2015; 9(5): 104-111.
10. Chavda HV*, Patel RI, Patel CN. Preparation and Characterization of Ternary Solid Dispersion
of Flunarizine Dihydrochloride. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (ISSN: 2277-7105)
2015; 4(5): 2506-2521.
11. Chavda HV*, Chavada G, Patel J, Rangpadiya K, Patel CN. Topical Vaginal Drug Delivery
System Based on Superporous Hydrogel Hybrids. Protein & Peptide Letters (ISSN: 0929-8665,
Impact Factor 1.735) 2014; 21(11): 1176-1184.
12. Chavda HV*, Patel RD, Modhia IP, Patel CN. Role of Superporous Hydrogel Particles as a
Superdisintegrant in Fast Disintegrating Tablet of Glipizide. Chronicles of Young Scientists
(ISSN: 2229-5186) 2014; 5(1):11-19.
13. Chavda HV*, Patel J, Chavada G, Dave S, Patel A, Patel CN. Self Nanoemulsifying Powder of
Isotretinoin: Preparation and Characterization. Journal of Powder Technology. (ISSN: 2090-
7737) 2013; 2013 Article ID 108569, 9 pages. [Cited on 15/11/2013].
14. Chavda HV*, Modhia IP, Mehta A, Patel RD, Patel CN. Development of Bioadhesive Chitosan
Superporous Hydrogel Composite Particles based Intestinal Drug Delivery System. BioMed
Research International (ISSN: 2314-6133, Impact Factor 2.880) 2013; 2013 Article ID 563651,
10 pages. [Cited on 06/08/2013]
Page 7 of 12 Dr. Hitesh Chavda
15. Chavda HV*, Patel SK, Patel CN. Insignificant Effect of Superporous Hydrogel Particles as a
Superdisintegrants in Fast Dispersible Tablets of Aceclofenac. Online article PharmaTutor
(ISSN: 2347 - 7881) 2013 (Published on Web 31/01/2013). Available from:
as-superdisintegrants-in-fast-dispersible-tablets-of-aceclofenac?page=0,0 [Cited on
16. Chavda HV*, Patel RD, Modhia IP, Patel CN. Preparation and Characterization of
Superporous Hydrogel Based on Different Polymers. Int J Pharm Investig (ISSN: 2230-973X)
17. Chavda HV*, Patel MS, Patel CN. Preparation and In Vitro Evaluation of Guar Gum Based
Triple-Layer Matrix Tablet of Diclofenac Sodium. Res Pharm Sci (ISSN: 1735-5362, Impact
Factor 0.220) 2012; 7(1): 57-64.
18. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Pharmaceutical Formulations for Oral Transmucosal Drug Delivery.
News Tech 2011; 29:10-11.
19. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Modh KM, Panigrahi B. Preparation, Characterization and In Vitro
Evaluation of Carbopol-based Superporous Hydrogel Composite. Indian J Pharm Sci (ISSN:
0250-474X, Impact Factor: 0.626) 2011; [Accepted on 12/05/2011].
20. Chavda HV*, Chaudhari TM, Patel CN. Antacids Incorporation in Immediate Release Tablets
Failed to Improve the Stability of Omeprazole in Acidic Media. J Pharm Negative Results
(ISSN: 0976-9234) 2011; 2(2):73-77.
21. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Preparation and in vitro evaluation of a stomach specific drug delivery
system based on superporous hydrogel composite. Indian J Pharm Sci (ISSN: 0250-474X,
Impact Factor: 0.626) 2011; 73(1):30-37.
22. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Effect of Crosslinker Concentration on Characteristics of Superporous
Hydrogel. Int J Pharm Investig (ISSN: 2230-973X) 2011; 1(1):17-21.
23. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. A Newer Formulation Approach: Superporous Hydrogel Composite-
Based Bioadhesive Drug-Delivery System. Asian J Pharm Sci (ISSN: 1818-0876, Impact Factor
0.250) 2010; 5(6): 239-250.
24. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Chitosan Superporous Hydrogel Composite-Based Floating Drug-
Delivery System: A Newer Formulation Approach. J Pharm Bioall Sci (ISSN: 0976-4879,
Impact Factor 0.175) 2010; 2(2): 124-131.
25. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Prajapati ST, Patel CV. A Newer Formulation Approach Based on
Superporous Hydrogel Particles for Gastroretentive Drug-Delivery System: Preparation and
In Vitro Evaluation. Inventi Impact: NDDS (ISSN: 2229-4147) 2010; 2: Article ID: 2010nd70a
(Published on Web 15/07/2010; www.inventi.in).
26. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Prajapati ST, Patel CV. A Newer Formulation Approach Based on
Superporous Hydrogel Particles for Gastroretentive Drug-Delivery System: Preparation and
In Vitro Evaluation. Inventi Rapid: NDDS (e-ISSN: 0976-3791) 2010; 1(1): Article ID:
2010nd70a (Published on Web 13/04/2010; www.inventi.in).
27. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Anand IS. Biopharmaceutics Classification System. Syst Rev Pharm
(ISSN: 0975-8453) 2010; 1(1): 62-69.
28. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Preparation and Characterization of Swellable Polymer-based
Superporous Hydrogel Composite of Poly (Acrylamide-co-Acrylic Acid). Trends Biomater Artif
Organs (ISSN: 0971-1198, Impact Factor: 0.675) 2010; 24(2): 83-89.
29. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Effects of Solvent Treatments on Characteristics of Superporous
Hydrogels. Ethiopian Pharm J (ISSN: 1029-5933) 2009; 27(1): 16-24.
30. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Karen HD. Preparation and Characterization of Chitosan-Based
Superporous Hydrogel Composite. J Young Pharm (ISSN: 0975-1483) 2009; 1(3): 199-204.
31. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Aquaporins: Secret Highways for Water Transport. Pharm Reviews
(ISSN: 1918-5561) 6(2), Apr 11, 2008.
Page 8 of 12 Dr. Hitesh Chavda
32. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Patel AM, Patel BN. Supercritical Fluid: Green Solvent for Tomorrow.
Pharm Reviews (ISSN: 1918-5561)5(3), May 16, 2007.
33. Chavda HV*. Dendrimers: Polymers of 21st Century. Pharm Reviews (ISSN: 1918-5561) 5(1),
Feb. 02, 2007.
34. Modi J*, Patel JK, Chavda HV. Superporous Hydrogel: A Supreme Approach for Gastric
Retention. Online article PharmaTutor (ISSN: 2347 - 7881) 2012 (Published on Web
03/08/2012). Available from: http://www.pharmatutor.org/articles/superporous-hydrogela-
supreme-approach-for-gastric-retention [Cited on 31/01/2013].
35. Karen HD*, Anand IS, Patel CN, Chavda HV, Patel JK. Formulation and Evaluation of
Amphotericin-B as A Lyophilized Product. J Global Pharma Tech (ISSN: 0975-8542) 2010;
36. Parikh BN*, Gothi GD, Patel TD, Chavda HV, Patel CN. Microsponge as Novel Topical Drug
Delivery System. J Global Pharma Tech (ISSN: 0975-8542) 2010; 2(1): 17-29.
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
Dr. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Archive of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
Sassari University, Italy
Archive of Urological Research
Jose Manuel Ramia-Angel
Guadalajara University Hospital , Spain
Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research
Former member of MGH, USA
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."