Master Degree, Hydraulic Engineering, University of Cagliari (Laurea Magna cum Laude – 110/100 e Lode), Thesis: A water quality optimization modelling for complex water systems, November 2002.
Ph.D., Water Resource Systems Analysis, University of Cagliari, Thesis: A mixed optimization - simulation approach for complex water resource systems analysis, February 2006.
Research Interest: water system, water quality, reservoirs and lakes, coastal morphology.
Grant funded by the Sardinian Regional Government for the research project on Development of a combined optimization-simulation approach for complex water system under drought conditions. 2007.
Grant for appointment as Adjunct Assistant Professor funded by the Sardinian Regional Government under the Operative Programme of the European Social Fund (POR FSE Sardegna 2007-2013). 2010– 2012.
Who’s Who in the World 2011 – 2012.
Grants funded by the University of Cagliari based on teaching and research quality indicators. 2012 – 2015.
Articles in Referred Journals:
1. Sechi, G.M. and Sulis, A. (2007), Multi-reservoir system optimization using chlorophyll-a trophic indexes, Water Resources Management, 21(5), 849-860, ISSN 0920-4741.
2. Sechi, G.M. and Sulis, A. (2009), Dynamic attribution of water quality indexes in a multi-reservoir optimization model, Desalination, 237(1), ISSN 0011-9164.
3. Sulis, A. (2009), GRID computing approach for multireservoir operating rules with uncertainty, Environmental Modelling & Software, 24(7), 859-864, ISSN 1364-8152.
Curriculum Vitae Dr Andrea Sulis, PhD iv
4. Sechi, G.M. and Sulis, A. (2009), Water system management through a mixed optimization-simulation approach, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 135(3), 160-170, ISSN 0733-9496.
5. Atzeni, A., Pedone, C. and Sulis, A. (2009), Morfologia del Saliente di Is Morus – Pula (CA) e idrodinamica attorno allo scoglio antistante, Studi Costieri, 16, 73-88, ISSN 1129-8588 (In Italian).
6. Sechi, G.M. and Sulis, A. (2010), Drought mitigation using operative indicators in complex water systems, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 35(3-5), 195-203, ISSN 1474-7065.
7. Sulis, A., Buscarinu, P. and Sechi, G.M. (2011), Using reservoir trophic-state indexes in optimization modeling of water-resource systems, Environmental Modelling & Software, 26(6), 731-738, ISSN 1364-8152.
8. McIntosh, B.S., Ascough, J.C., Twery, M., Chew, J., Elmahdi, A., Haase, D., Harou, J.J., Hepting, D., Cuddy, S., Jakeman, A.J., Chen, S., Kassahun, Lautenbach, A. S., Matthews, K., Merritt, W., Quinn, N.W.T., Rodriguez-Roda, I., Sieber, S., Stavenga, M., Sulis, A., Ticehurst, J., Volk, M., Wrobel, M., van Delden, H., El-Sawah, S., Rizzoli, A. and A. Voinov, (2011), Environmental decision support systems (EDSS) development – Challenges and best practices. Environmental Modelling & Software, 26 (12), 1389-1402, ISSN 1364-8152.
9. Atzeni, A. and Sulis, A. (2012), Field measurements of tug waves in the Cagliari Harbor, Italy, Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 138(1), 72-76, ISSN 0733-950X.
10. Sulis, A. and Sechi, G.M. (2013), Comparison of generic simulation models for water resource systems. Environmental Modelling & Software, 40, 214-225, ISSN 1364-8152.
11. Sulis, A., Buscarinu, P., Soru, O. and Sechi, G.M. (2013), Trophic state and toxic cyanobacteria density in optimization modeling of multi-reservoir water resource systems. Toxins, 6(4), 1366-1384, ISSN 2072-6651.
12. Sulis, A. and Annis, A. (2014). Morphological response of a sandy shoreline to a natural obstacle at Sa Mesa Longa beach, Italy. Coastal Engineering, 84, 10-22, ISSN 0378-3839.
13. Sulis, A., (2016). An optimisation model for reservoir operation. Water Management. DOI: 10.1680/jwama.15.00048, ISSN 1741-7589.
14. Sulis, A., Balzano, A., Cabras, C., and Atzeni, A. (2017). On the applicability of empirical formulas for natural salients to Sardinia (Italy) beaches. Geomorphology, 286, 1-13, ISSN 0169-555X.
15. Sulis, A., Cozza, R., and Annis, A. (2017). Extreme wave analysis methods in the Gulf of Cagliari (South Sardinia, Italy). Ocean & Coastal Management, 140, 79-87, ISSN 0964-5691.
16. Sulis, A., (2017). Improved Implicit Stochastic Optimization technique systems under drought conditions: the case study of Agri-Sinni water system. International Journal of River Basin Management. DOI: 10.1080/15715124.2017.1378225, ISSN: 1571-5124.
17. Sulis, A., Frongia, S., Liberatore, S., Zucca, R. and Sechi, G.M. (2018). Combining water supply and flood control purposes in the Coghinas Basin (Sardinia, Italy). International Journal of River Basin Management. DOI: 10.1080/15715124.2018.1476366, ISSN: 1571-5124.
18. Sulis, A., (2018). Minor structures for the improvement of wave disturbance in a small harbor. ACE – 9249407. Advances in Civil Engineering. ISSN: 1687-8094.
Skype ID: andrea.sulis
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
University of Reims, France
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."