Research Interest: Rhinology, Sleep disordered breathing, drug elution
List of Publications:
1. Catalano PJ, Levin SM: Noise-induced hearing loss and portable radios with headphones. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 1985: 9: 59-67.
2. Catalano PJ: Zenker's diverticulum - Case report and review. The Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine 1985: 54 (6) 535-540.
3. Katz AD, Catalano PJ: The clinical significance of the various anastomotic branches of the facial nerve. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1987: 113 (9): 959-962.
4. Catalano PJ, White I, Catz B: Thyroid malignancy presenting as an obstructing pharyngeal tumor. Surgical Rounds. October, 1988: 77-80.
5. Catalano PJ, Lawson W, Bottone E, LeBenger J: Basidiomycetous
(mushroom) infection of the maxillary sinus. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck
Surgery 1990: 102 (2):183-186.
6. Catalano PJ, Lawson W, Som P, Biller HF: Radiographic evaluation and diagnosis of the failed frontal osteoplastic flap with fat obliteration. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1991: 104 (2): 225-234.
7. Ludov N, Som PM, Catalano PJ: Eccentric cystic facial schwannoma; CT and MR Features. Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography: 1991: 15: 1065-1067.
8. Catalano PJ, Urken ML, Alvarez M, Norton K, Biller HF, Wedgewood J. Holzman I: New approach to the management of airway obstruction in the "high risk" neonate. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1992: 118 (3): 306-309.
9. Catalano PJ, Eden AR: An external reference to identify the internal auditory canal in middle fossa surgery. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1993: 108 (2): 111-117.
10. Catalano PJ, Biller HF, Sachdev V: Access to the central skull base via a modified Le Fort I maxillotomy: The palatal hinge flap. Skull Base Surgery 1993: 3 (1): 60-68.
11. Catalano PJ, Biller HF: Extended osteoplastic maxillotomy: A versatile new procedure for wide access to the central skull base and infratemporal fossa. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1993: 119 (4): 394-400.
12. Urken ML, Catalano PJ, Sen C, Post K, Futran N, Biller HF: Free tissue transfer for skull base reconstruction: Analysis of complications and a classification scheme for defining skull base defects. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1993: 119: (12): 1318-1325.
13. Rothschild MA, Catalano PJ, Urken ML, Brandwein M, Som P, Norton K, Biller HF: Evaluation and management of congenital cervical teratoma. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1994: 120: 444-448.
14. Rothschild MA, Catalano PJ, Biller HF: Ambulatory pediatric tonsillectomy and the identification of high risk subgroups. Otolaryngology- Head Neck Surgery 1994: 110: 203-210.
15. Frasier AB, Sen C, Casden A, Catalano PJ, Post KD: Cervical transdural intramedullary migration of a sublaminar wire: A complication of cervical fixation. Spine 1994: 19: 456-459.
16. Urken ML, Weinberg H, Buchbinder D, Moscoso J, Lawson W, Catalano PJ, Biller HF: Microvascular free flaps in head and neck reconstruction: Report of 200 cases and review of complications. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1994: 120: 633-640.
17. Catalano PJ, Bederson J, Turk JB, Sen C, Biller HF: New approach for operative management of vascular lesions of the infratemporal internal carotid artery. American Journal of Otology 1994: 15: 495-501.
18. Som PJ, Lidov M, Catalano PJ, Brandwein M, Biller HF: Sinonasal esthesioneuroblastoma with intracranial extension: Observations on marginal tumor cysts as a diagnostic MRI finding. American Journal of Neuroradiology August, 1994: 15: 1259-1262.
19. Catalano PJ, Hecht C, Biller HF, Lawson W, Post K, Sachdev V, Sen C, Urken ML: Craniofacial resection: Analysis of 73 cases. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1994: 120: 1203-1208.
20. Catalano PJ, Bergstein M, Post K, Sen C: Management of the eye following iatrogenic facial paralysis. Neurosurgery August, 1994: 35: 2: 259-263.
21. Catalano, PJ, Simpson DM, Eden AR: Infraorbital (V2) and mental (V3) nerve stimulations produce correspondingly specific facial nerve reflexes analogous to the blink reflex. European Archives of Otorhinolaryngology (Suppl): S221, 1994.
22. Catalano PJ, Bergstein M, Biller HF: Comprehensive management of the eye in facial palsy. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery January, 1995: 121: 81-86.
23. Seigal D, Sen C, Catalano, PJ: Predictive value of preoperative balloon occlusion test of the internal carotid artery. Skull Base Surgery April, 1995: Vol. 2, #2: 97-107.
24. Catalano PJ, Sen C, Biller HF: Cranial neuropathy(s) secondary to the perineural spread of cutaneous malignancies. American Journal of Otology 1995; Vol. 16, #6: 1-6.
25. Sen C, Eisenberg M, Casden AM, Sundaresan N, Catalano PJ: Management of the vertebral artery in excision of extradural tumors of the cervical spine. Neurosurgery 1995: 36: 106-116.
26. Post K, Eisenberg M, Catalano PJ: Hearing preservation in acoustic neuroma surgery: What factors influence outcome. Journal of Neurosurgery 1995: 83: 191-196.
27. Catalano PJ, Post K, Sen C, Simpson D: Preoperative facial nerve studies predict paresis following cerebello-pontine angle surgery. American Journal of Otology, 17(3):446-451, May 1996.
28. Catalano PJ, Brandwein M, Shah DK, Urken ML, Lawson W, Biller HF: Sinonasal hemangiopericytomas: A clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of seven cases. Head & Neck January/February 1996: 18:42-53.
29. Shaari CM, Catalano PJ, Sen C, Post K: Central nervous system metastases from
esthesioneuroblastoma. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery June 1996: 114(6):808-812.
30. Catalano PJ, Post K: Elimination of tinnitus following hearing preservation surgery for acoustic tumors. American Journal of Otology May 1996: 17(3):443-445.
31. Hague K, Catalano PJ, Rothschild MA: Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disease presenting as sudden respiratory arrest in a 3-year-old child. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology March 1997: 106(3):244-247.
32. Gunderson E, Moline J, Catalano PJ: Risks of developing NIHL in employees of urban music clubs. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 1997: 31: 75-79.
33. Catalano PJ, Fang-Hui E, Som P: The imaging demonstration of fluid-fluid levels in benign neurogenic tumors. American Journal of Neuroradiology Feb. 1997: 18:
34. Friedland DR, Catalano PJ: Infant hearing screening: A cost effectiveness analysis of the high risk register and auditory brainstem response. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology1996: 38: 115-130.
35. Catalano PJ, Jacobowitz O, Post KD: Elimination of headache following retrosigmoid
removal of acoustic tumors. American Journal of Otology 1996. Vol 17 (6), 904-908.
36. Brisman M, Sen C., Catalano PJ: Results of Surgery for Head and Neck Cancers that
Involve the Carotid Artery at the Skull Base. Journal of Neurosurgery 1997 86:787-792.
37. Catalano PJ, Sen C, Post K, Costantino P: The Use of Cement in Prevention of CSF Leak in CPA Surgery,. Proceedings of the “3rd International Congress on Acoustic Neurinoma and Other CPA Tumors”: June 12-17, 1999.
38. Catalano PJ, Sen C, Post K, Costantino P, Friedman C: Prevention of Cerebrospinal Fluid Rhinorrhea Following Neurotologic Surgery. American Journal of Otology March, 2000: Vol 21(2), 265-69.
39. Costantino P, Chaplin J, Wolpoe ME, Catalano PJ, Sen C, Bederson J, Govindaraj S.:
Applications of Fast-Setting Hydroxyapatite Cement: Cranioplasty. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery October, 2000: Vol 123 (4), 409-412.
40. Catalano PJ, Catalano LA, Setliff RC: Minimally Invasive Sinus Surgery in the Geriatric Patient. Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology June 2001: Vol 12(2), 85-90.
41. Laidlaw D, Costantino P, Garindaraj V, Catalano PJ: Tympanic membrane repair using a dermal allograft. Laryngoscope. 2001; 111: 702-7.
42. Catalano PJ, Laidlaw D, Sen C: Globe-Sparing Orbital Exenteration.
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Oct. 2001:Vol. 125(4), 379-84.
43. Setliff RC, Catalano PJ, Catalano LA, Francis C: Classification of the Ethmoid Bulla and It’s Ostia. Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery Dec. 2001: Vol. 125 (6), 598-602.
44. Roffman E, Scharukh J, Hybels R, Catalano PJ: Extraction of Sharp Esophageal Foreign Bodies. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery June, 2002: Vol. 128 (9), 1096-1098.
45. Catalano PJ, Roffman E.: Long-term Outcome in Patients with Chronic Sinusitis Following MIST. American Journal of Rhinology Jan/Feb 2003:Vol. 17 (1), 18-23.
46. Catalano PJ, Roffman E.: Evaluation of Middle Meatal Stenting following MIST. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, June, 2003, 875-881.
47. Catalano PJ: Minimally Invasive Sinus Techniques (MIST): A Surgical Model for the
Treatment of Chronic Sinusitis. American Rhinologic Society. Summer 2003:Vol 22 (3).
48. Catalano PJ: MIST: What is it? When should we consider it? Current Opinion in
Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery, Feb, 2004, 34-37.
49. Catalano PJ, Dolan R, Seldin D, Silverman M: Correlations between SPECT Bone
Scanning and Histopathology of the Ethmoidal Bulla. Annals of Otology, Rhinolgy, and Laryngology, 2007; Vol. 116 (9), 647-652.
50. Choi EE, Catalano PJ, Chang KK: Chondro-Osseous Respiratory Epithelial Hamartoma of the Sino-nasal Tract. Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Jan, 2006: Vol. 134 (1), 168- 169.
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
University of Parma, Italy
International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research
China University of Political Science and Law, China
Forensic Science Today
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Open Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Yeungnam University, Korea
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."