Bianciardi Giorgio, PhD_short biography
He graduated cum lauda in Biological Sciences in 1978, cum lauda in Medicine and Surgery in 1999, PhD degree in Experimental Medicine: Atherosclerosis in 1988, at the University of Siena, Italy. Present position is at University of Siena, as Researcher (Professore Aggregato), Dpt. Medical Biotechnology and member of the Presidio di Qualità (“quality in teaching”).
Since 1975 to 2014 he has produced #347 works (Clinical Pathology/Biomedicine, in particular at morphological and morphometrical level and Astrobiology: #114 papers, #58 proceedings and other books, #4 books, #131 abstract, others). Impact Factor: 109.7.
At present (since 2001/2002), he teaches "General Pathology and Phisiopathology" , “Microbiological Techniques” and 7 other courses.
A National Commision awarded him the "Leonardo" prize (2010) for Scientific Popularization (Città di Salerno). An international Commission awarded him the minor planet 55418 ("Bianciardi"). He is Vice-President of Unione Astrofili Italiani, Director of the Astronomical Observatory of Montarrenti (Siena), Editor of the scientific paper “Astronomia”He is married with Elena Pisanu, and he has a son, Lorenzo
List of Publications:
1. G. Bianciardi, M. Buonsanti, A. Pontari, S. Tripodi. Fractal Analysis and biophysical investigation of muscular tissue damaged due to low temperature: a pilot study JOURNAL OF BIOMIMETICS, BIOMATERIAL AND TISSUE ENGINEERING, ISSN 1662-1018, vol. 14, p. 43-51, 2012.
2. G. Bianciardi, C. Traversi, R.Cattaneo, C. De Felice, A. Monaco, GM. Tosi, S. Parrini, G. Latini (2012). Phase transition of Microvascular Network Architecture in Human Pathologies. THEORETICAL BIOLOGY FORUM (ISSN 0035-6050), 1, 37 – 45
3. G. Bianciardi, JD Miller, PA Straat, GV Levin. Complexity Analysis of the Viking Labeled Release Experiments (2012). INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AERONAUTICAL AND SPACE SCIENCES (pISSN: 2093-274X, eISSN: 2093-2480), 13 (1), 14- 26.
4. G. Bianciardi, Acampa M, Lamberti I, Sartini S, Servi M, Biagi F, Bocchi V, Hayek J, Pastorelli M. Microvascular abnormalities in Rett syndrome. CLIN. HEMORHEOL. MICROCIRC,. PMID:23481597 ISSN:1386-0291, Vol. 54, pp. 109-113, 2013
5.G. Bianciardi, Bisogno S, Bertoldi I, Laurini L, Coviello G, Frediani B. Fractal dimension of bone texture in radiographs correlates to ultrasound broadband attenuation T-score. CLIN EXP. RHEUMATOL., PMID:23406833 ISSN: 0392-856X, Vol. 31, pp. 389-393 , 2013
6.G. Bianciardi, C. Miracco, S. Lazzi, P. Luzi. Fractal analysis of epithelial-connective tissue interface in basal cell carcinoma of the skin. CURRENT BIOINFORMATICS, ISSN: 1574-8936 , Vol. 8, pp. 357-361, 2013
7. G. Bianciardi , P. Luzi. Fractal analysis of the bone marrow in myelodysplastic syndromes CURRENT BIOINFORMATICS, ISSN: 1574-8936 , 9(4) 408-413, 2014 8. In press (accepted)
9. G. Bianciardi, I. Tanganelli, Fractal analysis of circulating platelets in type 2 diabetic patients Clin Hemorheol Microcirc, in press
10. G. Bianciardi, Increased entropy in in vitro activated platelets, Applied Cell Biology, in press
11. G. Bianciardi, Fractal analysis: a powerful tool to perform differential diagnosis in cancer and other malignancies, Applied Cell Biology, in press
12. G. Bianciardi, M. Acampa and M. Pastorelli Microvascular modifications in Rett Syndrome, chapter in “Rett Syndromes: sympotomps, treatment and prognosis, Nova Publisher, Hauppauge, New York, USA, in press13. Submitted
14. G. Bianciardi, S. Tripodi Multifractal analysis of muscular tissue cryofixed in a cryostat chamber, Current Bioinformatics, submitted March 2014
15. G, Bianciardi, V. Rizzo and N, Cantasano, Opportunity Rover's image analysis: Microbialites on the ancient Mars? International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, submitted July 2014
16. V. Rizzo, D. Billi, N. Cantasanom ME. Farias, M. Contreras, G. Bianciardi, Typical structures/textures of living/fossil microbialites and their implications in biogenicity, an astrobiological point of view. Biodiiversity and Conservation, submitted July 2014.
17. G Bianciardi Diffusion Limited Aggregation and Percolation: supracellular structural principles of the human body, in healthy and, respectively, pathologic, conditions, OA Medical Hypothesis, submitted August 2014
18. G. Bianciardi, L. Vassallo, D. Tacchini, M. Buonsanti, S. Tripodi Morphometric analysis of cryofixed muscular tissue for intraoperative consultation”, Micron, submitted August 2014
19. G. Bianciardi Platelet entropy is increased in type 2 diabetic patients, International Angiology, submitted September 2014
20. G. Bianciardi Geometric complexity is increased in in vitro activated platelets Microscopy Research and Technique, submitted September 2014
21. G. Bianciardi Order and randomness in ancient informational macromolecules: nonlinear analysis of archeal tRNAs sequences described as random walks. A pilot study. Theoretical Biology Forum, submitted October 2014
22. G. Bianciardi, Borruso L Nonlinear analysis of random walks: a tool to analyze transfer-RNA sequences , Journal of computational and applied mathematics, submitted October 2014
23. G. Bianciardi, C. Stefanutti Increased geometric complexity in circulating platelets of familial hypercholesterolemic patients, Bioinformatics Oxford, submitted October 2014
24. G. Latini,; C. De Felice, A. Barducci, L. Dipaola, MG. Andreassi and G. Bianciardi, New Clinical biomarkers for cancer recognition and prevention, European Journal of Cancer Prevention, submitted October 2014
25. C. Stefanutti, G. D’Alessandri, A. Petta , M. Harada-Shiba, U. Julius, H. Soran, PM. Moriarty,
26. S. Romeo, BR. Jaeger, G. Bianciardi et al, First on-line survey of an international multidisciplinary working group(MightyMedic) on current practice in diagnosis, therapy and follow-up of dyslipidemias. Atherosclerosis Supplement, submitted October 2014.
27. Papers regarding the study of oral/craniofacial pathology:
28. G. BIANCIARDI, C. Miracco, S. Lazzi, P. Luzi. Fractal analysis of epithelial-connective tissue interface in basal cell carcinoma of the skin. CURRENT BIOINFORMATICS, ISSN: 1574-8936 , Vol. 8, pp. 357-361, 2013
39. G.BIANCIARDI, M. Buonsanti, A. Pontari, S. Tripodi. Fractal Analysis and biophysical investigation of muscular tissue damaged due to low temperature: a pilot study JOURNAL OF BIOMIMETICS, BIOMATERIAL AND TISSUE ENGINEERING, ISSN 1662-1018, vol. 14, p. 43-51, 2012.
30. G. BIANCIARDI, C. Traversi, R.Cattaneo, C. De Felice, A. Monaco, GM. Tosi, S. Parrini, G. Latini (2012). Phase transition of Microvascular Network Architecture in Human Pathologies. THEORETICAL BIOLOGY FORUM (ISSN 0035-6050), 1, 37 – 45
31. DE FELICE C; BARDUCCI A; LATINI G; BIANCIARDI G; PARRINI S (2006). Node degree distribution in complex microvascular networks: a potential new diagnostic tool for extracellular matrix-related diseases. FRACTALS-COMPLEX GEOMETRY PATTERNS AND SCALING IN NATURE AND SOCIETY (ISSN:0218-348X) p. 251 - 258 Vol. 14,
32. LATINI G; BIANCIARDI G; S. PARRINI; LAURINI RN; DE FELICE C.(2006). Abnormal oral vascular network pattern geometry: a new clinical sign of Down syndrome.
33. JOURNAL OF PEDIATRICS (ISSN:0022-3476) p. 132 - 137 Vol. 148,
34. DE FELICE C; PARRINI S; DI MAGGIO G; BIANCIARDI G; LAURINI RN; LATINI G; SHIRRIFF K (2005). Oral mucosal microvascular network abnormalities in de novo mutation achondroplasia. FRACTALS-COMPLEX GEOMETRY PATTERNS AND SCALING IN NATURE AND SOCIETY (ISSN:0218-348X) p. 73 - 82 Vol. 13,
35. C. DE FELICE; G. BIANCIARDI; R. LAURINI; S. PARRINI; G. LATINI (2004). Congenital oral mucosal abnormalities in newborns with true umbilical cord knots. BIOLOGY OF THE NEONATE (ISSN:0006-3126) p. 34 - 38 Vol. 86,
36. PARRINI S; BELLOSI A; BARDUCCI A; BIANCIARDI G; LATINI G; DE FELICE C
37. (2004). Abnormal oral mucosal light reflectance: a new clinical sign of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. ORAL SURGERY ORAL MEDICINE ORAL PATHOLOGY ORAL RADIOLOGY AND ENDODONTICS (ISSN:1079-2104) p. 335 - 338 Vol. 97,
38. S. PARRINI; DI MAGGIO G; LATINI G; BIANCIARDI G; VALDAMBRINI L; DE FELICE C.
39. (2004). Abnormal oral mucosal light reflectance in Infantile hipertrophic pyloric stenosis. JOURNAL OF PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY AND NUTRITION (ISSN:0277-2116) p. 53 - 55 Vol. 39,
40. DE FELICE C; LATINI G; S. PARRINI; BIANCIARDI G; TOTI P; KOPOTIC RJ; NULL DM.
41. (2004). Oral mucosal microvascular abnormalities: an early marker of bronchopulmonary dysplasia. PEDIATRIC RESEARCH (ISSN:0031-3998) p. 927 - 931 Vol. 56,
42. S. PARRINI; G. BIANCIARDI; G. LATINI; G. DI MAGGIO; R. LAURINI; A. LOMBARDI; C. DE FELICE (2004). Oral microvascular network geometry abnormalities in infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis. FRACTALS-COMPLEX GEOMETRY PATTERNS AND SCALING IN NATURE AND SOCIETY (ISSN:0218-348X) p. 311 - 318 Vol. 12,
42. DE FELICE C; BIANCIARDI G; DILEO L; LATINI G; S. PARRINI 45. (2004). Increased oral vascular network complexity in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. ORAL SURGERY ORAL MEDICINE ORAL PATHOLOGY ORAL RADIOLOGY AND ENDODONTICS (ISSN:1079-2104) p. 429 - 434 Vol. 98,G. BIANCIARDI; C. MIRACCO; M. M. DE SANTI; P. LUZI
43. (2003). Differential diagnosis between mycosis fungoides and chronic dermatitis by fractal analysis. JOURNAL OF DERMATOLOGICAL SCIENCE (ISSN:0923-1811) p. 184 - 186 Vol. 33,
44. DE FELICE C; LATINI G; BIANCIARDI G; S. PARRINI; FADDA GM; MARINI M; LAURINI; RN; KOPOTIC RJ.
45. (2003). Abnormal vascular network complexity: A new phenotypical marker in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer syndrome GUT (ISSN:0017-5749) p. 1764 - 1767 Vol. 52,
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."